Chapter 18 – The ice wall
374 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going back in time in the early hours of the morning as the siege of the fort occurred, Desparamo's remaining forces in the camp were at rest and in preparation for any eventuality, which unfortunately had arrived.

"Ma'am is urgent," a soldier came in, then continued, "the watchers saw in the distance an immense horde of monsters heading towards us."

Then sitting at one end of a long table, was Crystal with some dark circles but with a firm will, and upon hearing the news sighed and said with courage and seriousness.

"This is serious, but it's not like, we wouldn't have foreseen it" then she stopped taking care of himself and then left the place while saying" come on, follow me, and Draus checks that everyone is inside the perimeters."

"Yes, Ma'am," answered those present before starting.

In rapid and constant march taking into account her baby, Crystal escorted by several soldiers arrived at the center of the camp where she was received and surrounded by the whispering and curious inhabitants.

“Desparamo people!” Crystal shouted, shutting up the people "Many of you will have many questions and concerns about this situation, but for now I will tell you the following, we are at war.

The population fussed over that news, but it was not over yet.

"Yes, you heard well, we are at war, one with the beings of the forest of death, but don't worry, we, its rulers and all the soldiers of Desparamo like this, with the help of his majesty, have taken everything into consideration, and we have the of win."

I take a breath and continue

"So do not worry, we will win, that is assured, currently our main forces are besieging the fortress which was taken by the monsters and at any moment we will have news of their glorious victory."

"And why am I telling you this now, you may wonder, it is to prepare you for what is coming, our men have spotted a horde of monsters heading here at this very moment."

Hearing this, the population went into crisis but was placated by the glorious voice of its young and apparently fragile ruler.

"What are you worrying about? I have not told you that we have the assured victory, now I will show you the power of Desparamo, the result of several months of planning and you will see how we will be victorious from this, now watch."

Finished the speech Crystal knelt on her 2 knees, and put her hand on the arid earth and moments later to everyone's surprise, on the floor where her hands were, a large and intricate magic circle began to be marked that radiated blue light of 3 meters in diameter, it was then that all the people fell silent to observe what followed.

Once fully marked, Crystal knelt on one knee, then slowly unstuck his hands, gesturing as if she were starting to pick something up from the floor, and this was due to the fact that while he was lifting his imaginary object, several lines of mana visible to the views came out. from the middle of the circle, and they came together, forming in a mystical hollow sphere with innumerable interwoven lines, forming various patterns both on the surface and inside, which was storing and compressing a terrifying amount of mana.

Then at the moment when the sphere was complete, a circle of 10 meters in diameter appeared on the floor, covering and overlapping the one it was originally in, and it was the moment it appeared, that Crystal, with his mind on the spell, stopped. without releasing the sphere causing in this process that the earth began to temper and that more lines were gathered in the sphere assuming that it was growing.

Once she was totally stopped, the sphere, now as large as half of her body, held her in front of her face, as if offering it as a tribute, it was at this moment that the lines stopped coming out.

It was at this moment, that Crystal breathed and exhaled deeply and then with a forced scream, slowly pushed the great sphere into the sky as if it had something holding it back, and at the same time that it began to do this, thick lines of manas emerged from the limits of the first circle and were rising to the sphere taking the same time that Katiuscria raised it as if they were synchronized.

And once I finished raising it, it quickly rose several meters until it stopped while the thick lines arrived and integrated into it, causing it to expand even more, but some of them did not join completely and in an endless cycle They entered and left it in the form of an exhale, forming a column that supported it, forming a great mystical figure that illuminated the entire camp.

Finished forming, Crystal under her arms tired, but it was not over yet and the earth was still warming, then after taking another breath, she raised her arms again to hint that she was holding the sphere that was several meters above her, to then shout at once as he threw his imaginary sphere on the floor with both hands.

But when doing this, a huge amount of energy came out of the huge sphere that explosively dropped from the lines that went down the pillar to the ground causing a crash on the ground as its several anvils fell at the same time lifting a lot of dust and snow from the ground.

It happened then that a third and immense magical and intricate circle was formed that covered up to a kilometer outside the camp, it was then that Crystal, although tired but with fire in her eyes, screamed.

"This is not over, now see the enemy's worst nightmare and our greatest weapon and protection, the great wall of ice!"

And as if sounding at his rhythm, when he finished speaking, the tremors worsened and from the edge of the third circle from the floor a great quantity of toxic and black water began to rise and rise up to a height comparable to the walls of a great castle, and then begin to freeze quickly formed, as Crystal said, a great wall of ice.

Seeing this colossal work of magic and the great impenetrable wall, they felt happiness and joy which they could not hide causing a festive atmosphere around Katiuscria and when she saw this, she also shared these feelings and when she saw the wall in the distance she could not avoid remembering what happened to build it.


It was days after discovering Earl Monterio's plans that in one of his multiple strategic meetings with Yulio and Captain Draus they were stagnant since a certain point in the plan was weak.

"Everything is fine except this," Crystal said, frustrated.

"Yes, everything is relatively covered except this, that camp is very unprotected," Draus agreed.

"It doesn't seem so bad, you just have to defend well" contrary Yulio

"You are an idiot, I don't know why I still let you participate in these meetings, look at the war nothing should be left to chance, only a small loose end can be the downfall of a country you understand" scold Crystal.

"Sorry ... but I think there are not many options if we go in this direction, nor is it that we could make a wall out of nothing or if" Yulio apologized.

"Yes, if we had walls like the fort, few men could make a difference," agreed Draus.

"Walls umm that is not impossible ..." said Crystal.

“how?” The two men asked.

"I think it's not impossible, but it would be difficult, I'm going to try something, and tomorrow we continue, the meeting ends, tomorrow at the same time" closed the meeting Crystal leaving the 2 men in doubt.

After a day, the 3 of them were back together as Crystal had agreed, and it was she who started saying.

"I've already tried it's possible and it will be done, listen here is what we are going to do, Draus your men and I will somehow take a colossal amount of toxic water and keep it below the designated place for the camp, then I will take care of forming a great magic arrangement that forms a wall around and problem solved."

"Hey, hey, you're sure you can do it and in your state, I know you know magic but this is at an imaginable level" Draus worried.

"Of course you are, or perhaps you are contradicting me," said Katiuscria.

"Of course not, Ma'am, is that, is that, my lord, help me, she is his wife and she is also pregnant," Draus finished pleading with Yulio.

"Crystal, I believe in you, do it, but don't do physical and strenuous tasks, besides I doubt I can stop you ..." Yulio declared defrauding Draus.

"Well with this decided, Draus tell your men to go carrying the water, I will be at the place to deposit it with magic."

Following that, they began months of torture for the soldiers who had to bring an infinite amount of water to the designated place and on the part of Crystal she with the little she knew of earth magic managed to dig an immense well below the place and then fill it with water, but in addition to this he was in charge of preparing some magical mana collecting arrangements so that they could accumulate over time a colossal amount of magic and of course without forgetting to pre-build the main arrangement.

After the job was done, after 2 months, she, Yulio, and Draus were in the designated place, all arid and normal on the surface but contained various magical arrangements, mana deposits, and a large pool of water.

"I still don't think we could finish," Draus said.

"I was always sure," said Yulio.

"This is only the obvious result," said Crystal.

"Crystal tell me, I know you are a genius, but this kind of thing, you don't think that if you could others would do it, besides this is very colossal, otherwise it could be very dangerous, my question is…"

"I know what you are going to say and it is understandable, but think about it in another way, in other circumstances, it would be very difficult, first the degree of difficulty this, I achieved it due to my knowledge, not just anyone would do it, another thing is the requirement, putting this together It costs a lot of effort and time, it is not viable in rapid wars and without preparations, the other side is that it is illegal.

"Illegal?" Both said

"Well, not for us, this could be considered the defenses of the territory, but for any magician to do this would be illegal, well we have been here a long time, let's go back."

[What memories] ended up thinking Crystal after remembering, but this was not the end and I did not have time to keep remembering, so I started up saying the command.

"Desparamo People, this wall will easily support the horde of monsters, but nothing is infinite and we still have to kill the monsters, but don't worry we and the brave soldiers will take over, so rejoice for an unusual day in his life."

Finished her speech she took the soldiers and came to the wall from which even in its turbidity could still be seen through it, showing the horde of monsters approaching in the distance.

"Soldiers, what we will do will be simple and humiliating for the monsters to observe

It was then that Crystal touched the wall, and where it touched a hole was formed, and through this, she pierced it with a large ice spear that she made beforehand.

"Simple, no?, they come and stab them nothing more, and if they pile up, just move around enough, I'll meanwhile calmly form several holes."

And it was with such an explanation that the soldiers later, in an almost joking state, calmly, the soldiers stabbed with their spears through the hollow holes, killing or injuring the monsters from the security inside the wall, Crystal on his side, later, after making a great effort, for his health and that of the little boy, she retired to rest at the command shop with a smile on his face while he thought.

[It worked, how good it worked, I am the best, Yulio I have already fulfilled my part, I hope that you also achieve yours, I do not want to go down in history as one more martyr, and also ... I want to meet my little one.]

Later that battle will become the resurgence of the Ice Queen and will be known as the Ice Wall Massacre.

5