Chapter 17 – In search of the Legacy
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was early in the morning 2 days after the 4 brothers witnessed their sister's will and they were now, following their sister's last wishes, on the shore of some desert island, after docking their boat.

"Well it seems we have arrived, and since we are still alive it means that these masks work," said Death pointing to his invisible mask with the sleeve of the hood whose arm was also invisible.

"It is our sister that we are talking about, it is difficult for her things to fail and less if it is about poisons," Horald said with his mask on, like the others.

These masks on the outside were made of leather and covered the entire face, the eyes being covered with crystals, but the most outstanding feature is that the part of the mouth had the shape of a long bird's beak, but inside, they were found various magic arrays that purified all incoming toxins.

But in addition to these masks, they also carried a thin leather cover over their entire body, to avoid any toxin that could penetrate the skin and, like the mask inside, it also had some magic circuits that made a little air circulate inside.

"Stop talking and let's go," Lin said hurrying.

And with the word of their sister, the 4 brothers, each more terrifying than the other, for their sinister and disturbing garments that honored the name of their brotherhood, entered the forest of the island covered in poison.

The journey was constant and carefree as there were only some life forms that the only dangerous thing was their poison and not their strength. And after a few hours, they reached a large meadow that covered their entire view, it was there that Horald took out the book that his sister left to check it.

"Umm, well it seems that we are very close, this must be the meadow that is mentioned in the book, as my sister writes there is no loss."

"Of course there is no loss, there is no need for an intricate maze, just approaching the island is already deadly," said Death

"Hey, let's hurry, I want to see my niece," Moon said impatiently.

"Well yes, you're right to let's continue," said Horald.

Taking the word of Moon, the 4 continued their march through a vast mountain meadow and beautiful poisonous flowers, until suddenly they both stopped dead and immediately jumped a few meters back.

And as it fell, it explosively emerged from where several spear-shaped vines stood.

"That was close, wasn't it?" Said death.

"Oh brother stop joking, that was too slow," Moon said.

But contrary to the jokes between the 2 brothers, Lin said strongly

"Whoever attacked us, appears now or will do badly"

But to their disappointment, the 4 had to jump backward, but nevertheless in the middle of the jump, Death was pierced by the vines, or more specifically their clothes, after that the remaining 3 sighed and began to wait in guard.

After a minute or so, emerging from the horizon of the meadow an adolescent bound by hands and feet, being dragged by his feet, by Death being completely invisible.

Once he got his brothers to throw it at them and went to put on his hood which is now torn.

"Well it doesn't look like the description in the book," Lin said.

"It's obvious, to begin the book said that she was a girl," said Horald.

"Tell us who you are, and where is my niece," Moon said with bright eyes.

But to these questions, the adolescent only answered them.

"You invaders, there is nothing for you here! Go away or you will see."

"Or will we see what?" Said Death after putting on his hood and then continuing, "are you going to attack us with the vines that are below us?"

Then the adolescent turned a little pale knowing that his invaders had discovered his plan.

"Look, appreciates that we have not already killed you, I must say that we are very good at this," said Death, and then continued, "now speak to who you are, how can you resist the poison and where is our niece Sahaira."

"As if I believed suspicious subjects like you."

"There is this guy like he has suicidal tendencies," Horald said, then continued, "look, we look bad, very bad, and it is because of these suits that our sister, the Sahaira's mother made us, so to speak."

"I don't believe you," said the adolescent.

"What if we kill him and keep looking?" Lin said.

"What if I manipulate him and make him sing?" Moon said.

"No, no, wait for a little, look at him, he doesn't seem like a villain or rapist, he seems to be but an acquaintance of our niece, so if we do something to him, our niece can hate us, right?" Said Death.

"I agree with my brother, so sisters, can you please stop looking ugly," said Horald.

"Well ..." they both said, leaving him alone.

"Now, little boy seriously, can you be reasonable and serve us as guests?" Said Death.

"I ... I ... now!" The adolescent finished shouting.

But nothing happened, which left the adolescent uneasy.

"This is frustrating, you know I detected your little friend when he was looking for you, it was easy to catch him," said Death, pulling out of his hood a mana sphere where he was also fluttering a little fairy whose shape can be described as a bright little person with wings like a butterfly.

When the adolescent saw his friend, he became even paler with despair and anger.

"Don't worry, we won't do anything to him, I just want you to be reasonable."

"How do you expect 4 suspects to be reasonable, knowing that there have already been others with bad intentions," said the adolescent.

"If there are other insane beings who have been able to get here, there is a sister I think you did not foresee this," said Horald.

"Hey, it wasn't that you didn't need labyrinths since the poison was enough," Lin said.

"There is a brother who caught you," Moon said.

"Bad for me ..." said Death and then addressed the adolescent "hey, come on, it's finished, be reasonable and attend to us as we should."

"I... will not..." the adolescent was going to say, but Lin was fed up with knocking him in the neck, and then she said to his brothers with their mouths open.

"What ?, I was getting fed up, that it matters that he hates us a little bit then we explain it to him " after that, she takes the adolescent in her shoulder like a sack and continues saying "well let's continue."

And the brothers without more to say, continued on their way through the immense meadow, where after much walking, they saw in the distance a humble cabin and when they were closer, a small teen came out of it, who was nervous.

This teen around her 14 had brow skin, green hair, bright green eyes with elongated pupils like a reptile, had groups of dark green scales, in some parts of her body, currently visible on the forehead and arms, also she has long ears whose tips also have scales, her appearance was that of a pure and happy teen, and all this tenderness and beauty was covered by a simple white dress.

"Is it her?" Lin said.

"she looks like the description," said Horald.

“Niece!” Moon ran after her, but she was caught by Death by the neck scolding her.

"Calm Moon, you're going to scare her."

"Sorry ..." Moon said.

After this, they came a little closer to a safe distance, and it was then that the teen spoke.

"You who want to, please let my friend go ... I don't have much but I'll give you everything you have."

"Hey, wait, wait, calm, we don't come with bad intentions, contrary to what we see as fatal," Horald said, then went to Lin to say, "Come on, Lin, give him back to his friend."

When he said that, Lin walked a few steps and left the adolescent at the teen's feet and then went back where she was, after that the girl looked a little at her friend and when she saw that she was fine she looked at the 4 waiting for them.

"Well, sorry for your friend, it is that this is important and he did not stop resisting, do not worry he will wake up now," said Horald to later remember "yes, I forgot, brother the fairy please."

"Well," said death, and then set the fairy free.

After the fairy flew to the adolescent's body, Horald continued.

"Let us introduce ourselves, we would be something like your mother's brothers, therefore your uncles."

"Eh? mother ... you do know mother ...?"

"Yes, of course, we have many experiences with her, by the way, quick question, do you hate her?" Said death.

"Hey that was rude," Lin said.

but the teen's voice sounded saying before continuing the micro fight.

"My mother ... I don't hate her ... I think ... since I can remember she always manipulated my body, sometimes it was painful, she treated me like an object ..., but then one day the Experiments by then I no longer thought, it was then that she brought me here, then she hugged me for the first time and said 'I'm sorry, take care of yourself' and left ... I think that moment she regretted everything she did to me, that answers your question ...

"I suppose, ahh this sister of ours," said Death.

"Well, I suppose that at least it's good that you don't hate her, as you say she regretted it, and I leave you here to protect you, don't hesitate, come here I have some words from her," said Horald.

after that he walked a few steps forward and put a glass on the floor, which Harol injected with mana, this formed a circle on the floor of 2 meters in diameter and from it came a projection of her mother, who said weight.

"Hello, my daughter, if you are watching this…"

the words heard were kind and apologetic causing the Sahaira to cry and at the end of the message she superficially confirmed the identity of her uncles and then said goodbye.

"Well little one, what do you think you're already convinced," said Death.

"Yes… thanks for coming, I am Sahaira Tituria nice to meet you, uncles."

"Nice to meet you too, .... wait, I better put this before continuing," said Horald, putting another crystal on the floor.

This time the glass released a circle that covered them all, and it formed a blizzard as a dome formed over them, then Horald took off his mask and hood showing his young face, ending by saying

"This field will last a few hours and repel the poison courtesy of your mother, well continuing, I am Horald your always lover of peace and justice.

"I'm Lin, I like to fight," she said to herself after taking off her mask and showing her brave face.

"I am Moon! even though I'm younger I'm still your aunt," she said after showing her childish and tender face.

"I ..., you can tell me Ghost" he said without revealing himself the least

"Sahaira do not worry about the invisible, it is that he is very shy, when he least expect it he will appear to you telling you he name," said Horald

"Hey!" Said the Death, then go to her niece and ask her "by the way another quick question, who is that."

"Ehh, well he is ..." Sahaira started saying, but the adolescents in question jumped up saying.

"Eh?, what happened, Sahaira ?, and you who are .., Ah, it's you, you'll see!"

"Calm down, they are my uncles calm" Sahaira reassured.

"And you believe him?"

"If I believe you, they already gave me the evidence, so please apologize and introduce yourself."

It was then that the Adolescent with white skin, light brown eyes, and light blue hair told them.

"Good," he started saying to the 4, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to protect you."

"Easy," said Horald.

"Don't worry," said death

"No problem," said Lin.

"Apology accepted," said Moon.

And after forgiveness the adolescent showed up.

"My name is Tairon Valirente and I am currently a friend and protector of Sahaira, and this little fairy is Rindin."

After that, the 4 presented themselves again and then Sahaira told them.

"Why don't they pass and we keep talking."

"Thank you for your kindness," said Horald

"Thank you," said Death, Lin, and Moon.

And after the thanks were over, the whole group passed into the cabin where they would be happily gathered for several hours.

0