Chapter 20 finally something interesting
269 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a while since Arrys started teaching ms Tara, and after the first time training her the other kids join in on it too and we make some kind of club training activities for after classes. Maybe because they're still young they managed to get to understand their own mana faster than the older Ms Tara, and they are now practicing to control their mana. Around this time the other is teacher has already know about the new magic, some are interested and some are doubtful about it. For them that has known chant magic for all their lives and conformable with it they didn't see any merit in learning it as it took times to just learn the basic while you didn't need all that with chant magic and just need to remember the chant. If they really want to make something new they will go for rune magic as they believe it to be more versatile, and they're not wrong as rune magic is the base for creating the chant magic and other magic tools.

You may ask, then don't they need to be able to control their mana to be able to scribe runes? The answer for that is back to chant magic, you just need the right chant to activate the scribbling magic.

As for those who still have interest in it, you can see that they are watching the teacher and the students that has been accepted to learn it from afar. For those who look down on it all they see is the adults and kids playing around with mana. For those who is curious they find something new to the magic that they already knew.

And those teachers right now are gathered in meetings along with the headmaster.

"headmaster, I don't think there is anything of use in this 'other magic' the foreigner are teaching. Our chant magic is more advanced as they didn't need to be trained that hard to learn, no need to compare them to rune magic as it is far bellow it"

Said one of the opposing faction

"what are you saying, certainly the chant magic is more easier to learn, but that doesn't mean it's better. It's just like a bow and crossbow, you need time to train with bow but the result are better and the cost are cheaper than that of crossbow that even though easier to learn, is far more expensive and more weaker than normal bow"

Said the one who agreed to learn the magic. 

"now now, we're talking about magic here not bow, where do you see the cost in learning these magic? Everyone can learn it by mouth, most already know the common and everyday magic, if you want to learn advanced magic you just need to enter the academy in the advanced class. Though the more exclusive one are rare to find and you probably need to buy or rent a book to learn it"

"yeah and even with normal and advanced magic alone you still can do many things" 

"what you said is true, but think about the down side of the chant magic, all you need to do is learn the chant, in other words if you don't know the chant you can't do anything" 

The argument continue with the pros and cons as the headmaster watch and listen to their opinions. As expected of the academy teachers, the argument is not clouded with emotion and stay civil. 

Then finally the headmaster opened his mouth. 

"then how about we make a sparring contest for this, a tournament maybe to see which is better" (headmaster) 

"but who would be the contestants? Arrys is the only one who can properly use the magic, not mentioning if she can fight or not" (Tara) 

Tara speaks as she only see Arrys use his magic to make that butterflies and didn't know other magic he can use. 

"well yes that is a bit of a problem, but we don't have any other user of that magic, as for if she can fight, the answer is yes, in fact she saved the duke's daughter when she was about to be kidnapped" (headmaster) 

"she did!?... Well that answer why the Duke trust her so much" (Tara) 

"but from what I see, she is just a beginner in martial arts, she might be above average in her learning speed and her motivation in learning martial arts though" 

Said the woman instructor who teach Arrys class. Arrys is afterall a beginner in martial arts, all he do is take advantage of the move he understands from the game to win the fight against the those adventurer. 

"then just in case we will organize the tournament in... Hmm do you think two months will be enough? Well at least for her to learn the basic?" (headmaster) 

"well if I take from what I already see then she probably be able to do the basic move by then" 

Answers the instructor, she only have teach his class around two times so she doesn't have a concrete proof, but from what she see of his development, the time is enough for him to learn the basic. 

"what about the magic class?" (headmaster) 

"as for the magic class, well, it's a bit embarrassing but the kids learn faster than me in that part, well maybe because they're the same age and understand each other better, or that I'm not that talented in it. But well it maybe just because us adults know too much and our knowledge get in the way as we tend to think too much"(Tara) 

"then do you think they can learn something in that time span?" (headmaster) 

"... I'm sorry, but I don't really know about that, I'll ask her about it later" (Tara) 

"then I leave that to you, and ask her too if she is willing to participate, after all if she didn't participate there's no reason for the tournament" (headmaster) 

"yes" (Tara) 

Tara nodded toward the headmaster. And with that the meeting are over and Tara proceed to go to meet with Arrys in the training grounds that they use. 

___

"and that's how it is, what do you say about it?" (Tara) 

Ms Tara explained what happened and asked if I'm willing to participate and if the other is able to participate by that time. We'll if they only use the mana bullet and the other base attack and dodge skill then I think they'll be ready by that time, but they wouldn't be able to make use of it in real battle. 

"if it's only some simple stuff like attacking dummies and just showing magic then they'll probably be able to, but as for real battle I think no one will be ready with only two months, even Asha that have a head start wouldn't be able to I think" (Arrys) 

"I see, well what about you? Will you participate?" (Tara) 

Well participating isn't that bad I think, I have the Duke in my back so they wouldn't dare to try anything weird. And if I participate, I can at least get to experience going against this world magic, rather chant magic in battle for the first time. I would be able to understand it's use better too this way. 

"I'm fine with it, I'll be able to see how chant magic is used in battle that way"(Arrys) 

"but I'll have to see the rule first as my magic is quite restrictive in this kind of stuff" (Arrys) 

Ms Tara think for a while before you nodding to me. 

"I understand, I'll tell you the details when it's done" (Tara) 

okay here you are, finally some events is coming, I hope i can make it interesting. 

Ok I find some auto correct words got mixed in there, I used my old phone to write this chapter and forget the auto correct system in that phone is quite bad. Tell me if you still find mistakes in there

8