Epiloge
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rebels managed to smuggle almost thirty per cent of the nation’s population out before it was no longer viable. They made up two-fifth of a new nation's total population.

The nation in the desert was prospering under the rule of multiple independent councils.

The most important council was the Council of Tribes. No matter how big or small the tribes had been before the founding of this nation, every single one had a voice in this council. Here the basic direction of the nation was decided. Until his death, Enstarin sat this council for the Dolan of the nation. The Dolan were considered one tribe even though they made up a considerable amount of the population.

The first major decision this Council made was not being at war with the Abyss.

When the rock heard of this it was outraged. It demanded revenge for the destroyed laboratory and the stolen research. But seeing as even Mellde was tired of the constant fighting during the last few decades, this mood did not last long.

Then there was the Council of Warriors. It was a mammoth of a council, with almost two hundred councillors. Drane, Baju and Vebjik all sat this council. The councillors mostly acted independently, as each of them had their own subordinates. This mammoth was tasked with procuring necessary resources from beyond the nation’s borders and helping in the defence of the nation.

The Council of Soldiers was tasked with protecting the three fountains which made up this new nation.

They soon found out why not even massive tribes, with millions of tribesmen, settled the fountains. The water-holes were under constant attack from all sorts of powerful creatures.

The constant attacks coupled with the sheer distance between the fountains forced the nation to give up on two of the three fountains. Since one fountain could provide enough water for every Chifu in the nation, giving up on the two excess-fountains was not a hard decision.

Then there was the Council of Water, distributing the fountain waters to the Chifu-population.

The Council of Food was tasked with finding ways to sustain the massive population of Dolan.

This council was dominated by Dolan but powerful Chifu-operators had been convinced to help out.

Bae sat this council but her silent nature made this fact easily forgettable.

What they came up with was creating specialised dimensions specialised in growing food.

The dimensions would be powered by hundreds of mindless batteries, with the occasional injection from culters who had an excess of energy.

The soil within these dimensions was desert-sand, modified by the elementals' abilities. It was watered with fountain waters.

The Council of ArmyBuilders was tasked with managing the workforce, as well as making sure that there was no shortage of specific constructs.

They created batteries and artificial farmers for the Council of Food.

They even managed to create special items, powered by iso-crystals which could create and maintain massive dimensions.

Without the agreement of the living forts however, they would never have been able to supply these dimension with enough energy. These dimensions would have been sustainable for only a few seconds.

They also oversaw the production of every non-food item, created within the nation.

The Council of Healers made sure of the civilians' wellbeing and health.

And the Council of the Divine made sure all the different gods and religions were on equal grounds. Being the only priest of Merafinger, the rock was pressured to sit this council

Four forts were happily playing family within this nation.

There were multiple attempts to free more of these powerhouses, but they all ended in failure. Some of the forts were relegated to mindless energy-collection-tools, others had been willingly working with the zealots.

 


 

Following Officer Hazvi's death, Tactician Fawou took over a crumbling tribe. After the Warriors were gone, the Councillors had nobody left to blame for all the problems in the tribe, so they went after CorpseBrigade.

The elite soldiers had none of it. They only stayed around to prevent assassination-attempts on their leader. Upon Officer Hazvi’s death, there was nothing left to hold them and they deserted the tribe.

Without Warriors, without elites, and without any wealth to speak of, a small tribe like this was bound to be eaten by a stronger tribe or be annihilated, trying to resist.

Having a genius like Fawou was their one saving grace, despite trying to resist for multiple months, they were still graciously accepted into another tribe.

It was also to their benefit that CorpseBrigade was now part of this tribe and instead of holding grudges they even put in a few good words for their families’ tribe.

Needless to say that the small tribe’s counsellors had no power in this new tribe. And after one of theirs was publicly dismembered for trying to continue their rhetoric, they intelligently held their tongues.

Seeing the decline of her tribe healed Fawou of her arrogance, and she almost seamlessly managed to integrate into the military hierarchy of her new home.

Being not too far from the new nation, the tribe obviously heard of the attempt to settle a fountain.

After only a few scrimmages against the nation, the tribe’s leadership decided to give this idea a chance and joined.

The reunion with CorpseBrigade was a joyous event for the rock. Not as joyous as its reunion with Mellde of course, but still joyous.

Fawou’s reunion with the Warriors, which once belonged to her tribe, was embarrassing at first. But then she remembered that she had never before socialised with the warriors. So they were unlikely to know about her previous mind-set.

After living with the nation for a few months this tribe decided to leave again, some of their tribesmen stayed behind, among them Fawou, CorpseBrigade and most of what was once their tribe. On the other hand, the tribe took a lot of tribesmen from other tribe’s with them. Tribesmen unwilling or unable to adapt to this new lifestyle.

For multiple centuries this tribe remained one of the most trusted allies of the desert-nation.

 


 

Over the decades Spidlon-Civilisation prospered. Led by their Creator-God, the council was relegated to the Creator’s executive assistant.

The dungeon had found a great many things within this strange structure within its soul. But having no memory related to these things it could not make any sense of any of them.

The physical world was a lot more comprehensible.

After being sealed off from the civilisation’s heart the Rogue’s Corridor was never again opened.

The dungeon knew of the powerful beings on the other side of that wall and made a habit of having the wall reinforced.

Although few of these powerful beings ever made it to the surface, the elemental forest around the entrance to this Corridor was declared a forbidden zone for any Spidlon.

The other four-fifths of the dungeon was basically free of any non-Spidlon creature, aside from newly spawned ones, which were quickly hunted down.

The Civilisation was steadily expanding out of the remaining four entrances and had managed to build a few cities above-ground.

The expansion was slowest from the entrance around which not mammals but arachnid creatures lived. The Spidlon had never encountered anything similar and had trouble adapting their tactics to this new kind of enemy.

Expansion in the direction of the fifth entrance was strictly forbidden, to minimise the risk of any Spidlon running into the forbidden zone by accident.

They had good relations with the other nation-like organisations, in their immediate vicinity.

There was the Protector’s Family: a few hundred elementals with unknown purpose or ambition. They did not build cities nor did they mind Spidlon-expansion into their territory, as long as certain rules were followed.

There was a nation of Undead in perpetual war with a nation on Unundead, always fighting for territory and resources.

Casualties among the sapient ones were rare. From the way they used powerful sentient members of their respective domain, it was hypothesised that over the centuries they must have prevented the emergence of hundreds, if not thousands, of sapient individuals.

This fact was substantial, as neither of those two nations had even close to a thousand sapient members.

 


 

Within the vast north-eastern regions a powerful, ancient elemental made its report to its superior.

The sovereign was informed that the project had concluded, and the results were rather unspectacular.

It was concluded that there were indeed structural differences between the souls of energy-beings and physical beings.

The most glaring one being that physical beings need a subconsciousness to keep their bodies functional without overburdening their minds.

Then there was the soul-castle, whose sole reason for existing seemed to be the protection of the subconsciousness and the mind from foreign interference.

It was speculated that energy-beings were more vulnerable to mind-attacks due to the lack of mind-castles.

The second big difference was that not the soul, but its memories were indicative for the being’s identity.

The soul they had managed to find almost a century ago was still contently sitting in ROT, while the being infused with its memories had gone off to search for the soul’s past acquaintances. And none of the acquaintances seemed to have any problem believing that they were what they claimed.

 

This spells the end of this story!

Hope someone enjoyed it!

If you have any feedback, please do share it!

 

For being helpful to the writing process, gratitude is directed at:

B00, Master of SkinkHearts;

Rose, Queen of NekoGirls.

0