Ch 20 Real bandit don’t follow the script-2
784 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you dare to duel me one on one?"

Everyone got silenced, He glared me in eyes as was I.

After few seconds of stare-down, he suddenly started laughing " haah, ha ha ...ha ha "

"you got a clever mouth for a kid"

Then he turned around and said "My brothers are more than enough to deal with you?"

 

I felt a little surprised. He didn't fall into trap.
Well, I guess he is a renowned bandit for pretty good reason.  

He even perfectly maintained his reputation by saying the latter statement. Although, this much was expected from him.

 

He signaled two lackey who started moving towards me. First one took a big swing, I just side stepped and stabbed the second lackey in the neck easily with my longer sword. Simultaneously, my left hand also stabbed the first lackey in his heart.

I completed both action with ease.

Leader had a big grin on his face all this time.

His grin quickly faded.

His face become pretty serious.

This time five people came.

I didn't know that when i was focusing on next round of fight. I was being surrounded by remaining bandits who were around 15-16 in numbers.

Bandit leader didn't follow the usual script like in movies where he sends lackeys one by one to be just killed by hero. He was going to use full force against me.

I was still standing not moving without realizing that I was being surrounded.

Among the 5 bandits, two people circled around my back and three came from the front.

I dashed forward and killed the first one just in a single slash. I dodged two slashes from my back without even looking. It was all due to my new found perception.
I then killed second one.

I kinda started having doubt after slashing 3 bandit.

I increased my speed and also slashed other two.

I found that all 5 of them were even weaker than the 2 bandits i initially killed.

'Shouldn't it be stronger people according to usual script?'

 

When i looked up, my doubt got cleared. All five of them were just used as canon fodders.
'I was almost surrounded, luckily I finished them quickly.'
As I was preparing to dash off in the direction of incomplete circle.

 

Bandit leader cursed.

"Useless bunch couldn't even stall for half minute."

He didn't even wait and quickly ordered.

"Attack, throw all the weapons and bombs at him"

"Don't hold back anything. He is powerful otherwise today will become your funerals."

Morale and bloodthirst of bandits rose.

 

My sensors in body started to give off very dangerous signal.

I only had a moment to prepare that i saw a lot of suriken and knives hurling towards me.

I tried to block with all my new sensory capabilities but still i got stuck with two suriken, one knife at my waist and a sickle stuck at my thigh which was attached to chain on the other hand.

 

I didn't wait for second round to start, I just started running towards the gap left behind in the encirclement. I didn't care weapons stuck in body. I just ran with my full might.

 

Leader shouted again.

"You useless bunch, don't let him get away. Attack again."

 

While running in a slight zigzag motion i tried to dodge the weapons. But still two more knives stuck in my back.

Blood was coming from all the wounds but i still didn't stop.

 

Two nearest lackey tried to stop me but i removed suriken from my body and threw at them.
Then, I exited their encirclement.

 

I advanced and entered a long corridor made of thatched grasses. I just ran hid myself into it.

As I hid, I started thinking.

'Did I make a mistake? it's just previous few bandit leader were arrogant that's why my thinking got skewed.'

'Should I have chosen sneak attack? But after alarm went off, all the people were already gathered together. I would still not be able to sneak attack.'

'And most importantly, after alarm if i still chose to sneak attack at gathered bandits, I would not be able to finish every bandit off. Because if their number starts to dwindle, rest will chose to escape simultaneously. You cannot belittle the survival instinct of every people in this era.'

'So they would not escape by giving them illusion of dominant position was the right choice. It's just my situation become little too dangerous by implementing it.'

'It's just I had a scenario in my mind that they will all charge at me with their swords. Then, I will cut down every single one of them like in movies- Kenshin or Musashi. I didn't realize that they would use tactic and throw weapon at me.'

'Group fight in open space is possible in fantasy world because no matter how much the number of people, only 3-5 people would be able to attack you simultaneously. And to fight 3-5 people, you have to have very good perception and better physique than them. But, in reality it becomes impossible because only 1 or 2 strike with weapon is all you need on your back to go down.'

'For me group fight only become possible after my new found perception which I would not have tried it before even if I had way better physique than these bandits.'

 

..............

On the other hand bandit leader become anxious.

Leader cursed.

"fu*k, he escaped the circle. Chase after him. ."

" Wait.. you and you go together."

 

17