Chapter 12 culprit
394 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"By the gods, there's people here!" (Aagam) 

After opening the crates one by one we finally found the one I was searching. Asha and Sara has been put inside one of the crates, unconscious and sweating. I'm glad I decided to take it fast instead of waiting for the guards. If I was to wait for them then these two would be in critical condition because the lack of oxygen. I create a couple of butterflies to gradually heal the two. 

"Do you know who's responsible for this caravan? " (Arrys) 

"It should be Jai, he's the merchant that's leading this caravan" (Aagam) 

"Can I take a look at them, I can help if they are injured" (Alisha) 

The healer asked me, I don't know if she thinks my healing is not as good as her or she is genuinely concerned. But we'll, won't hurt to have her look at them. 

"Go ahead, Aagam, show me to this 'Jai', I need to find out who did this" (Arrys) 

Alisha nodded and went to look after the two unconscious girl. While me and both Aagam and Gyan who decides to follow us went after the merchant. 

__

"This is him, the merchant Jai" (Aagam) 

The merchant  is a chubby man with gaudy appearance. With so many gold accessories he wear one can easily tell he is a greedy man. 

While all the people have stopped coughing like before, the are still on the ground exhausted and still having difficulty breathing. I put the end point of his cannon toward the merchant, the cannon that made of bluish crystal that take a shape similar to a lance but with one more handle on the side stabbed slightly on the  merchants chest, making him groan in pain. 

I cast healing bullet at him, causing the man to stagger back before the healing take effects. This bullet is used to heal an ally from far, but it stagger and stun your ally in close range thanks to its power. 

"Gah! Hah!" (Jai) 

He choked as the he feels pain from his chest as the healing take effects. 

"Who is your client? " (Arrys) 

He won't do this with the risk of going against a Duke House, except someone of similar status is helping him. And the person I found in the city that is probably a noble is suspicious. 

"Do you know who I am brat? You won't get out of this easily after attacking me and pretending to be the messenger from the Duke! "

He probably think that  he can intimidate me with that. But unfortunately for him the one he hide is the dukes daughter. 

"I wonder who the dukes will side with when he knows that you kidnapped his daughter"

He just glare at me knowing well that what ever he said won't be much of help with the evidence there. He tried to look at Aagam for help to no avail, after all who would want to risks siding with a criminal, one who is certainly going to be  put to prison no less. 

"Trying to be loyal to your client? You know that if you keep your mouth shut you would probably be dead in execution right? Then don't you think that helping the Duke with information will help with your punishment at the very least? "

He gritted his teeth in frustration. He is the one that won't get out of this, at all. At worst he is dead which is highly possible, and at the very least decades of imprisonment, probably worst if he decide to hold on without giving information. 

"It's the young master Cain"

He gritted his teeth as he say that. And I feel my anger turn into a cold killing intent. But I know I can't touch him carelessly, I'll need to talk to Vilas about this. I'm not someone who like to torture unnecessarily, if someone deserve to die then it's better to kill him swiftly instead of torturing them and risk them getting away and come back for revenge. Well not like I ever kill someone thought, but I did end several people's social live. All in one pack. And this one time too I'll do the same just this time probably will result in Cain losing his life. 

"What is his intend on kidnapping her?" (Arrys) 

"The adventurers that brings them to me said he have a grudge against her. I was told to bring her out of the territory before either selling her as slave or dispose of her. In exchange for his support when he became the Duke" (Jai) 

He is giving the information easily, that good for him. 

"Is the adventurer here in this caravan group? " (Arrys) 

"Yes he is, he is one of the guard that rushes to the front when you arrive" (Jai) 

I told him to show me the guy and it turn out it was the guy who attacked me first. With this I have two people to link Cain to his crimes. 

"With this you're gonna help me with my punishment right? " (Jai) 

Jai asked me in fear that I would stay silent about his cooperation. 

"Rest easy I am a man of my word, I won't take back what I said except if you lied to me" (Arrys) 

I answer him while hinting that if this is a farce he will lose my help. Thought I doubt that. People like him is easy to manipulate. They move according to their greed. I may just make him a bait incase something like this is going to happen again. 

___

After sometimes of waiting a group of guard along with Raymond finally arrived. We proceed to escort the caravan back to the city and put the two in custody until the time to take Cain to his trial. 

The adventurers are complaining about their lost of money in this but they can't do anything about it. I give Aagams group a couple of big silver coin for their help and they go their own way before I go back to the mansion with the still unconscious Asha and Sara. 

After we arrived at the mansion I told the guard to report to Hayden of what happened and keep a watch on Cain. And of told Raymond to report to Vilas about it  and ask for a meeting with him. Some maid take Asha and her maid to their respective room and I too follow back to my own room to freshen up before I go to meet Vilas to talk about this. 

___

After a while Raymond came to my room to tell me that Vilas is waiting for me. I readied my self still wearing the same outfit I use to go to town plus a Raven themed cannon hanging on my waist that look similar to a walking stick with a pair of small black wing facing downward near the handle. 

Vilas is waiting in the meeting room along with Azura and Hayden plus a guy I haven't meet. I was lead to one of the seat there. The atmosphere is gloomy after what happened. Azura have a worried look on her face, probably concerned about Asha while the other is silent. 

'Now how will this go? '

how will this go indeed. I hope I won't mess up the next chapter, but if I do I hope you guys will be patient(is this the right spelling?) With me

18