Chapter 121: Daoyi’s Core Formation Heavenly Tribulation
6.3k 8 156
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After officially taking in Su Bojing as a subordinate and receiving permission from his mother, Su Bojing became a member of Jade Peak and moved in. Although, Tianyi had an awkward conversation with him about why they were temporarily living in Jade Peak Palace instead of Tianyi's abode. Everything Tianyi wanted Su Bojing to do earlier was done at a much more efficient rate. Perhaps it was because Tianyi's requests had changed to orders. But whatever the reason, Tianyi soon found the next reports, arriving much faster than Longwei's.

The first to arrive was the investigation concerning Lei Jingye. Surprisingly, the Lei Clan was actually located within the Southern Region and reasonably close to the Great Xi Dynasty. Not that Tianyi didn't know that, there was a reason Lie Jingye met Daoyi in his previous life, after all. But this made Tianyi question how Lei Jingye could have met him in Jingyang City in the Northern Regions, and then quickly travel to the Xi Dynasty before Tianyi when he had ridden his mother's immortal boat to there.

Thinking back to Red Dragon Lotus that was previously in Lei Jingye's possession, before it reappeared in Longwei's custody. Tianyi concluded that Lei Jingye had access to some method or treasure that originated from the Dragon Emperor that allowed him to "fast travel" in game terms. It might not be teleportation, but it should be comparable or similar to the speed to the method his mother used to travel to the Fleeting Mist Sect.

Lei Jingye didn't have access to such methods in his first life, and the only legacies or inheritance that Tianyi had seen from him in this life were all related to the Dragon Emperor. So Tianyi came to such a conclusion. And by connecting the Red Dragon Lotus, Tianyi concluded that Lei Jingye and Longwei had fought before. And Lei Jingye had lost the fight and the Red Dragon Lotus in his possession. Tianyi felt that he had a headache with this conclusion.

It was highly likely that Longwei had access to the fast travel method Lei Jingye had. Tianyi felt that all of the Dragon Emperor's clones were going to grow troublesome if all of them had access to such methods. But that situation was on the more extreme side and less likely to occur, or so Tianyi wished. The best-case scenario would be that only Lei Jingye knew of the method, but Tianyi wasn't going to bet on that.

Oh, how Tianyi regretted not finishing Longwei off when he had the chance. But he understood that those thoughts were only self-comforting. Longwei revealed three Immortal Realm Artifacts in his escape, and it was highly that he had more. So the chances of Tianyi actually ridding Longwei was slim. Sure he could have revealed his claw arts and fought Longwei with them, but his mastery was still lower than Longwei and would not have such a difference. His Nine Strokes Sword Art was so effective because he specially tailored that strike towards Longwei's weakness. 

But back to the main point, the Lei Clan was originally just one of the many cultivator clans in their area. But ever since Lei Jingye regressed, the Lei Clan started showing dominance over the surrounding clans and forces. Currently, the other forces and clans were showing signs of allying together to resist the rapidly growing Lei Clan. And when the Lei Clan was undergoing a calamity and face eradication, who else should appear but the protagonist, Lei Jingye? Well, that would be the scenario if this whole thing was a novel about Lei Jingye. But Tianyi was planning on this specific scenario. The Lei Clan should have a method to contact Lei Jingye in case of emergencies, and when he did appear...

Although Su Bojing couldn't find any traces of Lei Jingye after Tianyi returned from the ruin of the Immortal Court, Tianyi wasn't worried. What protagonist didn't have one or two methods to stay under the radar or a disguise?

The other matter was more concerning, though. 

Jiang Chunye had a more traceable record, especially considering her choice of acquaintances. Tianyi recalled that Yi Dongli, due to his association with Daoyi's sister, and how he hid his actual cultivation realm. But what really made him stood out was that the Yi Clan was actually a faction within the Jade Cauldron Sect, a second-tier sect of the Central Region.

The Jade Cauldron Sect was said to be descended from a divinity that existed from the era of the Immortal Court. So although they weren't as powerful as the Buzhou Immortal Sect who had ties to the Immortal Court, they could be considered a force with an old lineage only slightly younger than the Buzhou Immortal Sect. Because of this, although the Jade Cauldron Sect wasn't affiliated with any first-tier sect, none of the first-tier sects dare to be too overbearing to them since they had a close relationship with the Buzhou Immortal Sect. 

The Jade Cauldron Sect had the ambition to ascend to a first-tier sect, but the other first-tier sect wouldn't allow such a thing to happen because it either meant that the resources would have to be split even more or one of them would lose their position as a first-tier sect. So the other first-tier sects would still suppress the Jade Cauldron Sect, something that the Buzhou Immortal Sect turned a blind eye towards.

The ongoing conflict on the outer regions of the Heavenly Continent had the shadow of the Jade Cauldron Sect behind them, mostly the Yi Clan. Not only that, but the Yi Clan also had contact with members of the Anti-Heaven Alliance. 

Tianyi didn't believe that all the members of the Jade Cauldron Sect were unknowing of this matter. It was more likely that executive members of the sect were giving their implicit consent. The only reason Tianyi could fathom was that the Jade Cauldron Sect wanted to become a first-tier sect. If they had to offend the Buzhou Immortal Sect and become a member of the Anti-Heaven Alliance, so what?

A frown surfaced on Tianyi's face. If the Anti-Heaven Alliance was acting through the Jade Cauldron Sect, then it was likely that conflict would only escalate even more in the future, possibly to the point that it reached the levels of the current Earth Continent. Furthermore, Jiang Chunye was in the Western Regions, the territory of the Anti-Heaven Alliance. 

Tianyi had numerous people who wanted him dead. Chief of which was Immortal Redseal and Tianyi suspected even more within the sect also had this intention. And the now Soul Emperor Soulfish had tried to kill him before. So Tianyi didn't dare to enter the Western Region. Hell, he didn't dare to leave the sect without an Immortal Elder accompanying him. So Tianyi could only shelve his intention on locating Jiang Chunye for the moment and wait for the future opportunity. Right now, he was waiting for Daoyi to ascend to the Core Formation Realm before leaving for the Southern Region. Since he was going to go by the Lei Clan, he might as well visit the Great Xi Dynasty. So, why not take Daoyi as well?

He still remembered that Daoyi wanted to travel the world and her sense of excitement when visiting the town outside the Buzhou Immortal Sect. And it would give him a perfect excuse to have his mother accompany him. His greatest backing was his mother, and it just so happened that his mother had also healed her arm now. Although he felt guilty, it was not like his mother had any official duties and it can be seen as a sort of family vacation.

After ordering Su Bojing to prepare for the trip to the Great Xi Dynasty and visiting the Lei Clan, Tianyi continued to cultivate while waiting for Daoyi's Heavenly Tribulation. Tianyi was discussing with Xi Ri about the Xiyi Talisman when Su Bojing ran over.

"Young Master, your junior sister is going to undergo her Core Formation Heavenly Tribulation soon." 

Tianyi immediately stood and moved to rush towards the predetermined location where Daoyi would undergo her tribulation. He paused when he recalled that Xi Ri was still there and a Foundation Establishment Disciple. Grabbing Xi Ri, Tianyi quickly soared towards Daoyi. When he arrived, his mother and a few elders were already there. There weren't as many as when he was undergoing his Heavenly Tribulation, but Tianyi still recognized a few of them, such as Unity Realm Elder Jiao. 

He greeted Elder Shan, who was bursting with energy. Mengfei had once mentioned that Elder Shan benefitted the most from the Sovereign Nine Yin Lotus's residual effects. He was just a step away from summoning his Unity Heavenly Tribulation.

Elder Shan wouldn't suddenly call his Unity Heavenly Tribulation and undergo it with Daoyi, right? On second thought, I better stop the thought right there. I don't want to jinx myself.

When the tribulation clouds started to gather above Daoyi's head, Tianyi's body tensed from habit, ready to receive any bolts of tribulation lightning. Tianyi looked at his feet before looking at Daoyi, measuring the distance between the two. He distanced himself so that he was out of the Core Formation Heavenly Tribulation's range by several times just to be safe. The Elders, Su Bojing, and Xi Ri all gave him a skeptical glance before returning their attention to Daoyi. But the memory of the second tribulation giant still resounded in Tianyi's memories. He didn't know whether his clone's Heavenly Tribulation mutated because Fenghua was his clone or his close distance, but Tianyi didn't dare to take the chance with Daoyi's Core Formation Heavenly Tribulation.

A solemn silence descended as the tribulation clouds began to thicken and swirl with a menacing aura. Tianyi frowned when he saw the strange happenings. Having experienced his own share of Heavenly Tribulation, both his and his clone's, Tianyi could discern that there was something abnormal concerning Daoyi's Heavenly Tribulation. He looked towards his mother to see her calm and collected. If his mother wasn't fretting, Tianyi decided to continue watching. If worse comes to worst, his mother could always disperse the Heavenly Tribulation with her powers, although the repercussions would be unknown for Daoyi. But at the very least, her life would be safe.

The first strike of tribulation lightning descended. The color was on the lighter side, closer to azure than gold. The color became increasingly eerier and disjointed with each lightning strike, a collage of numerous umbral colors in each strike. The final boat of lightning almost appeared like the Styx river, Tianyi swore he could hear the haunting calls of the dead.

Daoyi successfully transcended her Core Formation Heavenly Tribulation. Although she appeared pale and haggard, at least she didn't suddenly vomit blood like Tianyi had done after his Core Formation Heavenly Tribulation. Soon the onlookers came to offer their congratulations to Daoyi and Mengfei.

"Congratulation, Senior Sister." Xi Ri said.

"Congratulations to Master Jiang for reaching the Core Formation Realm." Tianyi teased.

"Many thanks, Grandmaster Xi, Disciple Xi," Daoyi returned without a hint of fluster, but fatigue was evident was in her voice. 

Not long after, Daoyi returned to Jade Peak Palace with Mengfei and Tianyi. She needed to recuperate and stabilize her cultivation. The watching Elders returned to their own housing, and Xi Ri descended the mountain. After Daoyi stabilized her cultivation in a few days, Tianyi brought up the topic of traveling to the Great Xi Dynasty and then the Lei Clan. 

"I do not mind. Or rather, since I have reached the Core Formation Realm, I think it's time I claim my mother's belongings." Daoyi said. 

"Your mother's belongings? Did you not bring them with you when you left?" Tianyi asked.

"My mother's was from a fallen clan whose origin was from a lower realm." The Xu Clan wasn't that strong in recent times. Once upon a time, they had many Nascent Soul Grandmasters, or so Daoyi heard. But they only had a dying Core Formation Master at the helm before their destruction. After my mother's clan was destroyed by their enemies that lusted after our treasures and manuals, she was found by my father. My father would have found all sorts of excuses to keep me from taking it. Besides," A dangerous gleam entered Daoyi's eyes. "I wanted to take my mother's belongings back with my own power."

Tianyi stayed silent at Daoyi's words. Using your own power to achieve your goals, it wasn't like he didn't understand the feeling. 

"If you need aid, Master is always here," Mengfei said as a show of support.

"Thank you, Master," Daoyi said with a heartfelt smile.

Also, don't forget to vote for This Young Master is not Cannon Fodder on topwebfiction.com.

https://topwebfiction.com/listings/this-young-master-is-not-cannon-fodder/

Yes, I have become a shameless begger asking for support. XP

156