24: Things Are Fair
1.4k 21 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey you guys! There's this story I think you should read. It's called The Halfwit Halfling: A Bard's Tale by Woofcano. You should know that there's a talking goat. Yeah. Anyway, on to the chapter!


For repeating a specific action, you have gained the skill [Sweep]. Skill info: Applies the Destabilize effect when swinging at an opponent's legs and feet. [Sweep]'s Destabilize effect is 50%. (Passive; +1% each level) Costs no SP.

For constant use of skills, [Double Strike] has increased to level 4. [Double Strike] Bleed effect increased by 2%; Bleed's effectiveness is now 26%.

For constant use of skills, [Stun Smash] has increased to level 2. [Stun Smash] Stun effect w/o stun resistance has increased by 5% and is now 35%; w/ stun resistance has increased by 5% and is now 20%; Duration w/o stun resistance increased by 1 second and is now 6 seconds; w/ stun resistance increased by 1 second and is now 3 seconds. The user can now increase the Stun effect by 6% for each SP spent.

For constant strenuous activity, you have gained +1 AGI and +1 END.


"Good spar," I told my co-{Guard}, clapping him on the back. He grunted, running his fingers through his spiky black hair.

It was the first time I'd seen him without his helmet. Without it, he looked a lot younger than I thought before and, dare I say, almost handsome. The look was ruined, though, with the sporadic lumps on his forehead, cheeks, and scalp. My sticks hit him hard.

"Next time," he muttered, "I get to turn you into a pincushion."

"If you manage to hit me. We both know your aim isn't too good."

"You never let me practice!"

"Bah, training with your dagger is important. I gave it to you because you'd have nothing else if someone gets to you before you can shoot them."

"That is so-ugh! My arrows!"

He ran toward his post and picked up his quiver lying half-submerged in the snow. Pulling out his arrows, he cursed and rubbed the stone tips on his gambeson. "Stupid snow! Gah, all this frost...it's so annoying."

I nudged him with my boot. "That's what you are, you know."

He rolled his eyes as he pulled out another arrow. "That's right. I'm Frost, the abused and mistreated {Guard}."

As soon as the words left his mouth, he gasped, his eyes glazing over. I watched him closely, wondering what had happened. After a minute of nothing, his face lit up with a grin.

"Finally! Look at this!"

His left eye twitched for a second and then I could see his status1Quick note: Frost gained 2 levels when he killed the spear invader a few chapters ago. He bought two new skills with his TP and decided to put his points into AGI, VIT, and PERception.


Name: Frost (Elden Keep Guard)

Class: Guard

Sub-class: Archer

Level: 3

HP: 60/60

MP: 5/5

TP: 1

AP: 0

STR: 8

END: 12

PER: 12 (+4)

AGI: 9(+2)

VIT: 5(+2)

INT: 5

CHA: 5

Skills: [Measure Bribe] - 1; [Basic Accuracy] - 1; [Swipe] - 2; [Stun Resistance] - 3; [Quick Feet]

Spells: -


"I guess we're equals now, huh?" he said with a cheeky grin.

I slapped the back of his head.

55