Chapter 13 punishment
436 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So I take it Raymond have told you what happened? " (Arrys) 

I ask to open the conversation. 

*sigh* "well, yeah he told me, but can you tell me again to make sure nothing amiss? " (Vilas) 

"Sure, we were having lunch at the city and Asha got sick after eating too much. Her maid follows her to the rest room. After noticing that she is taking too long, I asked Raymond to check on her only to found out that the two has disappeared. Turn out the soldiers doesn't understand the word 'guarding' and just playing around, did they tell you about this? "(Arrys) 

Vilas and Hayden narrowed their eyes at this. 

'Aah... They didn't tell them I see'

" No Raymond didn't tell me, how about you Hayden? " (Vilas) 

"No, the soldier that reports it doesn't tell anything about it, well if they make this mistake then I see why they want to hide it"(Hayden) 

" Then I advise to get rid of them, I know I'm in no position to tell you what to do, but if you let them off then there is a high chance they or the other will repeat the same mistake. But if you punish them and throw them out from from the army it would be a lesson for the other" (Arrys) 

"Well I understand your point but I'll let Hayden decide their punishment. Now can you continue? " (Vilas) 

Hayden bowed to him and I nod as I continue. 

"After that they search the city with the help of the city guard. And I myself tried to find a way to track her, and thanks to reading your history and teaching her I can point to those with similar criteria to her with my butterflies"

"I found some that meet the criteria and decided to go after the one outside the city, there I found a caravan that going out from the city and found her in one of the carriage inside stacks of crates unconscious after I forced my way there" (Arrys) 

"After that I find the one responsible for the caravan with the help of some adventurers. The merchant 'Jai' was asked to take Asha outside of the territory by Cain because of grudge. You can confirm it with the merchant himself and one of the adventurer that hired by Cain to kidnap her. He is willing to give information in exchange for his punishment to be lowered " (Arrys) 

The room went silent after I finished taking. Well for Vilas he probably is regretting the fact that Cain turned this way, after all part of it was his mistake for pampering Cain. While Azura is probably devastated by how Cain would do something like this to his own cousin. 

Taking a long breath, Vilas started talking. 

"I guess this is it. I'll have him banished after taking his noble status" (Vilas) 

Hayden look at vilas with concern. I frown at vilas, he seems to seriously think this is a good enough for Cain's punishment. 

"Are you serious? " (Arrys) 

My voice sounds really hars and rude but I don't care right now. 

"He kidnapped 'your' own daughter, his own cousin without care, what do you think the treatment your daughter get in this!? If I was late in saving her, she would have died of suffocation! What's more he is the type of person who would go for blind revenge rather than thinking about his mistake! And you think this'll teach him anything!? " (Arrys) 

"... "

The three people silent after hearing my outburst. No wonder as I only act in a calm or cheerful manner since I got here. 

Letting out a sigh I asked. 

"Allow me to ask, what have you done to change his behavior and what changed after that? You must have seen him learn his mistake to let him with just that" (Arrys) 

Leaning on his seat in defeat he looks at the ceiling and let out a long breath. 

"No... He didn't change. I thought putting him in the army would change him, but it make him worse, I put him under Hayden but so far, he haven't changed" (Vilas) 

I guess he still pamper him unconsciously. But that's will only bring more problem. Those who think it as opportunity will help Cain to take revenge and use the opportunity to gain profit from it. 

"You should know better then that it will only bring more trouble, because I hinder him, he will take his hatred towards me for stopping his plan, and he already have grudge against me for beating him twice for his rude behavior" 

"And as I already said, if I was late in saving her, asha would have died of suffocation, even is she is still alive if I'm late there would probably be permanent damage to her body. And if they managed to bring her out of this alive then she wouldn't have sold as normal slave but would be sold to the black market, and who knows what kind of inhumane treatment she would get there. "

"Now I ask again, are you really sure that this is enough of a punishment for someone like him that would do this to his own family without a shred of hesitation? " (Arrys ) 

Azura is crying silently, probably imagining the fate of her daughter if I were not there to save her. Hayden frowned but didn't say anything, he know that what I said is true. Then Vilas finally speak his mind with a scowl. 

"Then what do you suggest his punishment is? " (Vilas) 

I know he is his family but he is too soft. 

"Before that, Hayden, what is the punishment for kidnapping Asha for the merchant? And and what is the punishment for attempting murder on the Duke family? " (Arrys) 

Hearing my question he frown as he probably already guessed what I'm thinking. 

"For that, he would be forced to the mine as a criminal slave and work there till he finished his sentence, or till die depending on how big his crimes are, by this I'm talking about the treatment of the kidnapped. And for murder and attempt murder on a noble family he would be executed that is the same even if he was a noble himself" (Hayden) 

And surprisingly he answered what I want to hear. Maybe he thinks that is for the best.

"I see, then do you have any eyes on the criminal in the town?" (Arrys) 

Hayden was confused by this but still answering. 

"Do you mean spies or informant that knows about the criminals? Sadly no we lost the informant a few months back" (Hayden) 

"I see, well I suggest getting that merchant Jai to be a bait then, his greedy nature is already known, some criminal or others probably would try to use him to do their bidding and we would know those if we keep an eye on him, or better get him to our side" (Arrys) 

"And for cain I have two suggestions. One put him as criminal slave in the mine just like Hayden says, which is a good lesson for him 'if' he knows his wrong doing. And the other is, well I'll just say it bluntly take him for the crime he has done and execute him" (Arrys) 

Vilas look down his forehead resting on his hand. I wonder if he would execute him or still feel pity and end up putting Cain as a slave to the mine and put him into torture unknowingly, or maybe knowing it and decided to put him there. 

And I wonder which is easier on the family executing him and let him pay his crime with his life or letting him life because they still love him as a family. 

"Okay I understand I'll put him under charge of attempted murder on the Duke House" (Vilas) 

and here we are. And I'm out of this heavy atmosphere chapter

18