Chapter 13 – Inside the Wolf’s Lair
368 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month or so has passed, since the stressful meeting between the Valirente couple and the count and now on the morning of the second day, both were in a somewhat uncomfortable situation

"Sorry, Crystal for bothering you, but we have to prepare so that we can meet the earl at the fortress."

Yulio gently rushed to his wife, who was in the bathroom expelling everything inside, due to his morning sickness.

“Don't bother me and do something useful and move things forward buaahhhhh!” Crystal ended up vomiting before finishing giving the orders, to whom Yulio, who had a compassionate face, understood them and said.

"I'm sorry ... I'm leaving, I hope you get better."

With that said, Yulio left the room to finish preparing everything for the visit to the fortress, luckily for both after 2 hours even in good weather, they were both halfway to the fortress, in a humble carriage driven by 2 soldiers, who besides driving would be their escorts.

"Well, Yulio, let's review, this is the last visit we could make this year to the fortress since the day after tomorrow Count Monterio will return to his territory to prepare for winter."

"Yes, I know, this means this is our last chance."

"Exactly, we already know that the earl, is doing something illegal and terrible in the forest that could be the cause of everything, we only lack the evidence of his crime and knowing what exactly it is."

"Yes, the evidence ..., where could they be? Every time we visit we find nothing."

"Certainly not even in his room we found anything, I am beginning to doubt the quality of our reliable thief."

Crystal asked to finish naming the dubious character, a pitiful voice came from below Yulio's seat.

"Ma'am, have mercy and understanding for this humble servant."

"I have had enough mercy on you not to be executed, when we captured you 2 weeks ago, after capturing you for stealing our things."

"ma' am pity, I did not understand my insignificant existence at that time," the thief pleaded.

"If you want mercy so much, then show me how much you are worth and clean all the secrets of that fortress and bring them before me, this is your last chance, if not, then you are going to help Yulio with his magical training like the other convicts."

"By Eures!, I swear that there was no secret undiscovered, I promise you, also in these 2 previous visits they gave me the opportunity to know the architecture of the place, the tours of the guards, as well as discard several difficult sites.

Fervently promised the poor thief, knowing the horrible torture that awaited him at the hand of his lord, if he did not meet expectations

"I don't want excuses, I want results."

"To order, Ma'am."

Finished those orders Yulio joined the conversation with a guilty face and regret.

"Crystal…, don't make me look that bad, you know that I don't like that training at all."

"Yulio, don't be meek, that practice is almost as important, as your work with toxins, understands, and by the way, how are you doing with that.?"

"I'm improving ..., something that doesn't give me much joy."

"That's good, now, during our visit ..."

crystal started explaining again, continuing the discussions about the plans to follow in the visit, until they had reached the courtyard of the fortress where, before leaving, Crystal told the now silent thief.

"Well, you know what to do and what awaits you if you don't succeed."

And then the couple, as well as on previous visits, were escorted with their guards and the guards of the fortress inside it, leaving the carriage in the care of some guards who moved it to a shed.

It was in this shed, that after a few minutes, from the seat of Yulio, emerged, from a hatch in the cushions, a slim young beastkin, from the tribe of rabbits whose, fur was gray, which stretched a little and in his mind said

[Well it's time to do my life's work, literally ...]

It was then that the thief got down to work, came out without making a sound, and that no one saw him, sneaking through the fortress.

The skillful thief, as he had said before, already had knowledge of the area, causing him to move at a safe pace through the multiple corridors of the fortress, dedicating himself to looking for possible hidden or suspicious rooms, since in previous visits he had already After checking the other important rooms, and it was not until 2 hours later on the underground levels of the fortress, he detected the slight smell of the earl that came from any wall, then deducing the reason for this finding, using all his experience and skills in raping. magic and mechanical barriers, he investigates the wall discovering that it was a false wall which after another time of effort, could pass through it, without activating any trap.

[This was easy, I have seen bandit caves better protected than this hahaha, now treasure, come with dad.]

And with that mischievous thought of victory, clean with everything that was in the room, obtaining in the process several incriminating documents and some biological evidence which, he kept in a bag he was carrying.

"It seems that with this I can save myself, I'm the best, although ..., I have to admit my defeat before my lady, managing to catch myself with magical formations..."

Then the thief with victory in his hands left everything as it was as he always did, after a job, and as quietly as he came, in silence, he went to his hiding place in the carriage waiting for his lords, who on the other They were ending their meeting with the earl in some meeting room.

"Oh my young lords, I really would like you to visit my territory, especially that winter is coming," Count Monterio kindly suggested.

"Lord Monterio, you are really making it difficult for us, but you may see us as weak, but at this time we have taken a liking to this land and we would feel bad, if we left them for reasons of relaxation since now they are in a pious situation " Yulio politely reject

"Not at all, I really think that the two of you are great nobles, many nobles should follow your example, but even so I feel sorry for not being with you in winter especially when in this short time we have taken so Well and we have produced many ideas for our territories" Earl Monterio relented, to later Crystal to comfort him by saying.

"Don't worry, Lord Monterio, winter won't last forever."

"Yes, it is true, Lady Crystal, I will have to settle, well it is getting late and tomorrow I have to leave, I am sorry I cannot offer you more, my dear guests," Earl Monterio said to end the conversation.

"Don't worry, Lord Monterio, you have been a very good host for us," Yulio confirmed.

And with these and other words of farewell, everyone left the room, and then the Valirente couple left in the carriage, with Lord Monterio at the door of the fortress saying goodbye to them.

And was not 5 minutes after they left the fortress, that Crystal spoke to the hidden thief.

"Then little thief, I hope you have something."

"Ma'am, you will be glad to hear that I found what you were looking for."

before these words Crystal and Yulio were excited, and then Crystal ordered the thief the following.

"I hope it's true, go ahead and show me quickly, Yulio, give him a permit."

Following his instructions, the thief left the compartment, to then sit next to Yulio and deliver the stolen goods to his mistress, who reviewed quickly and accurately, smiling more and more as he checked more and when he was finished, he said.

"We have won, and we were correct, that degenerate is responsible for all this."

"How will it be Crystal, explain what the documents say," Yulio asked.

"I will explain later, this is urgent, thief passes me the writing tools, quickly we don't have time.

The attentive thief, acted immediately following the orders of his mistress, who after having the materials, with great skill and speed despite being on the move, wrote a letter to the surprise of the 2 present, and then gave him the letter and evidence the thief and order him seriously.

"Listen, little thief, this is your new mission, and the future of this town will depend on it."

The thief swallowed when he heard the seriousness of what was coming.

"Take this letter, and along with the evidence, go to the territory of my husband's family, the Funsei family, once you find the barons there, give them the letter, they will know what to do, do you understand?

"Yes Ma'am!"

"Well perfect, once we enter the city, I don't know how you are going to be, but you will immediately leave on your mission."

And just as she ordered, already inside the city, the thief, without anyone paying attention to him, got out of the carriage, stole a riding beast from some unfortunate hunter, and left the territory in great haste and care, not before receiving a map of your lady.

Once they were both alone in the mansion, Yulio asked him.

"Crystal."

but she answered him without letting him finish.

"I know what you mean, how can we trust him."

"Yes, exactly"

"Don't worry, he, like many of those who live here, loves his land, and wants it to improve. Also, I implant several magical arrays in him that will kill him with extreme pain if he does something wrong, and he is the only one with the skills to carry out this."

"I see, if you put it like that, I no have buts," Yulio commented resignedly, thinking again that his wife is beautiful and brutal, and that he is very lucky to have her.

7