Chapter 305: Ongoing War
1.7k 15 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Jade Peak, Ba Shifang, in the guise of Tianyi, instructed Ming Xingyun on her practice. It had been nearly a hundred years since Tianyi had found himself in another timeline, and the war with the Tripartite Alliance and Anti-Heaven Alliance had started to heat up.

Now, the mortal cultivators no longer took the field and returned to their sects. The battlefield turned into the stage for the immortals of each sect. Even with two alliances against it, the Buzhou Immortal Sect possessed more immortals than both alliances combined.

Ba Shifang had also appeared on the battlefield several times and defeated many immortals of the Anti-Heaven and Tripartite Alliance, forming a solid reputation for himself, or rather, Tianyi. During his off time, aside from cultivating, he took care of Ming Xingyun.

Jinshu didn't need his help. Even before Tianyi took him as an apprentice, he had always been self-reliant. The things Tianyi prepared for him would last him until he reached the Pathfinding Immortal Realm. Currently, Jinshu had already reached the World Merging Realm and was quietly cultivating on Nine Heavens Peak.

"You've learned how to conceal the power behind your axe strikes, but you're still putting too much power into it. You have to learn how to use the right amount of power and not overdo it. Not only will you tire yourself out, but you'll overextend and give your opponent an opportunity to capitalize on," Ba Shifang said as he walked toward Ming Xingyun.

Despite being over a hundred years old, Ming Xingyun still appeared to be a child between twelve and thirteen. Ba Shifang had upgraded her axe until the blade itself was larger than her whole body, giving a dissociative appearance.

Ba Shifang reached out to rub Ming Xingyun's head, but she dodged while pursing her lips. "Why are you so eager for power? Blindly pursuing power will only harm yourself."

Ming Xingyun averted her gaze. "I just want the war to end quickly. If I had more power, wouldn't I be able to end it and prevent more people from dying? Didn't Master also lose your clone?"

Ba Shifang smiled and reached out again. Before Ming Xingyun could dodge, he reached her head and furiously rubbed. "That's cute, you're sad about Ba Shifang. Little kids shouldn't think about such complicated things, leave that to adults.”

"You're going to mess up my hair!" Ming Xingyun said as she shoved Ba Shifang's hand off. "And I'm almost already over a hundred years old, and you're only fifty years older."

He took back his hand and sighed. "This is war, there's going to be many deaths. If you let your emotions rule you, then you'll only die faster without the chance to avenge them."

"As for your appearance. There's nothing I can do about this. It's just how your cultivation method is," Ba Shifang said.

"But didn't you create it?"

'My main body did.' However, there was no way he could tell her that. "I modified it using the Xingtian War Manual as the inspiration. Most of the method is still based on it."

"I'm going to see Big Sister," Ming Xingyun pursed her lips and walked away. She stopped and turned towards Ba Shifang. "Oh, and I'm not sad about Ba Shifang's death. I just felt that he didn't live up to master's reputation!"

Ba Shifang's lips twitched. 'Brat.'

Ming Xingyun's sister, Ming Yayun, didn't have a sufficient spiritual root or physique like Ming Xingyun's Condensed Mountain Physique for cultivation. She only reached the Foundation Establishment Realm thanks to pills and the Foundation Establishment Pill.

After reaching her current Realm, Ming Yayun had already exhausted all her potential. Unlike Ming Xingyun's kid-like appearance, Ming Yayun already had graying hair. Although her skin still had no wrinkles thanks to a beauty pill, she only had at most fifty years to live.

Ba Shifang considered asking for a Longevity Peach from Mengfei but thought against it for now. Although he was Tianyi's clone, Mengfei had grown increasingly cold after Tianyi disappeared.

He sighed and descended Jade Peak. His destination? Flower Peak.

Ba Shifang didn't enter since it was forbidden for men to ascend. He waited, and a familiar figure dressed in white robes with blue trim appeared.

"You left before I had the chance to congratulate you, but congratulation on entering the Pathfinding Immortal Realm, Junior Sister Hu," Ba Shifang said.

Hu Landie only nodded. "It's my duty. As someone who only became a disciple after I reached the Unity Realm, I have to prove my usefulness."

"We've known each other for so long, yet you're still so taciturn," Ba Shifang said with a forced smile. "Right, is there any discomfort? When you entered the sect, you exchanged for the incomplete Spring Autumn Scripture and switched cultivation methods. Are you sure there isn't anything wrong?"

Hu Landie nodded. "I'm fine. My previous cultivation method had temporal aspects, so my foundation is deeper now instead of having any problems."

"If that's the case, good," Ba Shifang said. "Since you cultivate the Spring Autumn Scripture, you must have started comprehending concepts related to time and space, want to discuss it?"

Hu Landie didn't reject Ba Shifang's invitation. The two returned to Ba Shifang's palace on Jade Peak and began to share their insights into the Law of Time and Space. Despite Ba Shifang being Tianyi's clone, he didn't inherit Tianyi's masteries. Tianyi could learn whatever he learned, but he couldn't learn what Tianyi learned.

Which was totally unfair, in his opinion.

As such, the two actually had similar masteries in the Laws of Space and Time. Ba Shifang had more proficiencies in the Law of Space, while Hu Landie was more skilled in the Law of Time.


"Emperor-Father," Xi Ri bowed as he entered the emperor's room in a guest palace on Rites Peak.

Mengfei's brother, the emperor of the now-destroyed Xi Dynasty, turned towards Xi Ri. He was wearing white sleeping robes and leaning against his bedframe to support himself. His hair had gone all white, and no matter what pills Mengfei gave him, she could not reverse it. It was not a problem of the body but the heart.

"How is the war?" the former Xi Emperor asked.

"It's still ongoing, but the Buzhou Immortal Sect is holding the upper hand," Xi Ri answered with concern evident in his eyes.

The former emperor saw the concern in his son's eyes. "I'm fine, this is just a backlash of the Dragon Qi leaving my body."

"We can reestablish the Xi Dynasty once the Buzhou Immortal Sect wins," Xi Ri said.

The former emperor shook his head. "It's no use. Even if the Xi Dynasty is established again, the Dragon Qi can only maintain my state. Rather than force myself to survive, it would be better to pass the throne off to a successor."

He sighed and again allowed his body to fall limp on the bed. "I originally wanted to pass the throne onto Xi Yao, but..."

The Xi Emperor stopped as he entered a coughing fit, prompting Xi Ri to feed him a healing pill. 

"I'm fine," the Xi Emperor said as he rejected Xi Ri. "My son, I had always thought you would be the perfect successor, but I've always felt that I owed Xi Yao. He committed no great wrongs and could sit stably on the throne as long as Mengfei supported him. It's one of the reasons why I wanted to send you to the Buzhou Immortal Sect."

"I had hoped you two would have a similar relationship between Mengfei and me, only closer since you are true blood-related brothers, but alas," the Xi Emperor started to cough again but forced it down. "Now, I want to pass the throne onto you, you won't blame me, right?"

Xi Ri shook his head as he held his father's hand in both hands. "Xi Yao is a white-eyed wolf who couldn't see father's good intentions."

The Xi Emperor made a bitter smile. "Does that mean you could tell that I didn't want you to be the next emperor even back then?"

Xi Ri said nothing, but it answered his question. He released a bitter laugh. "If I had only hardened my heart more and chosen you instead of reminiscing about familial relationships like a true emperor."

"Father, even an emperor is made of blood and flesh," Xi Ri said as he tightened his grip. "It's how you saved me."

"That's good," the Xi Emperor said. He tightened his grip, showing unnatural strength despite his frail body. "You'd make a good emperor. I just hope, I just hope that you can be more lenient to your siblings if they didn't commit any great wrongs."

Xi Ri stayed silent for a moment, but he nodded his head, causing the Xi Emperor to smile. "That's good. When the war ends, I'll leave the Xi Dynasty in your hands."

After saying those words, the Xi Emperor's breath slowly slowed down, showing that he had fallen asleep. After covering him with a blanket, Xi Ri quietly closed to door. When he left, the Xi Emperor opened his eyes, showing guilt. He sighed and closed them once again.

Xi Ri returned to his room in Jade Peak. He had stayed here even after his inner devil infection had been cared for along with his father's consorts and siblings.

Inside his room, he sat in a lotus position and began cultivating. After nearly a hundred years, he had restored his cultivation and even made progress, but he only reached the Transcendent Mortality Realm.

However, he couldn't take the last step. He had a feeling that if he started it, his Inner Devil Tribulation would either kill him or make him fail. Since he had been stuck at this step for nearly fifty years, he had started cultivating the martial path as well and reached the World Merging Realm.

Since he couldn't overcome the Immortal Ascension Heavenly Tribulation's Inner Devil Tribulation, he needed to find a method to curb it. Faith energy, like Dragon Qi, had an innate suppression effect on devils, so he wanted to become the next Xi Emperor to become a true immortal and fulfill his dream, now more than ever.


"Stop, White Demoness!"

Over ten true immortals surrounded a single woman high in the air. The woman wore a dress of pure white. Her features were beautiful but more on the plain side, giving people an impression of purity.

Bai Weiwei gave them all a side glance. A coin sword appeared in her hand as her figure disappeared. When she reappeared, she was already next to one of the true immortals. A slash later, she grabbed his severed hand and pulled off the ring.

"System, how many points will this give me?" Bai Weiwei asked, but no one replied. However, she still nodded her head as if receiving a reply. She turned her eyes towards her pursuers.

"You greedy bitch!" The immortal with the decapitated hand roared. A moment later, his face turned ugly as he felt his connection with his spatial ring disappear.

"Bai Weiwei, not only did you not learn to improve yourself, you actually sunk so low as to fall onto the devilish path," one immortal said. "We should have executed you instead of exiling you! I will fix that mistake now."

"Shut up," Bai Weiwei said as a flash of anger appeared on her face. "You're just a dog that wags on command at the Buzhou Immortal Sect! None of you have the courage to defy them. Even if they commit a crime, you'll just cover it up!"

"The world isn't black and white. Even if the Buzhou Immortal Sect killed Ji Wutong, what can we do? You saw how powerful they are. Even against the two alliances, they still hold the upper hand," shouted another immortal. "If you want to uphold justice so much, why don't you fight them instead of indiscriminately robbing everyone? In your heart, you know the truth! Deep down, you're even worse than us!"

He never had another chance to finish as Bai Weiwei appeared in front of him and decapitated him. "Shut up! You know nothing!"

The leader's face turned ugly. He took out a disk in his hand. "You left me no choice. Taste my Phoenix Divination!"

A fiery bird flew out of the disk and towards Bai Weiwei. Instead of being fearful, her eyes lit up. She had fought many immortals, but few had an immortal rank artifact. For the majority, immortal rank artifacts were just too rare.

Using her free hand, Bai Weiwei flicked a bronze coin at the fiery bird charging at her. The bronze coin shattered the avian-shaped fire and struck the Phoenix Divination Disk in the immortal's hand. His face paled as the disk flew out of his hand and into Bai Weiwei's.

"What'd you do?!" 

Bai Weiwei didn't deign to answer as she decapitated him too. The rest of the immortals weren't her opponents either, as she killed them and took their spatial rings. With that done, a screen that only she could see appeared in front of her.

Name: Bai Weiwei

Law/Concept: Law of Probability (80%), Law of Purification (83%), Concept of Cleansing, Concept White, Concept of Money, Concept of Wealth

Cultivation: Spiritual Pathfinding Immortal Realm

Cultivation Method: Oneheart Purification Sutra

Physique: None

Spiritual Vein: Flawless Water Spiritual Root, Fractured Fire Spiritual Root, Fractured Metal Spiritual Root

Soul: White Lotus Soul Physique

Comprehension: Low

Inheritance: Immortal Monarch Purelotus, Fivelotus Lord's Inheritance, Caishen's Inheritance

Inventory: 

Wealth: 50,465,167 SP

Latest Chapter Available: 338


Discord: Discord: https://discord.gg/WCTeWEH

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/KaiserBlak


If you have the time, I would appreciate if you can vote for my story on topwebfiction.


Volume 1 is now available on Amazon

Volume 2 is now available on Amazon

Volume 3 is now available on Amazon

77