Chapter 9 – Hope
400 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several hours passed from the start of Yulio's experiment, now being 5 in the afternoon, hours in which Yulio was sitting in front of the entrance door of the mansion resting from his exhausting day and waiting for his wife, eager to notify you of your achievement. When, after waiting for a long time in the distance, a carriage pushed by 4 soldiers began to be visualized, being a driver nothing more and nothing less than his beloved wife Crystal with his characteristic cold face, but unlike these days of depression You could see an improvement in self-esteem.

When the carriage was close and Yulio could notice his wife, he stopped abruptly and opened his eyes at the strange sight, and once the carriage had reached the front of the mansion, as a good husband, he received it while she went down.

"Crystal, Good afternoon, ¿how was your day? ¿How do you feel?"

And he replied in a good mood.

"I'm fine, thank you, it was relaxing to train these soldiers," his wife replied, already being under the carriage and in front of him.

"Hey look I'm curious, and that carriage? and ¿why are the soldiers taking her?" Yulio asked

Next Crystal smiled maliciously saying, giving her partner goosebumps.

"These soldiers, say animals, had the audacity to contradict me, for which I granted them the honor of being my faithful steeds, and they are very happy and honored of it, ¿aren't they my faithful steeds?"

¡"Ma'am, yes, Ma'am!" The poor and tired soldiers shouted scared, hurting Yulio

"¿When do the steeds talk? - Crystal scolded them

"¡Yuunnnrruruur!" The soldiers responded even more scared, trying to imitate a steed, scaring Yulio for his wife as well as feeling proud of her and giving him more pity for the soldiers.

"These steeds still need discipline but they will soon learn," Crystal commented, and then continued, "On the carriage, as the lieutenant is absent and since I am the one in charge now, I took the trouble to inherit their belongings, among which are some furniture. that between them is a good bed, although of course, this carriage does not fit everything, so every day I will bring something.

Listening to the explanation, Yulio noticed a word symbol of his comfort, which led him to ask him after he finished speaking.

"Crystal, ¿you said a bed, right?"

"Yes a bed, I got a bed we won't sleep on the floor anymore," Crystal said filtering his happiness from his cold

Yulio noticed the plural word of "we will sleep" and the words "a bed", and deducing its implication this turned red like his partner after seeing his partner turn red and wonder and answering the why, giving an instant of awkward silence lowering her mood but Yulio excited and leaving behind his previous reasoning, he said.

"You are incredible, amazing"

Grieving a little, she changed the subject.

"Yes, well, but you have to lower things,¡ Steeds come and take things out and take them inside!"

With these orders he made way for the poor soldiers, along with Yulio as a volunteer, to lower the furniture and put them inside, among these was a small dining table with 4 chairs, the expected bed and a pair of oil lamps, the first thing They accommodated in the dining room, the bed, in a room on the ground floor, and the lamps also in the dining room.

Finished arranging things, the soldiers, as they arrived, took the carriage to the barracks, leaving the couple alone in the mansion, who prepared to prepare dinner, once dinner was over, both sat in the dining room to eat and discuss the things of the day.

"Now about what we are going to do," Crystal began, then continued, "This town on an economic and farming level there is not much to do, so the only viable option is monster hunting, but soldiers and villagers do not are strong enough to hunt them down efficiently. ¿Am I right?

"Yes indeed, the little hunting carried out by the villagers is the only thing that keeps them afloat," Yulio affirmed.

"Correct, for which I have decided, to train all the villagers capable of fighting together with the soldiers so that they become good hunters, and once they hunt easily, we could make expeditions to the dead forest and collect wood, at least with this we would improve the town. All this or I would start doing tomorrow, and about the ones you are going to do, umm ..., I suppose on the one hand you will join the practice and on the other, you will start to administer what little there is in town, ¿any comments?.

"Well I have something to tell you," he said, starting to smile a little.

"Well, you expect to say it," Crystal said, thinking to himself that nothing useful would come from his partner.

"It turns out ..., I can purify the water and possibly in the future we will be able to harvest"

That said, Crystal was surprised, and a silence invaded the space for one moment, then she asked incredulously.

¿How?

¿I ... achieved to purify the water," Yulio replied.

"¿Really?" Asked her partner again.

"Yes seriously," Yulio reaffirmed.

Next, Crystal looked strange at her partner even without believing her well and demanded an explanation.

"Let's see explain, ¿How did you purify it?"

"I… well, what happens is that I was born with a magical gift that consists in turning my mana into vitality or something like that, I'm not entirely sure, so it occurred to me, if I could do the opposite and instead to absorb, then after many attempts, I managed to absorb the toxins from the water and put them aside, only ..., it still costs me a lot, today I could only purify a puddle" Yulio explained.

"Yeah ... show me," Crystal demanded, a little anxious and excited by this revelation that she still didn't fully believe.

"I would, but it's already dark and good ..." Yulio said

Then I click his partner and then comment

"Tomorrow morning without fail you show them to me, and it had better be true or your training will be brutal," Crystal declared coldly.

"Yes of course …" Yulio finished saying

After this, the dinner ended and the time passed naturally until the next morning arrived and both being finally comfortable in bed were located in the experimental puddle of Yulio which had already dried up.

"Well, here we are, now show me," Crystal ordered.

"Okay, here I go," Yulio replied

Next, Yulio, as the last time, filled the small hole with contaminated water, to then use his magic little by little and with effort, although a little less than yesterday, to absorb the toxins and set them aside, leaving the small puddle purified, once finished smiling and tired he said to his partner.

"Look what you think, I achieved to purify the water."

Saying this, he noticed that his partner was leaking a smile and after finishing talking, she started to laugh a little which surprised Yulio and then said excited and somewhat sad.

"This is good, it is good, with this, we can emerge, if with this I can achieve it, yes, yes, father, mother, with this I will be able to recover our honor."

"Crystal, ¿you are okay?" Yulio said worriedly.

" ¡Yulio!" Crystal said strongly

"¡¿Yes?!" Yulio said confused

"With this, we will be able to resolve our situation, finally I see hope in the midst of this misery. So this is what we will do, as I said I will take care of training the villagers and the soldiers, and you will try hard and I will see that do to practice your gift in order to purify all this water, so in the morning you go with me to train your magic, and then you will practice until you can no more power your gift and if you have the strength you will help me to administer the town, because I am going to administer it since your priority is to practice" Crystal said happily and then added, "You have finally done something well, keep it up."

8