Prologue
28 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A land full of red sand and a harrowing atmosphere with a blood-red sun hanging in the sky, the mere thought of living here might send one into an abyss of despair.

This is hell. A realm corrupted and polluted by the essence of sin. A banished realm and the home of Demons.

High above this sorrowful realm lies a gigantic floating city of sin: Tartarus. An abyss of torment and agony for some and a place of worship for others. In the highest building of the city, some obscured shadows sat in a circle around a gigantic altar. They flickered in and out of existence every second like a shadow: trapped in between the realm of darkness and light.

"This sure brings back some memories, it's been a long time since we saw each other, my fellow sinners," someone seated closer to the altar said in a playful tone.

A shadow seated right opposite to him on the other side of the altar responded with a light chuckle.

"Is that so? I imagined that you'd be dead by now, you old fart."

After a brief silence, the person on the other side started laughing. It is hard to say if it took him some time to register the words or whether he was mulling over his words, the person seemed to find it quite amusing.

"Death is but a part of our life, my old friend. Moreover, my old bones will not stop until we claim what is rightfully ours."

His response seemed cheerful yet sorrowful at the same time.

The hall became still and silent for some time.

"Indeed, we have to fight for what is ours," the other party affirmed.

Suddenly, the altar in the center started trembling. Some incomprehensible murmurs echoed in the gigantic hall. This continued for what seemed like an eternity.

"I guess it won't be long before we take back what is ours, my fellow sinners," the old man said after a brief silence.

No one responded, including the person on the other side of the altar, but one could hear multiple audible sighs.

This was fate, an inevitable destiny that comes with their being. No one knows if they would succeed, but they knew even if they did, many would die before fulfilling their destiny.

The shadows started disappearing one after another like candles in the wind.

What do you think of the beginning?
  • Amazing Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Good Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Needs Work Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Bad Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6
2