26: Guard’s Strength
1k 8 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Yo! Small change to Flake's skills: [Burst] no longer adds AGI, it doubles it. Added a cooldown to the skill as well cuz I forgot skills had those in video games...And that's about it.

I advanced on the {Archer}, [Bursting] into close stabbing range. [Thrusting] at his stomach, my spear punctured his armor. The glowing words again protected him from further damage but I pressed the attack, going for another [Double Strike] while aiming toward the same area.

The invader, meanwhile, could only stumble backward, trying to dodge my strikes. With [Burst] doubling my speed, I was faster than him, nicking his body again and again. I heard a quiet whistle and dodged just in time for a stone tip arrow to slap against the invader's shoulder.

I took a second to turn and scowl at Frost's lack of concern for hitting me with one of those arrows but he only shrugged in response. Idiot, I thought, turning back the invader.

The {Archer} was cursing, reaching for his quiver for an arrow that hadn't been there before. I charged before he could grab it, stabbing at his shoulder ineffectively.

Whatever is protecting his armor, I can't get through it, I realized. Time for a different approach.

Dropping my spear, I pulled my sticks out of my belt and held them awkwardly in my hands. Despite me whacking them against Frost's head every now and again, I wasn't quite sure the best way to grip them so I just shifted my hands toward the bottom and squeezed them tight.

The invader looked confused, his eyes staring at my dropped spear. Then he smirked and backed up, slipping an arrow from his quiver.

"Tu te rends compte que tu ne peux pas transpercer mon armure?" He nocked the arrow, his ugly grin growing wider. "C'est un simple enchantement [Protection mineure]! À quel point tu es nul en piratage, hein?"

"Weirdo," I muttered, advancing as he loosed the arrow. I dodged easily, thought the arrow cut through the sleeve of my gambeson. The invader reached back for another arrow, but I was already here, raising my sticks to smash them in his face.

Squeaking, the invader ducked under my first swing and made to retreat. My second swing, however, caught him on the side of his chin. [Stun Smash] worked as advertised and he took on a dazed expression as he fell to the ground. I hit him a few more times, killing him with one final strike to the temple.

32