ch27 who said to become great you have to sacrifice family?
1.7k 10 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had the urge to laugh but my mature side won.

After a while, I returned to hotel.

 

As I sat in hotel waiting for my morning tea, I thought - 'am I becoming childish?'

'naa...I did that because his expression was very irritating. Isn't it the same when people do impulsive buying just because part-time workers in store are giving them disdainful glances.'

 

'Well, I got distracted. Lets visit weapon market today.' As I thought to myself.

 

In the afternoon...

As I was strolling in weapons market, I heard someone was arguing.

I looked at the scene. A kid of around 15 year old or should I say young adult because here most people get married at this age.

That young adult just blocked the path of a middle aged man. Young man has tattered cloths but very clean. His sword looks expensive.

I guess he spent all his money on his sword.

 

On the other hand, middle aged man didn't have any sword. His clothes were clean. He had a very handsome face despite his age. He looked like mild mannered scholar or teacher.

Young man had a very agitated face. His face was flushed, don't know whether it was anxiety or anger.
I think they would fight. I looked around, nobody came around to help the middle aged man.

When I looked at middle-aged man again, I found that he was surprisingly calm.

 

When I thought that young man would draw his sword, he suddenly dropped on his feet and started begging for apprenticeship.

 

I was totally dumbfounded.

'What was all that build up for?' I was admonishing him mentally 'can't you ask calmly for apprenticeship?'

 

I completely lost my interest in it. I sighed and shook my head. Then, I started looking at the weapons on the weapon stall.

From last 20days, I had seen this scene couple of times. First it was new to me but I also got habitual after seeing it 3-4 times.

Iron country because of its neutrality was a great attraction for many people. Plus, here ordinary people can gain power. They don't need to have special physique like ninjas or anything. And most importantly, mortality rates of samurai are far less if you take good jobs.

So, scene of someone begging for apprenticeship were very common if you were to get near dojos or samurai residence.

 

Most of the time, master reject apprentice because it was a life long comitment. I still couldn't figure out comprehensive criteria, they accept or reject students because everyone has different requirement.

Other than physique and skills, personality also matters. Because some masters kendo required neutral personality or defensive but some need dominant personality.

 

I am more surprised by the fact that I am seeing the first samurai master who isn't carrying sword with him.

 

That young man said "Sensei, please accept me. I have left my family, my home. I want to become great swordsman. I can persist any type of training. I am very hardworking."

 

Even though, I wasn't interested in listening to their conversation but I was too close. And because of my extraordinary mental power my senses were also enhanced.

 

Middle aged man kept his silence.

 

Young man cried again- "Why? .. I have already cleared all tests proposed by sensei's dojos. Why are you still rejecting me?"

 

This picked my interest. It means that this young man was already talented swordsman.
I also become keen on listening what will this handsome looking samurai will say.

 

Samurai master still kept his silence. Then, he started walking. As he was about to pass the young man, he stopped.

Then samurai master said "who said, by sacrificing family you could become great swordsman. Don't be selfish. Don't escape from responsibilities. A real samurai is who make people around you happy. A real samurai sacrifice himself not people around him."

"When you can't even make your family happy, you cannot become great samurai."

He paused and said while walking away from the student "Go home, your lone mother still waiting for you."

 

I was awestruck.

I just felt as if I heard something awesome.

I think I might have just found my master.

21