Chapter 16 – Cataclysm
340 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are many historical records on the different confrontations that have taken place throughout it, but among them, there are always some that stand out among others for their importance and development that can become legends, especially about the area where they tube place.

And it is on this winter night, where a new legend is about to begin in a town like many others.

It was an early winter night in the Desparamo territory, large and dense clouds covered the starry blanket of the full moon night sky, preventing starlight from giving its blessing to the earth, but nevertheless from the same land surrounding a town it Eight pillars was raised who, like lighthouses, reached their spectral green light to illuminate the entire area around them.

The jubilee and the expectation resonated through the almost uninhabited town, through the people who are now in it, but elsewhere, further south of the town, in contrast, restless and annoying voices were heard by the rest of the population. who were now in a makeshift camp and in this place on the edge of the camp in the direction of the pillars a couple and some soldiers were watching seriously and with concern of the illuminated town waiting for the predicted event.

"Crystal, we will do there are some who did not want to evacuate."

Yulio asked worriedly to his wife, who was biting her lip, on this serious occasion, unlike her fierce attitude, responded frustrated and somewhat annoyed.

"I don't like it, but at this point, we can't do anything anymore, because of the light they radiate, at any moment the absorption phase will begin."

Yulio hearing her like this, in response and understanding could only lower his head and clench his fists.

Followed by Yulio, Draus, the captain of the main forces, asked him

"Ma'am, with permission, but a catastrophe is really going to happen in the town, my men can, we can follow it anywhere, but the population worries me.

Then Crystal, with the same attitude with which she treated her husband, told her.

"I know, but we have to stand firm, at any moment it will happen, have faith in your lords, by the way, how are the troops?"

"At your command, ma'am, and on the troops, they are still in position and ready for any eventuality."

"Okay, keep it up, at any moment the situation will change."

And just as Crystal said, after half an hour the 8 pillars lost their light for a while, leaving those who were watching doubting and murmuring.

"What happened," Yulio asked.

"I think the time has come" Crystal prepared.

"I have a bad feeling" Draus worried

"Is this all?" Liar complained was also here.

And then plunged into a cold silence where only the murmurs could be heard, suddenly began to temper beginning the beginning of the end.

"Attentive soldiers and take care of the people .., ahh" Crystal ordered but lost his balance due to the earthquake that was getting stronger.

"I have you," Yulio said holding his wife preventing her from falling.

"Thank you ..." Crystal said sadly and then ordered while still holding her husband. "What is he seeing?"

Hearing the orders of their mistress and mistress, the soldiers around them went out to verify the camp, leaving the couple and the captains resisting the earthquake while they watched and saw the town.

Then it happened, find in the town the center of the earthquake, around it, began to appear and swirling flush with the pillars, a thick and green ghostly mist formed by mana, then the pillars began to light constantly from the bottom to top as they tuned strongly, and once fully illuminated, all stop tuning leaving everyone suspended and attentive to the people

And there happened, in full view of everyone, a powerful ray of green light burst from the town, instantly expanding to fit inside the pillars and rise to the sky illuminating everything in the valley and beyond, hiding in its immensity the entire town.

"What is that?."

"What happened to the people?"

"Dad, watch how it shines."

Different voices of bewilderment and shock could be heard, but at different voices, the couple and informed soldiers blanched as their minds filled with bitterness.

After a long time, the light gradually stopped shining until it was completely extinguished, leaving everyone in the dim lighting of the torches in expectation of what would happen, and in case of the soldiers awaiting orders.

After a while after the blackout, from the sky began to fall softly and in small quantities in response to lightning, small snowflakes all over the place, and it was one of this that fell on Crystal's forehead causing a chill that he pulled her out of her stupor and without realizing that her right hand was pressing her husband's left and her left to her belly, she ordered strongly without moving at all.

"Lier quickly, take some men and see what happened to the town and return immediately, quickly."

“Eh? Yes, at your command, Ma'am!” Lier replied, also coming out of shock, to immediately run off to camp to carry out orders.

Then it happened that Crystal realized that she was strangling Yulio's hand, to immediately release it, and see that she was smiling, holding the pain, causing her to embarrass herself a little and comment.

"Jum, sorry, my nerves."

"Don't worry, it's nothing," he said, lying with a smile when he saw her wife being tender, which relaxed her a little in such a tense situation.

"Now we just have to wait for the thief and prepare for the worst while we hope for the best, this is just the beginning," Crystal commented, changing the pace.

"You are right, this is not over, it still remains to catch Monterio and not counting his men."

"Uju"

It was then that once again the couple began to wait again for news, only this time they spent their time sitting in their store, reviewing and rethinking possible situations.

Once the team arrived, Lier, all pale and nervous, entered the command shop where the couple is, surprising and silencing everyone awaiting their news.

"Dead ... all dead, not a soul alive, it seems as if their souls were taken from them," Lier said, disturbed.

These words froze everyone present and in case of the soldiers in his mind, the idea passed that his mistress was right and that they should have acted more seriously in the evacuation.

"So in the end, if it was as the documents said ..., I knew this would happen but still ...,

"Crys calm down, don't blame yourself, you did the best, now let's prepare ourselves for what follows, for now, I think it's time to explain what happened, don't you think?"

Aff I must be wrong to receive your advice… well, everyone listens! " Crystal order attention after cheering up.

Thus, listening to her orders, all the soldiers ceased their thoughts and paid attention, it was then that Crystal began to explain the reason for everything that happened to those present and the reasons why she could not tell them.

The soldiers upon hearing the entire explanation, some were upset, others took it easy, but all regardless of their feelings accepted the explanation and their faith before their mistress was not affected at all.

"Now the explanation is finished, does anyone have something to say?" Asked Crystal.

But her response, contrary to her dire predictions, was answered with a silent smile of faith on the part of her soldiers, which moved not only her but her husband, feeling proud of her.

"Well since there is no complaint, now comes the next phase, the battle against Monterio, currently we have already made many plans for this, as you will know, but in the end at this moment we can only wait for what happens and act according to what happens according to the plans, so while we wait for the best event, which would be to meet with the army before the meeting, you can take it easy but not too much, that all can already withdraw except the captains " Crystal finished the meeting with these words.

But when the half was already leaving, like a rushed soldier, he entered quickly saying.

"Ma'am!, from the southeast you can see a large army approaching"

When that news sounded all around, they felt great joy to know this good news after a misfortune, which Crystal also joyfully ordered.

"Attention, it is very likely that they are the reinforcements, Liar goes with some of your men to intercept them and guide them to here, otherwise they return and report, Hurry!"

"Yes, Ma'am," replied everyone involved, and then left for the mission.

Then after an hour and a half, it was verified that the army was indeed the reinforcements and they were safely guided to the camp, receiving for their part Crystal and Yulio to the leaders in front of the command tent.

But by chance of cruel fate, from the darkness, both began to see the allied command group, but as they approached, both began to pale when recognizing the leaders of the unit.

[This must be a joke] Yulio thought, refusing reality.

[It can't be, not him,] Crystal thought, reliving extremely painful memories of her.

Then when they were much closer, they could no longer deny reality and both, independent of their feelings, knelt down saying casually in sync.

"Glory to his majesty, Prince Querin Reigaria."

Yes, in fact, the leader of the reinforcements was nothing more and nothing less than the ex-fiancé of Crystal the cause of his exile, and not only that at his side he was tenderly accompanied by Lithia the woman who took his first love and complicit in what happened.

And the prince when seeing the two could only wrinkle his face in bitterness and contempt.

6