Chapter 17 at home
327 11 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Arrys, why don't you want to teach them?" (Asha)

Right now me and Asha is leisurely drinking tea and having snacks at the mansion garden. Asha is enjoying her tea while doing her training in relaxed manner.

"Well I don't know what they're like or how their family like, if there is bad people learning it and doing bad things with it I would be troubled" (Arrys)

Well with Asha sometimes you don't know how to say it for her to understand so I just go with a simple one.

"Is that so..." (Asha)

She said while nibbling a biscuit.

"Thought, if you want to teach them I wouldn't mind, but you have to ask your parents first" (Arrys)

"Eeh~ but that's troublesome~" (Asha)

"Well if you think that way then it's fine, I was just thinking that you can get close to your friends that way" (Arrys)

Her eyes goes round while she take in what I said before she slowly open her mouth.

"Oooh~!!" (Asha)

"Pfft, you always are amusing" (Arrys)

I smile at her, it always make me smile looking at her amusing reaction.

"Look at you two having fun all by yourself" (Azura)

Suddenly I hear Azura's voice from behind me as she hug me from behind without me noticing her.

*Shivers*

"Whoa~ no no no no!" (Arrys)

All the people here is surprised as their eyes goes round seeing how I react and run from Azura. 

Azura is the first one to recover and ask.

"Arrys? What's wrong?" (Azura)

"Don't sneak behind me and hug me like that, it gives me goosebumps" (Arrys)

I really can't stand someone sneaking behind me and hug me from behind. I don't mind getting hugged if I know it beforehand, but not suddenly.

"Fufu, so you do have something you hate too, you always act so mature so it's refreshing" (Azura)

While Azura giggling as she said that, Asha is laughing to her heart content behind. I pout, can't deny it as it is the truth.

"Okay, I'm sorry, here let me brush your hair" (Azura)

I've become closer to this family in this time span, Azura is treating me like her own child and like this she sometime brush my hair while passing time. It's pretty hard having long hair you know, especially when you don't have hairdryer it takes a long time to get it dry.

"Aah that's not fair! Me too!" (Asha)

"Fufu, alright come here, I'll brush your hair after this" (Azura)

The seat we're sitting on right now is made of two polished stone shaped into half a circle each and placed facing each other with a round table in the middle. It's nice and cold to touch so it can be relaxing to sit here. So right now Azura sit in the middle of it while Asha and me sit beside her waiting our turn.

"So, what were you talking about before?" (Azura)

"Aah, were talking about my magic, the class ended up knowing I'm using different kinds of magic, and Asha was asking me why I'm not teaching them" (Arrys)

"Hmm, so why is it then?" (Azura)

"Hmm? Why I'm not teaching them?, Well I don't want to teach someone something without knowing the said person, after all my magic is quite dangerous, depending on how you use it, it can be more dangerous than normal attack magic" (Arrys)

"I see, that's a good judgement, I wouldn't want anyone dangerous to get a hold of it" (Azura)

"But! bu~t! Arrys say I can teach them if I ask you and father first! Then I could get close to my friend!" (Asha)

"Is that so? Well then I'll ask your father later then" (Azura)

"Yay! Thanks mom!" (Asha)

I think Azura get what I was hinting by asking the two of them. Well it's not that hard as they are nobles, so it should be the usual thing to look at the background of people around them.

___

Now it's night time and I'm back at the garden. I'm trying to get into fire mana so doing it inside the house is dangerous. 

What you have to do to change the nature of your mana is to pour your emotions, desire, hope, whatever you want to call it. Why you need to do that? That is to sync yourself with the mana you want to touch. That is what people here call mana affinity, how much you can with certain type of mana.

For example fire mana is something linked to courage, anger, determination, desire. Something like that. And  I'm currently trying to do that. I let mana seep out from my body to be able to see if I success.

But instead of red, the color turn dark In this dark I couldn't really tell what color it is as it look like shadow. 

'Failure huh'

I decided to give up the fire mana and go to the opposite of it, the water mana. I already know I'm not really compatible with fire mana but I want to test it at least once to make sure.

With water mana, it's close to nature mana, that  I'm close to. It need to be calm, composed, always flowing, ever-changing. 

Slowly I let the mana out, blue light surrounding me, slowly I make them into a bubble, and materialize them into water bubble. It reflect the moon light as it floating around me.

'step one complete'

What I'm after is not water magic but the advanced version, the ice magic. So first I need the water mana as the base, now to make ice magic, there is two way, one is you change the form of the water, gas, liquid, or solid. Then there is the way of changing the mana, with the previous method of pouring your emotion, intent... Whatever. While fire is wild, raging, unexpected, ice is the opposite, cold, indifferent, unchanging.

I tried to will the mana first, as I failed when I try fire mana, it also mean that the emotion I have is not the raging one but the cold one so I tried with similar feeling but lean toward how the water mana is. And then the water floating around me slowly froze and turn into ice ball as soft texture of snow covered some of it's surface. Now come the hard part of how to make it work like the one in the game. In the game, the character can make ice hammer or fist, I don't really know what it's called, but it used to hit your opponent like a Puch or hammer strike... I'll just call it hammer. Now moving a big chunks of ice is hard and changing it's form while moving it is harder, so how do I replicate that, or make it works. Forming it first before moving it take a while and it's slow, making the water first then frozing it do work to some extent but the ice is thin and sometime I miss and only end up splashing my target. By the way, again I'm just doing it in miniature version and targeting tree leafs. I wouldn't want to ruin the garden.

I tried some other thing like coating the surface with water or starting from water vapor which end up in  total failure. I decided to give up for tonight as it's getting late and decide to rest while enjoying the night sky for a while before going back to my room.

I wonder what the academy think of my magic and what will they do about it. Will they accept it just like that, think of getting it from me, or deny it. Ms Tara seems to accept it but that doesn't mean the other have the same opinion after all.

here it is! Double chapter yay~! (Thought if you think of how I'm uploading two chapters a week before it's normal, thought I can't keep up with the speed that way as I write slow (slow writer?),so I'll only be uploading one chapter per week most of the time).

Now this chapter is not really planned, I was planning to write Arrys meeting the headmaster of the academy but it seems too fast so instead I write this chapter. Anyway enjoy

13