Side story 2 Adventuters
270 12 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
hi guys, early chapter! Yay~!

A man with red hair was sitting with two other, one was a woman with pale gray hair and the other is a tall man with back hair. It was Aagam's group of adventurer that was hired to escort the caravan that was kidnapping Asha a while back. The red haired Aagam, the pale gray haired woman is Alisha, the tall black haired man is Daks. The other short green haired Gyan was away searching for a good quest in the quest board.

[Aagam PoV]

After getting into a problem in the merchant escort a while back we have been doing some normal hunting job, nothing really complicated hunting boar or wolf that eat field crops and livestock. It's nice if it's a wolf because it's head and fur sell for quite some money, specially if it's in good condition, as for boar, sadly they're just pest, and their meat is poisonous because they like to eat poisonous plants to prevent being attacked by predator, though we can still sell it's skin for some coin. Well we sometime get lucky finding deer near the edge of the forest and sell the head, skin and meat for some money. You might ask why would we sell the head? Well some noble like to collect it something to hang on their wall, some would hunt it themselves or hire adventurer to capture one to be a hunting prey in their personal woods.

"Hey I got a good quest"(Gyan)

Giant come to our seat with a smile.

"What is it?"(Alisha)

Yo Alisha's question Gyan just put a small wooden board with the word warboar hunt on it. 

"Warboar, well that's something, how many?"(Aagam)

"Just one sadly or thankfully, they want the horn, tusk, and the skin"(Gyan)

Warboar is a magical beast in the form of a boar, but not like a normal one it's big and strong, it have two long horn in the middle of it's head, it's tusk and horn are usually used to make magical item, it's skin is used in magical scroll. The bone is good for armor with how sturdy it is so we can sell it  or use it for ourselves, alchemist will buy it's bile to make poison or antidote for those who's dumb enough to try and eat boar meat.

Warboar life deeper in the forest and they are purely carnivore unlike boar so we go deep inside the forest, Gyan trying to find any track or sign of it, this time we find track and what looks like it's hunting spot. We decide to trap it here using snare traps, the plan is to stop it's movement before killing it, well that's the only sure way of killing it, because it's strong bone, skin and thick muscle arrow will not easily strike it's vital except for the eye, blindly using sword or spear to face it just like that will get you killed as the animal is fast and strong, your sword or spear will easily chip or stuck in it's bone when you attack. To kill it fast you need to use a really strong arrow to the eye all the way to it's brain, or like us, use trap to stop it's movement and using a long nail to strike it's brain, again from the eye. Well you can slice it's neck open but the skin will be slightly ruined that way as you need a really deep cut to kill it.

We catch a small animal as a bait and place it where the trap is, the bait is still alive because the warboar doesn't eat dead animal except it's desperate. After waiting for almost two days the warboar showed up and we stay alert where we were hiding, Gyan and Daks prepare an additional rope to tie it up when the trap success whole I prepare in case the warboar didn't trigger the trap with Alisha as my support. The boar see the bunny we set as a bait and crawl to the bunny from the bush, it's light brown colored fur make it like a dead leave color it if hide in a bush, if you're not careful you would miss it. The boar charge towards the bunny and bite it down, along with that it's feet trigger the trap and tie up his hind leg.

"Now!"(Gyan)

Gyan and Daks rush and throw the rope at the boar, snaring it's head with each rope, the surprised boar start to struggle and tried to charge at them, the two circle around the boar and entangle it's leg with the rope some more.

"Now is my turn"(Aagam)

I rushed the boar, holding one of it's tusk and horn from the side and pull it my way while back stepping, the boar fall and struggle to get up, the two didn't let it and tie it's leg with the rope whole it's still tangled.

"May you rest in peace"(Alisha)

Alisha murmured behind me as I hammer the nail in the boars eye. Finally it's over.

"Rih muur encase"(Alisha)

Alisha made a wind wall encasing us to stop the blood smell to spread and invite other animals here, the we proceed with taking the skin first, the easiest though not the fastest, then take out the tusk, we can hammer the tusk out using the hammer and the nail but for the horn we need to saw it of so we would do it later in the guild. Then we slice open it's belly taking the bile and putting it in a glass bottle filled with "razi" a purified beverage as the alchemist says it.

Afterward we proceed to take away the bone by cutting of the meat, the warboar meat is poisonous just like boar does, so we can't use them. After the hard work of cleaning the bone we went back and report to the guild, some of the bone were sold and some were given to craftsman to be made as brigandine for me, Gyan and Daks prefer to use leather armor or gambeson. And because I won't be needing the leather armor anymore I sell it and with the total of all that we were able to get a month worth of money and we decide to take some few days rest before taking some job again.

___

"It's close to the expedition time for the academy students right? Are we going to participate?"(Alisha)

"Aa it's certainly is, what to do, I don't really like taking care of children"(Daks)

"But the money is still too good to pass"(Aagam)

"Well I don't mind playing baby sitter for some cash"(Gyan)

"I guess that's mean we participate"(Alisha)

"Well that's if we managed to squeeze in, it's always a race for that"(Aagam)

"Well besides the money they can see for a possible new recruits afterall"(Gyan)

The academy expedition is an event where the kids at the academy is learning from the adventurer on survival skills, a group of students will be accompanied by a group of adventurer, the payment for the job is quite good, it'll give you some good mark from the academy if you manage to tech the children well, and for those who is searching for a good recruits they will have a chance at it, specially a good magic user that's hard to get. And for that reason many is trying to get in and become one of the group accepted to teach the children, and that is a race of who's faster to apply, though a bad group won't be accepted for the second time so they need to be careful if they have a troublesome member.

And like that we finish our discussion and went our own way and enjoy our few days break.

for Warboar, try searching for babirusa in google and imagine a bigger and more menacing version of it.

Is it bile or gall?

And what's the difference between forest and wood?

Also I recently read many MHA fanfic and well it's interesting, some were good, some were bad. And that made me think, why don't I try making one, so that I know how it feels to write a fanfic, and also to try on fighting scene more, with a familiar scene this time. So what do you think? Want to see it too?

One more, can you guys make me a new sinopsis for this story? I'm not good at it

5