Chapter 10 lost
428 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

again, I'm not too sure about this chapter. But well, I can't get better if I don't try. So, here goes nothing

"Hmm? Isn't Asha taking too long? " (Arrys) 

It's been more than 20 minutes and she haven't get back yet. 

"Why don't you check on her, maybe we should get back if she's not feeling well" (Arrys) 

I said to Raymond and the soldiers in the other table. Raymond nodded and send one of the soldier to check. 

__

"It's terrible! The young lady and her maid is gone! " (Soldier) 

Suddenly the soldier run back hurriedly and speak to us in panic. 

"What!? How...!? " (Arrys) 

"I don't know, when I check, there is no one there" (Soldier) 

"Then what about the store staff, or her guard? " (Arrys) 

"There is no store staff there, and... We though it's not necessary as long as she is inside the store and her maid is with her so nobody follow her" (Soldier) 

I can't believe it. They are here to guard her when we go to city because she is the daughter of the duke. What even the meaning of them here. 

"Are you kidding me!? You're hired to protect her and you just sit there having fun!? What the point of you being here then! " (Arrys) 

"Go get the store owner! And the rest of you search the surrounding! " (Arrys) 

The soldier dispersed searching around for Asha while Raymond go to get the store owner. I'm not their Lord but they can't talk back to me as it is their mistakes. 

__

[Cain PoV]

In a dimly lit room sat a young man with a short blonde hair. Anger could be seen on his face. He has been very unlucky these days. Having put under Hayden and get scolded everyday. Then have to guard his aunt in a boring tea party. Then getting back to find a kid in the middle of nowhere and getting humiliated by said kid. Then when he tried to take his revenge he got beaten again with her weird magic. 

Now he got another problem. This morning, seeing the kid in her unusual bunny jacket going out to city he thought he got his chance to take revenge without the house knowing. He hired some thugs that usually deal with kidnapping people to be sold as slave to catch the kid. But what come to him is not the cursed kid but instead his cousin and her maid. 

"How did it come to this!? " (Cain) 

He smashed his hand on the table he wanted to burry his face in his palm if not for the pain that still linger in his cheek. 

"We just did what you told. You're the one who said that it was a no one. But what is this now? we get her, thought with a bit of a problem because the maid" (Thug1) 

"A bit of a problem you said!? Didn't you know who she is!? She is the dukes daughter! If he found out who did this we all will lose our head! " (Cain) 

Hearing that the thugs just noticed their mistakes. But he refuse to go down without fighting back.

"He hey! Are you kidding me!? You're the one who told us to kidnap her. I don't know what kind of grudge you have with her but don't think you can get back after all this. You're the one who invite all this, don't think you can just throw it all on us. If the Duke find out who did it you're the one who's in trouble" (Thug2) 

"Are you threatening me? " (Cain) 

Cain reach for his sword, threatening to attack the thugs. 

"What? Are you going to kill us? Try that and a letter about our transaction will go to the Duke, after all I don't want you to run with the money after putting us all in this" (Thug2) 

Ignoring this place is their base Cain can't let the Duke knows about this. Even if he manage to get away from execution he will lost all his status and life as a noble. If only his cousin didn't decide to wear the brats jacket this all wouldn't happen. 

Now the only thing he can do is is think of a way to get rid of her without being found out. The problem is, now the street would probably be full of soldiers searching for her. And the longer he stay idle the closer he is to his doom. 

__

[Arrys PoV]

It's been two hours since Asha disappear. The soldiers have called backup from the city guard and search the town thoroughly. But we haven't get any clue of where she is. Unfortunately the store staff wasn't there when she was kidnapped. They're helping the chef prepare our food thanks to Asha ordering so many things. 

"To think that her ordering so many food ended up like this" (Arrys) 

I can only sigh in resignation. Nobody would think it would be a big problem like this. But more importantly, how to find her. Not like we have cctv here. If only we have that or GPS here to help search for her. 

"This is a magic world, isn't there some kind of magic radar like those in anime or novel" (Arrys) 

Even if I want to trying don't know what to search for. Searching for a certain child in this large town would be almost impossible. If only she was from another race it would be easier. 

Can I use the butterflies to search for her? How can I use it to search her? Child, no I need something more specific, her affinity? I can't tell if it's really her just from that. Child, affinity, and a noble... Wait noble blood, the fae blood! I haven't seen any other race in this town besides human, and according to history of this land, those who is part of the fae descendants are most probably noble. But can I do it? 

"I guess there is only one way to find out" (Arrys) 

"Raymond, let's get outside for a bit" (Arrys) 

Raymond looked at me a bit suspiciously. Well I rather be suspicious that incompetent. I get out of the store, take out my mini cannon from my inventory and shot myself up  with magic thruster. I land on the roof top of the store and close my eyes, focusing all my mind in making the butterflies into a searching drone. I make as much as I can without loosing focus. 

My body shone with green light before tens and hundreds of green butterflies fly all around the town. From the stores, house, alleys, sewer. They search all around. 

I find some people with similar affinity to her, many childrens, some other race that is in this town but still can't find her. 

It's been more than two hours since her disappearance. If the kidnapper is trying to bring her out of town they would have been able to get out of the city, so I decide to send some of my butterflies toward the gates and beyond to search for suspicious carriage that probably kidnapped her. After long and hard searching I found someone. 

Someone with similar magic signature as other race in the town. I focuses there and found out it was a tall figure of a man. I frown at him, I have a bad feeling about it but decide to focus on searching for Asha right now. 

And finally one of my butterflies found it, someone with similar affinity and magic signature. The butterfly is outside the city and already pretty far from the city toward the South. If the kidnapper really went out of the city as fast as they can then it was probably her. Not wasting any time I get down from the roof top. I told Raymond to bring some soldiers out the South gate to catch up with the probable kidnapper. Then taking out my best cannon I use the thruster to fly as fast as I can towards my butterflies. 

"I'll definitely save you, and who ever did this will pay for it" (Arrys) 

16