Chapter 9 going to the city
479 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a few day after I tell Asha to practice feeling her mana. Now she could do it better, not optimum but we can start the next stage. And in order to do that I ask Azura about going to the city to search a good wand for her practice. Well I want to see the city too because I didn't get to see the city when I get here because it night and this mansion is 15 minutes from the city by carriage in a hill near the city. 

Today I decide to use a black sleeveless leather jacket with a high collar. Black socks and black boots with brown lining. And fingerless dark brown gloves. I tie my hair in a half up, in other word my prince persona. Well at least I think it that way. 

For those who wonder what I've been doing this past few days. Except for helping Asha to feel her mana every day, I've been learning and analyzing what I've collected in the forest. After all I don't want to be unprepared if something happen. 

I've asked Azura too about the affinity and it's link with your eye and hair color. And sure enough it is linked. The color of your hair show you your mana affinity, but that doesn't mean your magic affinity is the same it seems. Some have a magic affinity of fire while their mana is earth mana, making them able to use different types of magic such as lava magic, but this became a bit of a problem when your mana and magic affinity hinder each other, for example fire and water. Not that it's impossible but it will be harder. And by that I mean you lost many times the amount of mana. After all people here doesn't really need to train their mana control. 

"Arrys, I'm ready! " (Asha) 

Asha bring me back to reality with her voice. She is wearing the blue jacket that I give her with the hood on so the bunny ears is clearly visible. Bellow it she wear a light blue dress. I've been waiting in the carriage first because she overslept, and now finally we can go. With the escort of a few guard and both Raymond and Sara the carriage move toward the city. 

__

The city is crowded by merchant and people, coming and going with their goods. From house stuff to alchemy materials, this city is one of few who have the most complete market. Thanks to the academy, well this was a town built right in front of it because of the demand from academy, until it becomes this big. 

We ride beside the academy. It's almost it's own town, or castle probably with its wall. Well, I can only see from behind the wall with it's beautiful white color decorated by yellow and red carving of flowers. Then the gate became visible, a metal gate with flower patterns so you can see inside clearly. But I can see the thick wooden gate above, probably for emergency when there's attack. Inside, there is many buildings of various sizes. 

The carriage turn taking the road opposite direction to the gate. We arrived at a big store with many stuff that from the look of it, is ranged from alchemy to mage equipment. Entering the store, we are greeted by the store owner. 

"Welcome to Patel of Nalshan, I am Ekata the store owner" (Ekata) 

"It is a pleasure to have you here, so what can I help you today? " (Ekata) 

The store owner is a middle aged man with short brown hair and moustache, and brown eyes. He greet us with polite manner and business smile. 

"We are searching for a wand for a beginner mage" (Arrys) 

"I see, we have many kind here, and we accept custom made orders too, which do you want? " (Ekata) 

"We'll see what you got first, I don't think we need something special for practice use" (Arrys) 

"I see, then please follow me" (Ekata) 

He lead us to a section of the store housing many wands. Wood, metal, and crystal wands of many color and form is neatly arranged with pedestals along the Wall. 

"This is our collection, we have many kinds here, from the normal wooden wands, to exotic kind, feel free to look around" (Ekata) 

There is tens of type here, but I'm not familiar with the material. I can guess with the crystal wands, which probably help with certain affinity looking by the various color. I decide to ask for recommendations to make it easy. 

"Do you have any recommendation for us? " (Arrys) 

"If you want something for beginners but with good quality, I recommend this one, it is made from Angel Falls tree branch that grow in dark forest, it have good mana conductivity and is durable, so it is good for not only beginners but many full fledged mage still use it too, thought it is quite expensive compared to more common wood" (Ekata) 

I wonder why a tree named angel would grow in a dark forest, well maybe that's  why they're called Angel Falls tree instead of just Angel tree. 

"We'll take one then" (Arrys) 

The wand is one small gold, quiet expensive if compared to more common woods which ranges from five small silver to one big silver coin. Speaking of coins I decided to ask Azura about the money, and trade some of my game gold for this kingdoms coin. And on that note there are six type of coins, gold, silver, and copper, each with a big and small coins. A big gold coins equal to ten small gold coins, a small gold coins equal to ten big silver and so on. While the game one only had three without the big and small kind, and it's a thousand to one conversion. 

"Thank you for the purchase, we look forward to your next visit" (Ekata) 

__

After that we have some lunch in the city. Asha is having fun trying around the sweet in the store with a dazzling smile. I am glad that I have this second chance, because I didn't have many times I could have fun like this in my home world. Not like I don't have the chance, but because trusting people is hard for me there. Even in that world I was fast in understanding my surrounding early in my life. Thanks to that I noticed the ugly side of human since young, and I grow up seeing that in every place around me, with that I slowly lost my trust in human. But now I can try again, at least to find those pure soul that I can trust, and here I found one, just in front of my eyes. 

"You sure are having fun" (Arrys) 

I can't help but smile genuinely at her, and I can't deny that I became fond of her innocence in this short time. 

"Yeah, because I can pick witch ever I want, and there is many that I never see" (Asha) 

She take many sweet of all kind, and I wonder if it's okay to let her, her maid seems a bit concerned too looking at the amount of sweet on our table. 

*urp*

"I need to go to the washroom" (Asha) 

Not long after trying each sweet she like she got sick. Sara is shaking her head in defeat, thought if she is concerned I don't know why she let her eat so many sweet at once. Well maybe because it's a rare occasions so she gave her some lenient just for today. 

The maid clean our table from the mess Asha made before going after her. 

Well I don't know what to say about that, but it's fun just to let lose once in a While, thought I've been letting lose since I got here, I mean nobody knows me here so I can act as I like, not like some barbarians but still free from the judging eyes of family or others who knows me. 

enjoy

16