Chapter 19 martial arts and teaching
314 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is martial arts lesson for me and Asha. You might think that why didn't you just ask Hayden to teach both of you, but what hayden and the soldiers learn there is mainly for soldiers use, so how to swiftly capture, kill, and survive in certain situations, and mainly in groups of people as they are soldiers. But that said it doesn't mean there is nothing to learn from them, just not for us beginner.

Today, I'm wearing something easy to move in, a pumpkin pants and shirt with a sort sleeve, long boots and gloves. I tied my hair in a low bun so I can still hide my ears, though I don't think anyone will care too much, but just in case.

Asha is wearing something a bit more reserved but still easy to move on. Both with mainly white in color so it won't be too hot.

"Spread your legs more and lower your your stance!" 

The instructor told us. Most of us is still new except for a few, two of them is Mathew and Rikuto. The team is divided between boys and girls, and try guessing where am I in this.

Well Asha can't stop laughing at the start that the other is confused by her behavior. I'm just staying quiet, not going to comment on anything. And no lucky pervert as no one is wearing skirt here and today we only going over the basic.

"Make a first and hold it palm up at your hips, spin your arm as you punch, and don't forget to move your upper body along with your hand for maximum force. Now repeat it! Left, right!"

The instructor told us as she give example in front of us before telling us to do it ourselves.

"You there! Move your body more! Don't hesitate and punch with all you got, no one is going to laugh at you!"

She tell the one who's doing it wrong what they need to do one by one. A good instructor she is.

"Now we move to kick, when you kick move your hips along with your leg, balance your body by moving your upper body"

"There's three way to kick, swipe, thrust, and strike. Simply said low kick, middle, and high kick. The simple one is swipe, you don't disturb your balance much with this, and it's main use is to disturb enemy balance. Then thrust, kicking forward on your opponent's core. Then there is strike, kicking high, aiming for your opponent's head, this one sometime hard to do and if you don't plant your feet properly you will fall without achieving anything except hurting yourself"

She explain each one of the base move as she give example then proceed to look at how each of us do one by one, telling what's wrong, what we did great, and how to properly move our body. She is really a good teacher. As I look at the other group's fate with the harsh method.

___

"So you did it like this, then feel what your mana feel like" (Asha)

I look at Asha amusingly as she trying hard to teach me Tara how to control her mana.

"I can already do till feeling my mana" (Tara)

"Then what do you feel?" (Asha)

"I feel my mana is still full?" (Tara)

"It's not that, I mean how it feels to you!" (Asha)

"Hmm... It feels like putting my hand in water?" (Tara)

"Then, how the water feel?" (Asha)

"...umm... It feels hard to move and I can't hold it?" (Tara)

"Ugh... That's not what I meant!" (Asha)

Ahh, the old "I can't explain and you don't understand". Well, I can't blame her, she has been living with it for so long without really understand what to do with it. Just like if you live in a hot environment all your life without knowing how snow feel. You wouldn't know how the warmth really feel until it changed.

"It's... How your mana felt, is it hot? Cold? Or something else" (Asha)

She really is trying hard.

"Hmm it feels cool I guess, there is something else but I'm not sure" (Tara)

"Yes yes, that! " (Asha)

"Umm, then what should I do with it?" (Tara)

"Continue, feel it more! You have to understand your mana first!" (Asha)

She said that part proudly. I do think it's not wrong  for her to be proud thought, she managed to do it in short amount of time. Maybe because she is still a child, or it's her nature. 

They practice for a while, as Ms Tara spend most of the time meditating and trying to understand how her mana behave, i told Asha to practice her control, as a change of pace I told her to try other form instead of a butterfly, and she managed to do something simple like egg shape, then a ring shape, then she tried to make a bird shape, well she somewhat managed to make a base shape with a  bird body and a oval wing. Then she got an idea from that and instead of making a small butterfly she make a big butterfly the size of a watermelon and indeed she success in making a simple butterfly, though sacrificing the mana compression but still she did success.

"Maybe you should make a big butterfly and slowly making it smaller Or start by slowly adding motive to your butterfly" (Arrys)

"Un! I'll do that!" (Asha)

She is happy she managed to success that. Making a small mana burst and letting it flow back in certain shape is indeed hard and need more finesse in mana control.

"That is amazing, will I be able to do that too?" (Tara)

"Well if only in the form of mana like this then yeah" 

"Have you manage to understand how your mana behave?" (Arrys)

"A little, I can feel it's cool and comfortable, and it's enveloping me like a cool blanket. But what effect does understanding how your mana feel connect with controlling it?" (Tara)

"Well that's because each mana type act in certain way, and the feeling you get from it is a good example of that. Do you ever wonder how people get their mana affinity? Or do you notice the similarities in people with the same mana affinity?" (Arrys)

"Well I do, but what people we understand now is that it build up since we're born and form a core when we reach 15, but the similarities between people with the same affinity? Isn't it just that they are able to do the same type of magic? Though they differ in each person, but I haven't noticed something noteworthy in their similarities" (Tara)

"Hmm, then maybe it's a good task for you to observe them, find the thing similar to each type of mana affinity holder. As a start you should observe those with fire affinity and then water affinity, maybe you'll get something from that" (Arrys)

Well maybe that is a bit rude to give task to a teacher, but here I'm the teacher. And she doesn't seem to mind as she herself find it interesting now that I mention it as she never really pay too much attention to it till now.

After that we go back home and spend our time with Azura and Vilas as he too are free today and decide to join us "girls". 

I was expecting the kids to ask us to teach them magic but maybe they didn't find a good timing or distracted by other topics as how the martial arts instructor for girls is nice while the boys are unreasonable. Well, not my problem though, as long as I'm not the victim, then I don't really care.

so I was planning to make some fighting or sparring chapter around here or maybe start the main plot(?). Well anyway I feel that I can't give a good story that way as I can't build up how they ended up in that situation so here we are in a slow pace, well maybe there will be some time skip?time lapse? Later, not much though, just a little bit

8