Chapter 1 – How to fight as a Spirit?
5.8k 17 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How to fight as a spirit? Is that even possible because spirits don't have a body. I'm in a new world as a spirit and my attribute values are low and I have no idea where I am. And my gamer blood (I don't have any) is boiling, because this is a new world different from earth.

So what I've found out about spirits are:

  1. Spirits are a body that's surrounding your soul
  2. Souls are the core of every being and the thing that contains all the information about one's self
  3. Every living being has a soul within their body even plants.

This is what I found out by looking and checking my transparent body that has a little bluish white marble in it.

I was still in the same spot where I woke up, and right now I was deciding to leave and search human civilization if there are any.

"Goodbye my sweet home I will miss you… sob." I said while leaving the place I came from.

I started wandering all over the forest but because of the fog I almost couldn't see where I was going. I kept on walking for a while until I found a little shadow in the bushes.

Out of the bushes came a small child with green skin, it looked like a goblin from the animes and mangas that I have watched. It had an ugly face and pointy ears and it had some cloth covering his crotch area.

"gyaarghh" it groaned while not noticing my existence.

"Heeeeey, can you hear me!" I shouted while trying to get its attention, but the goblin wasn't even capable of seeing me, of course what would you expect, a goblin being capable of seeing spirits?

Spirits cannot be seen by normal eyes I think…

"Well at the very least I know I'm not alone." I muttered while trying to put my hand through the goblin's chest.

Then the goblin suddenly felt something and jumped quickly back into the bush. It must have felt something that could have threatened it, so it reacted to its natural instincts and ran away.

"Back alone I guess." I said while releasing a small sigh.

I continued wandering around while touching everything I could see. I realized I could send shivers up people's spines by touching them with my spirit like hands. So how could I use this power to fight? Maybe shiver somebody to death?

After floating around for a while, I encountered a spirit.

"Hello, can you hear me." I said and then it instantly focused its attention onto me. The spirit looked like a dead dog but it had horns on top of its head and blood red eyes. Now that I thank about how did I completely look like? The dog must be an evil spirit like in urban legends on earth.

As I was trying to figure out what type of spirit it was, it suddenly started sprinting in my direction and tried to bite me down. But I blocked its attack with my right hand

"argh" I groaned in pain. I felt as if my whole being was screaming for help. I looked at my status and realized that my Vitality stat went down by 8, dude I'm almost dead. Was this dog that strong or was I incredibly weak?

Spirits can attack each other, but beings with physical bodies can't.

After the dog bit me on my right arm, I raised my arm and hit him against the ground and continuously bashed him on the ground till it would stop resisting. After 6 bashes it gave up on trying to bite my arm off and retreated and was coming back for another attack, but I wouldn't allow him to do so, so I dodged its incoming attack and kicked him from the side. It hit against a tree and groaned in pain.

"Huff, puff" I was breathing heavily, one half because of the pain on my right arm and the other half was because of my weak endurance. Seriously how weak am I?!

The dog tried to get back on its feet, but it fell right back to the ground. It probably also had weak Endurance and Vitality. After that I ran after it and gave it one last kick and it disappeared. The bluish white marble suddenly appeared and it disappeared right after. Did I win?

 

<< You have acquired the Skill 'Pain Resistance' >>

<< The levels of 'Spirit Form' have increased >>

 

Name: None

Race: Spirit

Age: 0 Years old

Titles: None

Level: 10

Attributes:

  • Vitality: 20
  • Mana: 240
  • Strength: 12
  • Agility: 40
  • Endurance: 25
  • Intelligence: 120

Passive Skills:

  • Spirit Form: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Pain Resistance: Level 1 (NEW!)

Active Skills:

  • None

 

 

 

Wow, my attribute values almost doubled, just by defeating one spirit? I need to find more, of course NOT, I may have acquired 'Pain Resistance' but that does not mean I'm strong enough to take on more. My Vitality hasn't even been replenished and I might die or disappear just like that dog.

After I had a mental dispute with myself, I continued to wander through the foggy forest. I found a couple of spirits but they didn't attack me, apparently only evil spirits attack people. I asked those spirits if they could tell me where I was, but they said they didn't know themselves. Maybe they were weak spirits who couldn't sustain themselves with mana, that’s what I could deduct.

From what I found out it's that in this world people know how to speak English that's good for me that means I can speak with people.

"Tra lalal lalaaa" I sang while I was walking throughout the forest, and because I'm a spirit I can float. However, I can get tired because I lose mana just from walking, because I'm a spirit I feed on mana so I don't even need to eat even though I want to.

After I've literally spent over 2 hours floating around and wandering at the same time, I started getting tired. So, I decided to find a good spot to sleep and recover my mana. Mana is the only thing that’s keeping me awake, it’s because I can see it slowly decreasing. As I felt my body starting to give up I went to sleep

 

 

 

After I slept for a couple of hours, I opened my eye lids, because I heard I sound.

"So, you were able to change your job to ‘Spiritualist’? With that we can earn some good money don't you think?" Said a young man with a sword hanging from his waist

"You really think so? You know it's a weak job for attribute values and it doesn't give you any skills other than the ability to see spirits" A young girl said with an expression of disappointment.

There were 2 people in the forest right now I woke up because of their conversation. From the way they were dressed they looked like adventurers, the girl had a staff in her hand.

'Wait a minute 'jobs' 'Spiritualists'?' I didn't know what those were, I could only guess. I think a Job is like a thing to work to? And spiritualist is somebody who can see spirits?

"Yeah, I know but the thing is the Guild has been having problems with this forest, it's been said that there are a lot of evil spirits here and ghosts." Said the young man with a carefree expression.

"Well at the very least we have to be careful, because we can get easily lost in all this fog. Make sure you don't lose that magic item the guild provided you." Said the young girl

"Yeah, yeah, I know." He said

'Magic Item', now that's a word that I don't know.

As they continued to walk down the forest I followed behind them. Why you ask? Because I didn't exactly have anything to do. And how can I understand their language? It’s because they speak the same language as me.

As I creepily followed them from behind the girl suddenly stud still.

"Somebody is following us." She said

"Think it's a spirit?"

"Yeah."

"Really?" I said

The moment I appeared behind them the girl jumped back and pointed her staff towards me, and the guy stood there bewildered by what happened.

"Jump back it's right behind you!" she shouted signaling him to stand back.

"Oh, yeah." He said while jumping back and getting into a fighting stance. "Start chanting quickly!"

"On it" she responded

Suddenly the girl started chanting some type of magic spell, I didn't know whether that spell would be able to do. When she finished chanting, a ball of light appeared and shot me.

"AAAAH" I screamed in pain. It hurt like crazy, it wasn't anything compared to the evil dog spirit. I felt as if my whole body was in pain. I looked at the spot where she shot though and there was a hole that you could look right through it.

'Damn it my Vitality is at 1 right now and I can't even fight back' I thought while preparing to retreat.

"Damn, he's tough, I'm going to cast another spell, be sure to protect me." She said

"Okay." Said the young man

'Oh no, at this point I'm going to die(?).' At the moment I had this thought I ran with all my power to get away from the adventurers.

So the answer to the question 'How to fight as a spirit?' is Magic.

 

<< You have acquired the Skills 'Light Attribute Resistance' and 'Enhanced Agility' >>

<< The levels of 'Pain Resistance' and 'Spirit Form' have increased >>

124