Chapter 11
533 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merid and the others were waiting for "Eisa" by the fountain in the middle of the square, wearing their new leather armor with metal details for better protection. Were it not for the extra money from Eisa, they would not have been able to afford it. Johnny looked again at the instructions in his book, trying to master the basics of magic, while the rest watched a figure completely clad in black rebuilding a nearby church.

"Undead" said Merid, and the rest of them looked at him questioningly.

"You mean the living dead? They're not bad or something?" Michael asked.

"In every other part of the world they are treated as pure evil with the exception of the kingdom of Arta, that's why the Empire attacked Morit 50 years ago." Merid replied without looking away from the dark figure.

Meanwhile, Eisa reached the fountain, where, as she noticed, everyone was waiting for her, she was pleased with the appearance of her companions, Michael bought himself a dagger and Jane bought a long bow and 5 dozen arrows, which Eisa sensed that most of them would end up in her backpack.

"Hey Eisa, have you got everything you wanted, can we go?" Jane asked.
"Yes, the sooner we leave, the better," said Eisa and the rest started to gather and headed towards the harbor.

 

The weather was perfect, birds of various colors were flying in the sky, making annoying sounds. The harbor smelled like fish like any other harbor except that you could see dead sea monsters everywhere, and each one bigger than the average person.

"This world never ceases to amaze me." Jane said, watching the fish men gut a large octopus-like sea creature with eyes on each of its 12 tentacles, Eisa and the others walked over to the large blue-painted merchant ship where Eisa spotted a large man in captain's uniform.

 

"Excuse me, do you know which ship is going to Stethe?" Eisa asked politely.

 

"Hmm... I happen to know, my ship is going there, you are lucky because we still have some vacancies, but it won't be cheap." The man said.

 

"Then we'll ask for the best seats." Eisa said, taking 6 gold from her backpack and the rest of the team just looked at Eise with suspicious eyes, while the man took the gold from Eisa's hands with a quick flick of his hand.

 

"I'm Captain Zyn, welcome to my ship and now come on board as we're almost leaving." Captain Zyn said.

 

After a while, a young sailor who was part of the dog-like beastmen came to Eisa's team.

 

"The captain sent me to show you your cabins, my name is Rex by the way, nice to meet you." Rex said.

 

"If it hadn't been weird, I would have patted his head," thought Jane, almost doing the deed. Eisa and the others followed Rex to their quarters, which were far from being called a luxury but had to suffice, as Eisa remembered Stethe was about 4 days by ship from Morit and Ex'Nazul was right in the middle of the Stethe kingdom. Eisa lay down on her bed, still wearing the mask, and slowly began to fall asleep when suddenly.

 

"Actually, where did you get all this money from, Eisa?" Merid asked, this scared Eise so much that she rose abruptly from the bed, almost falling off the bed.

"Erm ... umm .. Let's say the followers of Era are very supportive when the mere request from Era enters into it, now give me some sleep, I was unable to sleep last night due to my stress, good night!" Eisa said, then turned on the bed and fell asleep.

13