Chapter 9
241 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

I ducked behind a corner as the stone erupted inches from my face. Screams of terror and anger surrounded us. Several bodies, human, demon, and Foliora lay crumpled on the floor like their strings were just cut. Leyara laid unconscious on the other side of the room. I peaked around the corner to surmise the situation.

There were two Dark Elf warriors who fought blood mages and demons in one corner. Dog fought a demon on the other side and in the back of the room were the assholes that shot fireballs at me. This situation was dire, but I just needed to make my move carefully. I thought back to how we got in this current mess.

______________________________________________________________________________

Dog had led us to a cellar behind a noble’s house. We met up with the other Dark Elves and we infiltrated the cellar. It was actually a long tunnel that went straight north toward the castle. Coincidence?

After we traveled for some time, there were lit wall sconces that lined the walls and the path forked into 3 paths.  The path to the left was a dead end, maybe it was under construction? After we doubled back to try the middle door, it led to an actual storage cellar that led into the kitchens of the castle. We left a couple of the Dark Elf warriors there in case any reinforcements came from that direction.

The final path in hindsight should have been obvious. It had a magical lock on it and wasn’t an ornately carved door. A couple of the Foliora began shoving what looked like acorns into the lock’s keyhole. Once it was full to the brim, Leyara breathed into the lock causing the acorns to tremble violently and the lock turned bright red. Leyara explained as I stood mouth gaped open as the lock popped off and the magic broke down.

“Life is magic and those were Salamander’s Oak seeds. They only grow with metal as a food source and are activated by heat. The magic of life did the rest.”

Leyara smirked knowingly to poke fun at me. I forgot how much different this world was from mine. I remember watching tons of anime back home about some poor schmuck getting zapped to another world. I also remember making fun of those guys and here the fuck I am. The irony isn’t lost on me.

The door opened slowly to reveal the next chamber. It was another long chamber but this one was much larger. The walls were lined with glass and metal bars like some kind of perverse zoo. In the cells were different kinds of beast people, humans, elves and even Foliora. They were all in a sad state of hunger, abuse and worse.

“Who the fuck are you?! Finish the summoning!”

“Wha?”

I entered this room first and everyone was still half way in and out. I didn’t bother to look to the literal left. Had I not been a fucking idiot I would have seen the crowd of maroon robed men and the monstrous djinn type of monsters covered in wrought iron jewelry floating next to them. All of them surrounded a circle with mystical markings drawn on to the ground and in the middle was a dark elf stripped naked with a knife stabbed through her stomach.

Tislath Khnaucht Kreabslett…”

Tislath Khnaucht Kreabslett…”

Tislath Khnaucht Kreabslett…”

After they finished their spooky ass language chant the Foliora in the magic circle screamed in agony as she began to glow from within. The louder the glow was, the louder she screamed and then as soon as it was over, the dark elf literally…popped. What in the poltergeist fuck?!

The blood was trapped inside the circle and began to pool in the middle of the circle where the dark elf was. It pooled on itself then formed into a demon like the others, but this one didn’t have the iron jewelry, instead it was covered in silver plates that were in his skin.

“Destroy them demons!”

A very square jawed mage screamed from across the room as he was ushered into a door in the back. The man struggled to keep the circlet on his head from falling off. Wait…was that the lord?

“Blood mages! Watch out!”

Leyara tackles me to the ground as a fireball whizzed past my face. She smelled pretty good…Get your head in the game man! I shook my head to refocus as I stood up.

I took cover next to the archway leading into the room. The mages had split and so did the Folioran troops as they funneled into the room once I was tackled out of the way.

“Split into two cells and attack! Interrupt their chants!”

Leyara barked orders with practiced ease and gave hand signs that caused the warriors to split up and charge. They threw projectiles at the chanting mages firing fireballs to interrupt them as they cast their own spells! I had never seen the Foliora cast any magic up to this point I realized. These guys were total badasses!

Plasmavelin!”

The elves held a hand above their head like a familiar bald character of small stature from a childhood show about dragons and the pursuit of their balls.  Beams of lightning formed over their hands and they threw them at their targets with precision. The room boomed with thunder as each struck a different demon in the chest.

The flash of light afterwards was just as disorienting to me as it was them, but to my great horror. The demon’s inky faces were ripped with a terrible grin. The flaming nothingness from its eye sockets and mouth were bone chilling as they cackled in delight at the lightning bolts.

“Go free the other captives, we will handle this for now.”

“Are you sure?”

“Let me show you what we can do.”

She smiled at me after that and I kind of forgot what I was doing. I was reminded as she began her own spell and spheres of darkness formed around her. Remind me never to piss her off. I opened the cells easily enough with a huge lever on the wall. I was doing a quick check on everyone when a small nuke detonated behind me.

Something had happened with Leyara’s spell and it exploded blowing away some mages, but also blasted half of her soldiers and herself across the room and into the walls with a squelch. Dog had ducked around the corner as the explosion went off and somehow was completely unscathed.

“Get Leyara!”

I pointed to the crumpled princess as a demon was advancing on her lifeless form. Dog growled and shook and literally doubled in size as did his claws and teeth. He jumped straight into the fray against the demon. I love that fucking dog!

The mages kept throwing fireballs and shooting tiny beams of blood that vaporized rock on contact. Now that we’ve gone full circle.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

My uselessness in these situations was a problem. There was so much going on and now people are dead or dying. My anxiety ridden mind was clouding over as I heard a horrific sound. Ron yelped in pain. It was like I stopped time all over again. I looked out and seen dog huddled over Leyara with a gash down his side. The demon responsible cackled viciously as it moved to finish his kill. Fuck that.

My head cleared up pretty fucking fast. I drew my sword and skipped into the room. Ill explain that skip part later, promise. I appeared next to the demon to pretty much everyone’s surprise except my own. I was mad and these bastards fried for it.
Hemiowgun

The room filled with stars healing friend and foe alike. I checked to make sure stars were heading to Dog and Leyara and turned my attention back to the main show. All of the wounded men and demons stood up grinning like they had won some victory. I smiled in return as I activated a little something I learned from the notebook.

Dauntlet…”

Shadowy gauntlets and greaves formed themselves onto my hands and feet. Each piece of armor ended in a curved and savage blade. I slashed the demon in front of me. It vaporized. A fireball struck next to Dog and Leyara and Dog had moved to block it with his body even before he was fully healed.

“You fucked up!”

I kind of went mad with rage at this point. I thought I had really done well to try and avoid killing as much as possible and stick to some form of ethics I could rely on. I didn’t give a shit then.

I slashed and impaled demons around the room in a blur as I moved onto the mages themselves. I smelled the fear, the piss and shit and the magic in the room. My senses tingled with the urge to kill. My bloodlust was palpable. I skipped again to the group of mages with a smile on my face.

I ripped the first one’s throat out with my teeth and drank his sweet life force. It reeked of pork but it was the sweetest thing I had ever tasted. I grabbed the remaining mages as they screamed and knocked each of their heads off with a wave of my hand.

Their heads popped off like a bottle of soda erupting as I turned them upside down to drink every drop as it came out of their corpses. Everything faded to black as I lost control. What kind of monster am I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Vampir Darknaciel

Date of Birth: 23rd day of the month Reign in the year 3015

Race: Vampire (Human)

Hair: Black

Eyes: Red (Unholy Glow)

Current Value: 239.9 million Gold Coins, Approx. 149 trillion Gold Coins worth of Invisibility Potion

Magic Pocket: Pretty much one of everything (unverified), Journal of a Madman

Powers: Voice Mesmer, Animal Transmutation, Strength of 1000 men, Speed = PDQ, Immunity, Kinesis(Psycho), Hissy Fit Vaporize, Derbegun (Cleaning Spell), Hemiowgun (Healing Spell), Stop (Time Spell), Dauntlet (Shadow Armor)

Weaknesses: The Sun, Holy Water, Dog, cries blood, Leyara, Grave Box at Witch’s, Drinking blood sends him into berserk rage

Strengths: Barfights, Takes arrows to the chest like a champ, Digging Holes, Fungus House Demolition, Dog he is DAMN proud of, Drinking blood sends him into berserk rage

5