27: Level 5
1.5k 13 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For killing a Player 2 levels above you, you have gained 120 EXP!

You have reached level 5. You have gained 2 TP and 4 AP.

For reaching level 5, you have gained the option of taking on a sub-class.


Sub-class Options

Spearman - You're one with the spear! Class effects: +2 STR, +2 AGI, and +1 END each level. Combine current skills into [Spear Mastery].

Loyal Dog - You're loyal to a fault! Class effects: +3 STR every level. Gain the skills [Cold Resistance] and [Call for Help].


I gaped at the windows floating before me. How come I only got a sub-class now when I reached level 5? Frost and Crystal had gotten theirs right away. Granted, Crystal only did get hers when she purchased [Fire Bolt]...

Still, this didn't make any sense; the system was so arbitrary. Maybe I was just a special case? That made sense. The nature of my...birth was surely unordinary. The system probably just didn't know what to do with me.

Although...That answer wasn't really satisfactory. Whatever happened to me had happened to Crystal and Frost, too. Or, at least, I think it did. I couldn't remember anything besides waking up with a spear in my chest.

Shuddering at that memory, I decided I'd figure it out later. For now, though, I needed to pick up a sub-class. Before I could go back to the window and look at the options, Frost came huffing up to me.

Why is everyone around me so unathletic? I thought, watching him heave.

"Flake," he panted, hands on his knees. "Th-the invader left - hoo - something behind."

He pointed out the quiver lying half-submerged in the snow.

"Huh," I said, picking it up. The dark wood it was made of was banged up pretty bad; the {Archer} must've seen a lot of battles.

Shrugging, I tossed it to Frost and went to retrieve my spear. "You keep it," I told him.

"Really?"

"What am I gonna do with a quiver, Frost?"

"Oh, right...Uh, do quivers normally have words scratched on them?"

"I wouldn't know," I said dryly. "Does yours?"

While he checked that, I went back to my sub-class options.

Both had their upsides: {Spearman} gave me more stats each level while {Loyal Dog} gave me more skills. I was sorely tempted to pick {Loyal Dog} just for the [Cold Resistance]; the blizzard was an unrelenting nightmare, especially to my hands.

However, [Spear Mastery] was far more useful in my quest to grow stronger. The better I handled my spear, the more I could protect the keep and that's what really mattered.

With no further debate, I selected the sub-class, bought [Parry], and put all my AP into DEF (since that was the only attribute not covered by {Spearman}


Skills [Thrust], [Double Strike], [Sweep] and [Block] merged to form [Incomplete Spear Mastery]. Buy or learn the skill [Parry] to form [Spear Mastery I].

The skill [Parry] has been bought. Skill [Spear Mastery I] formed.

[Spear Mastery I] - The basics of what you've learned so far about the spear. It takes intelligence and longevity to improve further. +1 INT each level, +2 VIT each level.


Name: Flake (Elden Keep Guard)

Class: Guard

Sub-class: Spearman

Level: 5

HP: 230/230

SP: 210/210

MP: 11/11

TP: 1

AP: 0

STR: 23

DEF: 8

END: 21

AGI: 18

VIT: 14

INT: 11

CHA: 8

Skills: [Measure Bribe] - 1; [Lesser Radar] - 3; [Burst] - 6; [Charge] - 2; [Toughen] - 4; [Battle Sense] - 2; [Stun Smash] - 2; [Spear Mastery I] - 1

Spells: [Item Identification] - 1


 

41