Chapter 14 – Explanation
355 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the Valirente couple had arrived at the mansion, the two met in their room to discuss the content of the evidence.

“Now we are alone and with time, can you tell me what Count Monterio plans?” Yulio began the conversation.

"Well, all right, pay attention that this is serious, as far as we know, 300 years ago an evil sorcerer started all this disaster, resulting in contaminated water, no vegetation, and monsters everywhere, so far so good?".

"If this is the reason for the problems, I already know that."

"Well, even everything was fine, but the problem comes later with the actions of the count's family, I explain, it is known that his family is the one currently dealing with the problem, but with what we have seen, everything seems suspicious That is why we have been investigating."

"Crystal that I know, it is rare of you not to explain everything at once."

"I tell you because you are stupid and it is important to explain the general situation when it is something important.

"Sorry..."

"Well, now this is the question, according to the proof and the things that we have investigated until now, it can be concluded that his family, more specifically, the generation that installed the 8 pillars some 100 years ago, has deviated on the way ignoring the order to solve the wizard's disaster and instead they want to use the sorcerer's knowledge, for their purposes.

"What are its purposes?"

"Eternal life, an ancient but powerful reason."

"This is beginning to look like a legendary story."

"Don't interrupt me and listen fatball."

[I have lowered ...]

"The reason is the least right now, the problem is that their plan will be soon and it will not be good, you see, those pillars are not what they seem, on the outside they seem to be driving away the monsters but the truth is that they are the center of a huge magic circle that covers the entire city."

"This looks bad."

"And it gets worse, you will see those pillars feed little by little, from the energy of the toxins of the river as well as a negligible part of the energy of the inhabitants and through the years, I imagine that it has already accumulated a colossal amount of energy. And now according to the papers, once the circle is activated, it will transfer the energy to another circle located in the back of the forest in the old residence of the witch, where our Count will now be.

"Hmm, I imagine I would achieve immortality there."

"Don't interrupt me, but yes, there he would obtain immortality and some other pagan power and even the earl's objectives, but another problem comes, as a secondary effect of the activation of the 8 pillars, these will kill everyone inside by the massive energy released.

"This is bad, very bad, we have to alert them," said pale Yulio.

"Stupid, remember that the people believe in the Earl, and we who have done so far, I will tell you, just improve security and hunting, which is still not enough."

"But we are also seizing the lake and we can also convince them."

"The thing about the lake can help, but it may not be enough and we don't know if the men from Monterio can intervene, remember that we are still in their jurisdiction, and on convincing them I see it difficult thanks to the corrupt previous gentlemen, we don't have much confidence, Besides, people always have a hard time leaving their home.

"But if we try ..."

"Let me talk now, I have not said no to evacuation, only that it is the last option and that it must be done well. Now, attentive until now, I have only said the consequences, it is time to talk about our countermeasures."

"I hear you."

"You know that I sent our thief with the evidence and my letter to your parents, right?"

"Uju"

"Well, it is not difficult to deduce what will be done, currently we want it or we are not linked to this territory, so I asked him to reveal the count to your family."

"But my family, although they are somewhat famous, are still of the lowest class of nobles."

"Do not despise your family, it is also the only one we can currently trust."

"Okay, but what if they don't succeed?"

"Umm, I suppose we have to prepare for the worst, in my case I am already idealizing handling the soldiers and setting some traps, but in your case, you are definitely going to have to dedicate yourself to your other training."

"It's really necessary?."

"Necessary? You did not say that you would try hard, you lazy, this is the perfect opportunity to show what you are worth and it is definitely very necessary in case the worst happens since it is possible that Monterio corrupts his body in toxin and also gets some Similar creatures, and the only one who can face this is you, or perhaps bathing in the damned river and getting away with impunity does not give you the courage to face it, you piece of a coward.

"I can't deny your logic…, it's okay to spend more time squeezing my whole mind into it."

"Until you finally speak properly, now let's discuss the details."

And just like that, both of them had finished discussing their general plan, then now they began preparing for what would be one of the most outstanding events in the history of the country.

5