Chapter 16 magic
383 21 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic, here in the human land, humans use magic chant. The chant is an ancient magic words created by a grand mage long times ago to help humans learn magic fast to fight against monsters at that time. These magic words is theorized to be from a relic that survive till today, and that's the reason that even now humans still able to use the chant magic.

"With that said trying to copy it from the way elf use their aria or how the dwarf use mana to strengthen their body is hard for us as we don't have the natural mana affinity like them" 

"Ms. Tara, what's an aria?" (Mathew)

Mathew asked when the teacher give a pause on his explanation.

"Good question, aria, is a song that helps the elf's to control their mana, different than our chant aria itself is not magical, it's just a tool for them to sync with the nature and with that helping them to more easily feel and control their mana" (Tara)

The teacher for your information is a slightly plump woman around his thirty I think, she is about 160cm tall with dark chocolate skin, shoulder length blonde hair and light brown eyes. She gives the curious and clumsy vibe of person. That aside I have question of my own now.

" So it's act like meditation?" (Arrys)

"yes I think you can think of it that way" (Tara)

Hmm, then shouldn't it be easy for humans to do that? I mean Asha managed to do it.

"Then shouldn't it be easy for human to do that?" (Sasuri)

I was going to ask but Sasuri speak her mind first.

" Yes it is easy enough for human to do and feel their mana, that is after all how we know how much our mana remain after using magic"

"And as some of you probably know, if you exhaust all your mana you will lose consciousness so be careful"

"Then back to the topic, we as humans can feel our mana with meditation but sadly we haven't found a way to control our mana like the other race" (Tara)

Hmm so it's like that, well after using the convenient chant for generations it's no wonder they didn't know how to control mana. Well I think one day they will find out, after all the one who created the chant words must know how to use his mana to create it. I think I don't need to tell them anything especially when I don't really know any of them. Just as I lazily think that while resting my chin on my palm Asha speak beside me.

"Eeh~? But I can do it though?" (Asha)

*Bam*

My hand slip and my face slammed the table. The teacher and other students look at her and me with wide eyes, surprised at me slamming my head and at what Asha said.

"Ugh... My head" (Arrys)

'I forgot she was like that'

"Arrys, it's bad sleeping in class" (Asha)

And she innocently said.

"I'm not sleepy, I'm surprised!" (Arrys)

"Well yeah even I'm surprised-" (Tara)

"But you're the one who teaches me, why are you surprised?" (Asha)

That was a mistake. Ah well not like I need to make it a secret.

"You teach her how to control mana!?" (Tara)

"Well her mother helped me so I teach her as thanks, just that" (Arrys)

"Can you teach me how to control mana?" (Tara)

Well if you found that you can do it surely you want to try. It's in human nature to be curious. And it's in their nature too to be greedy, thought this one is probably only curious.

"I can indeed, but I'll refrain from doing it carelessly" (Arrys)

Well I hope she understand. 

"I see... But can you at least show me? After all this is the first time I heard someone manage to control mana" (Tara)

Well I'm not even human but well I guess I can ask a favor in exchange.

"Well I'm interested in seeing this land's magic so we can show each other's magic if you want" (Arrys)

"Fair enough, then we should go to the training ground, it will be a good demonstration for the other students too" (Tara)

"...wait what do you mean this land's magic? You're not from here?" (Tara)

"Well yeah things happen and I ended up here, the Duke is kind enough to help me and let me stay in his mansion, that why I teach Asha my magic as thanks" (Arrys)

And like that I talk with Ms. Tara while we head for the training ground.

___

Today I'm wearing a black gothic loli style clothes a knee long dress and short pants below it so it not a bother even if I end up moving around too much today. Talking about clothes Asha wear the same clothes but white in color. I ended up giving her some of the clothes I have, well the clothing that I have more than one at least. And we have the same hair style too so we look like sisters. 

Now enough of me rambling, we finally arrived at the training ground. The teacher asked a few male students to bring a few training dummies for target while we wait. Now I'm not going to use my attack magic here. They're too plain and it's just pure mana so it's not an actual magic. Thought I want to get Asha to do the demonstration as she is a human while I'm not. I've been hiding my race till now, I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to show it, thought I think one day it will be revealed. After a few minutes waiting for the dummies to arrive and prepared, now Ms. Tara is explaining things to the other students about magic and other things before she face me and walk ahead to prepare to use magic.

"Ok everyone I'll demonstrate first, I myself have terra affinity or ground if you will so I'll use that to demonstrate to you all how chant magic look" (Tara)

She said as she look our way from the shooting line.

"[Ard lans] pierce"

A spike made of dirt shot out from the ground piercing the dummy, the shape is thin so it's look like a giant needle or a lance.

"The magic I used is called earth lance, as you can see it's a lance made of the ground. When using the chant you need to imagine the form of your magic too to help how it will act when you activate it. In my case I imagine it to be a thin spike so it can be fast, you can make it bulky or imagine it in the shape of spear or lance and it will act differently such as it form slower than this one or it make a big crater around the spike as it use the surrounding ground to form. The terra affinity is a bit unfit to be used as attacking method compared to other affinity but that's a topic for another time." 

"Now Arrys, if you please" (Tara)

"About that, Ms. Tara, maybe it's better for Asha to demonstrate it, as I am not from here, maybe there is a difference in our body so Asha as someone who is born here would be a good proof that you can indeed use magic like other race" (Arrys)

"Hmm... Yes that is true, but can you show me your magic afterward?" (Tara)

She look at me while still looking calm but I think I just see a glint in her eyes.

"... Alright Asha would probably be happy too to see it too" (Arrys)

'Now then'

"Asha, come here you will be the one to demonstrate first" (Arrys)

"Ooh! Ok! What should I use!?" (Asha)

She ran here exited, her face is full of smile.

"Well you can already do minor healing, why don't you use that?" (Arrys)

"Ok!" (Asha)

"Ok, as this one is not a flashy one everyone should get close to look. Ms. Tara, can you cut your finger a bit, just a small wound would be fine so Asha can heal you with her magic" (Arrys)

Ms. Tara nodded and take out a mail breaker knives from her bag and make a small cut on her index finger and show her hand to everyone. Asha then concentrate a bit before moving both her hands forward then a greenish white ball formed between her hand and move towards Ms. Tara's index finger, the ball then envelope her wound and it's slowly healing.

""Woah""

The other kids exclaim seeing someone their age able to use magic. Ms. Tara too seems surprised and exited seeing what happened.

After that it's my turn and I created a few butterflies, the kids shout in excitement seeing that, including Asha. I told her to not only play with it but observe it so she can see better how it's working. Not only the students but the teacher too is looking at one of my butterfly in interest. They ended up doing their own things (mainly playing) while the teacher is focusing on my butterfly till the end. Well at least everyone is happy I guess.

so just want to ask what is the difference between : soil, dirt, and ground?

11