Chapter 15 – The battle begins
341 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The slow but constant months, one by one, have been fulfilled since the beginning of the plan to reveal Count Monterio, putting more and more tense the minds of people who would have known the truth, but even so, without wasting time, each one He tried to make the most of the interlude to reinforce his letters until the promised time came, not until the third month and the last month of the year.

During this time, the young couple wisely invested their time in developing their village and preparing their troops.

Regarding the town, a week after the plan began, they revealed to the people, the secret freshwater lake, achieving with this, calming and cheering the inhabitants immensely, but nevertheless fulfilling the couple's predictions, the water was poisoned secretly by the men from Monterio, triggering the discontent of the people, fortunately, Yulio was able to purify the water, not without first preparing a set-up to hide his gifts, thus being able to calm the people.

In other things, once they had the lake, they immediately opened channels, to enable and start planting food, which with Yulio's secret help could be harvested with satisfaction for days before the first snowfall, at the beginning of the last month of the year, achieving with this finish winning over the people.

On the other hand of the preparations against Monterio, Crystal, contained by her husband to take care of his health, trained his troops and prepared them in the different possible scenarios that could occur, without rebelling much of the plans.

Going to Yulio's training, this can be described as brutal, from early morning until night, almost every day, training his gift hard, lord duties, training with the soldiers, practicing magic and sleeping, all in that order, obtaining As a result, a Yulio with a body with a somewhat greasy but robust and strong general constitution, product of the re-conversion of fat into muscle, almost reaching the ideal of a warrior, and his fat-free features revealed a well-defined face, with a thick jaw, full lips, humble temperance and a dark and marked look adorned with dark circles. But not only his body changed but also his knowledge and abilities, thanks to the different experiments and the teachings and toughness of his wife, he was able to cultivate his gift to disturbing levels and improve his magic in such a way that it was now useful.

And last but not least, the development of the couple, which during these months, has only advanced at a level more than forming trust at the level of friendship and partners, but this at the level of both, individually were something else.

Yulio every day, his love for his wife was nurtured and matured as he appreciated and trusted her more as he got to know and treated her over the course of days, leaving behind his platonic and superficial childish love.

Crystal for her part, although she could see Yulio as someone of great confidence, she still did not fit in that feeling called love, but at least, recently her eyes are already looking for a slight desire in the almost sculptural and well-formed figure from her husband.

And now returning to the tense present that prevents the storm, on a cloudy day and with the snow covering the ground, Crystal was caressing and staring blankly at her bulging belly through her loose dress, until the voice of her Concerned husband who was sitting in front of her in his now more decorated dining room took her out of her tender stupor.

"Crys, is he moving again?"

"Uh, yeah, it's weird ... but tender ... Hey, don't call me that and why are you still here if it seems like you're done, go and see the soldiers," replied Crystal, distressed, sending misery to His couple.

"Hehe, I can't rest the food for a while, have mercy."

"mercy belongs to the weak, now go and go."

"Well, well, but remember not to try too hard ...

"Go away!"

Finally, Crystal shouted, expelling her husband from the room, leaving her alone, contemplating her belly for a while longer, and then working on official documents and practicing her magic in a simple way, in her newly formed and humble office in some room of On the ground floor, until an hour later, from the door, Yulio entered, followed by no more and less than the thief who commanded the important mission, causing her to tense up.

"Crys.., Crystal, I bring Mister Lier here, with news of the mission," Yulio said, correcting his wife's nickname and revealing the name of the thief.

"Finally ... come, don't leave us waiting, thief, speak."

At the command of her imposing mistress, he hastened to the front of her desk to begin to relate.

"Good and bad news, the good news, the plan worked, the Barons Funsei believed the message and after several processes managed to convince the king of the misdeeds of ex-Earl Monterio, and the king consequently sent his army to capture him. and take the fortress.

At the news of the thief both were filled with happiness and relief, but still waited for him to finish speaking.

"But now the bad thing is coming, Monterio despite all the success he managed to escape and currently he is missing, it is believed that he is on his way here, but the problem is that no trace of him has been found, but despite this, the army should be here for tomorrow, that's all to report my lady."

Finished reporting the news, Crystal immediately ordered.

"Yulio has to find the captain immediately, quickly!

"Ehh ?, yes understood," Yulio replied, seeing the urgency of his partner left the room looking for the captain.

Minutes later, Yulio returned with the new captain of the troops, who greeted him rigidly saying.

"Greetings Ma'am, how can I serve you."

"Captain Draus, this is urgent, go to the new Captain Lier and start preparing for the evacuation as planned, depressively there is no time for explanation."

"At your command!" Shouted the 2 captains and immediately left the room to do their duty.

Once the 2 of them were left alone, Yulio asked him.

"Crys, you explain what happens and why Lier suddenly jumped to captain."

"Don't call me that, look, the thief did his duty and this is his reward, there is a clear reason for this since he appeared, it occurred to me to form a body that works in the shadows and there is nobody better than him for work, also I think you must have experience since in my letter I presented him as an undercover captain."

"Well, that explains about Lier, but why the evacuation? The columns have not yet been activated."

"You are still stupid Yulio, listen, Monterio is missing and his only way out is to rush his plan, I'm just preventing things."

"I understand, well, I suppose I should contribute to the evacuation since I'm somewhat free."

"If it's okay, go on."

"Then I say goodbye."

Saying this, Yulio turned to leave the room, leaving Crystal alone with her thoughts with the always said suggestion of all her acquaintances to take the situation calmly.

These decisions made quickly in that humble room, could not be more effective and precise and the future would lay the foundations to glorify the genius of Crystal, since after several hours until the end of the afternoon, Crystal from his office and Yulio in the middle of the city along with the other settlers could witness the activation of the 8 columns whose greenish and dark glow could be seen and felt in the distance, beginning the now-known battle of purification.

5