Chapter 21
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ASSIMILATE!”

“RAZE!”

“Frosgletharablasradanile!”

“ASSIMILATE!”

“PLASMAELSTROM!”

“Fireball!”

“Wind Blade!”

“A-S-S-I-M-I-L-A-T-E!”

Something snapped. I needed this thing to die and I needed a dark corner to go to. Effie… How was I supposed to feel? It seemed like all of my gauges filled out and there was no more to get. I only had one thought on my mind, kill whatever hurt me. I cast everything that came to mind and casting assimilate to erase this fuck’s existence.

The black fog started to return slowly to me as Baron Samedi could only defend against the barrage of spells. He kept protecting his heart and was leaching still more fog towards himself from the crumbling walls. The fog was proving to both turns into random beams of death that fired around and healing his damage.

“Source magic lets me do whatever I can envision and make it a reality?”

My question was directed at Casidhe who quickly shook her head and continued to take cover behind the rock wall she had summoned for herself and Dog. Baron’s heart began firing beams randomly around the room like a built-in defense system for his life.

With the confirmation of my thoughts, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I needed the dragon ballz power. I formed my best pose with my wrists touching imitating a ball with my fingers and lowering it to my waist as I faced towards Baron Samedi. I visualized a blue sphere charging in my hands and growing with power and size. My hands tingled and as I looked down there it was my very own blue wavemaker. 

“HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

I pushed my hands forward aimed right for Baron’s exposed beating heart. It shot forward… and fell to the ground at my feet before fizzling out. Leyara had moved next to the other two and had erected her shield and was having a hard time not laughing at his miserable failure. I attempted to do it again ignoring her jabs. Each time, it would fizzle out and Baron would continue to laugh as his chest regenerated. Sammy continued to fire beams of unholy light at the entrenched trio. She made eye contact with me while I struggled.

“Give it a name and believe in it, idiot!”

That made sense. I pictured it in my head and repeated my pose. I felt the energy in my hands and pictured how it would fill to the brim and then send that energy giving it shape, speed, and power. I make sure each movement is deliberate when I fire my attack this time. Shit, I have to name it still, uuuuuhh.

“FUCK YOU BEAM!”

The beam was stellar. It wasn’t any bigger around than my forearm, but it traveled fast and went through the hole in Baron Samedi’s chest and disintegrated his undead heart. It wasn’t as magnificent as you might think but Roshi would have been proud none the less.

As soon as the light from my attack faded, the already on fire, Corpse Maze began to shake as its imminent collapse had begun. 

“Let’s get out of here! The whole place is coming down. Leyara and the others had already run to the exit.

“I’ll be right there! I have to get her!”

I wasn’t able to say her name yet, but I knew I didn’t want her buried with all the rest of these corpses. I sprinted over to her body and scooped her up and made sure to stomp on the disintegrating corpse of Baron Samedi. His skull shattered under my boot heel. I took his sword and his crown and shoved them in my magic pocket as fast as I could. As I turned to go after the others, the roof caved in on top of me…

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

We were on our way out when I turned to hold the door for Vampir. 

“I’ll be right there! I have to get her!”

I turned to leave when I saw the 4 floors above us cave in on the entire half of the room including Vampir. Wait, what was happening? This wasn’t how this was supposed to happen.”

“Vampir, No!”

“It looks like he crashed to the ground floor! Let’s get out of here and look for him once we are safe!”

“We can’t leave him!”

Leyara screamed with tear-filled eyes. She did not want to give up on the strange man whom she had fallen in love with. She couldn’t give up on Vampir. She was going to go back for her when a spell hit the back of her head and she collapsed onto the back of a waiting Ron.

“We will just have to carry her. I’ll lead the way!”

She blacked out as Casidhe ran down the staircase with Dog hot on her tail. The building was coming down around our heads.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Well shit. IF that dumbass Vampir hadn’t wanted to play hero with the corpse of that fairy we wouldn’t be so dire, now would we?

Well, I can’t deny that Vampir dying by his fucking dungeon collapsing on him was ironic, but also, I can’t study him or his source. That was enough to make scholars everywhere cry tears of blood for lost research. Just a single page of notes on how he uses magic would be enough to turn the entire magic community on its head. With the magic families at each other’s throats and fighting over already existing secrets, it was the only way to get an edge for the community, much less her family name.

With all of the undead in the Corpse Maze being eradicated by the earlier battle, there were no obstacles other than collapsing walls and doors, but that didn’t make the travel any easier through the maze. 

“GUST!”

I looked back and seen Leyara bouncing lifelessly on Dog’s back. I liked that he went by both Dog and his other moniker of ‘Ron’. Who names a dog Ron? Otherwise, he was kind of gross but not as gross as the looks Leyara and Vampir shot each other. Do they think that shit is covert? They need to hurry and have coitus so the rest of us can vomit in peace. I blasted the last door out of the way and finally, we made it out as the rest of the floors collapsed in.

The collapsed Corpse Maze started folding in on itself as the space around the collapsed dungeon began swirling and going into itself. The ground shook as space distorted and the building began moving into a certain point. A miniature black hole formed in the middle of the rubble and the distorted space. Everything bled into nothingness until with a “POP” sound the entire dungeon had disappeared and in its place was Vampir. The black hole absorbed into his chest as he stood there holding the lifeless body of Effie. His eyes seemed to glow even redder.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

When the roof collapsed on me, I protected Effie’s lifeless body. As I braced to hit the ground and to take the brunt of the rubble, I noticed it wasn’t hurting me at all, but rather was invigorating me? I wasn’t sure, but I kept Effie held tight against me as the place collapsed. We fell to the bottom floor right away as I kept absorbing the building. 

I cast healing spell after healing spell on her doing anything I could Source magic or otherwise to try and save her. Each time I felt her life force might be restored it kept slipping away like the ebb of the tide. She was slipping away for good, but she still opened her eyes and spoke to me.

“I-aim sorreh, Vampir. I was so caught up in revenging ya, that I *cough cough* missed that you were different.”

“Don’t sweat it. I am sorry that I was responsible for what happened to your brother. I never realized I was responsible for all of those times you mentioned him. Had I known…”

“*cough cough* It really wouldn’t matter Hunny. He has been dead and I have been stuck. I’m sorry we had to part ways like this…”

The light went out in her eyes as she touched my face and I knew that she was gone this time. The building began crumbling and warping as it swirled into my body. Drops of blood fell from my face onto hers. The entire Corpse Maze had turned into black mist and was assimilating into my Source where it originally belonged. The entire place bent in on itself until it completely disappeared into my body. I felt an incredible surge of power, but it felt hollow as the hole Effie left in my new life.

“Goodbye, Effie.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Vampir Darkness

Date of Birth: Reign 23rd in the year 3015

Title: Undead Lord

Race: Vampire (Human)

Hair: Black

Eyes: Red (Evil Glow)

Current Value: 239.9 million Gold Coins, Approx. 149 trillion Gold Coins worth of Invisibility Potion, Resurrection Token

Magic Pocket: Pretty much one of everything, Vampir’s Diary, Magic Jar of Dog Urine, All of Casidhe’s Shit

Powers: Voice Mesmer, Animal Transmutation, Super Strength, Mach 3 Speed, Immunity, Regeneration, Losing Friends

Magic: Source (Custom) Magic, Folioran Magic, High Magic

Weaknesses: Holy Water, The Sun, Losing a Friend

Strengths: Sword Fighting, All Magic (Except Holy), Casidhe’s Magic (Sometimes), Dog, Leyara

1