5 – Fluffy Pillows!
1.8k 10 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 - Fluffy Pillows!

 

*click*

Grim: "hehe ~ nice!"

Grim the blacked cloak with wings sat on his bed with a white light emoji smile on his face! After 3 years of failure and many failed attempts, he finally finished his assignment and sent that annoyingly lucky person to reincarnation. Everything has been going well so far. The soul that was most fit to be reborn as a goddess had been cleaned of its memory and the new Goddess was born to the world of Eldering. He was initially surprised when he read the report the following day.

Goddess of Wisdom? Her? It took him a while to understand it but he finally figured out why she was made the goddess of wisdom... All of the other Gods and Goddesses were about as dull as a box of dark grey crayons! Grim would of been surprised if their total IQs had reached above single digits when they were all added together!

Everything has been going so well so far, Higher Authority had decided to speed up the worlds time so that they could keep an eye out of any possible errors that may occur when installing a new deity to the world. It has been 3 days so far so 3000 years should have passed already! So far not a single issue with the new goddess! Grim can finally take that vacation he has been wanting to take after those 3 whole years of failed attempts at reaping his mark's life! Well... even if all he could think of at the time was sitting in bed and watching TV 'It's Still HIS vacation dangit!'

Grim was just getting to the good part on an anime he had to put off watching until now when...

*Ring*

...His work phone started to ring...

Grim: *groan*

Grim sets the TV app to pause and turns off the tv... While still too late to have answered the phone Grim gives his work a return call

Grim: "This is Grim... Go ahead, Charlie"

Charlie: "Ah! Grim! Glad you called back... I know your eager to start your vacation buddy but listen... we had a slight problem with the new Goddess."

Grim *sigh* "Ok Charlie, let me hear it... I spent 3 years catching that one, I'm sure a few more days wouldn't hurt..."

Charlie: "ya... sorry to do this buddy, well listen one of her friends the Earth Goddess Teta,(I kid you not she named herself after her idol Goddess Terra) anyways she had gone to pay her friend our new Goddess a visit... And the girl was missing, 3 whole days gone by and she could not find Maria. Well I know this may just turn out to be nothing but the girl wouldn't stop complaining about needing advice for helping clear up a blighted lands... well she has been calling for days now strait, could you do us a favor and check up on her, At least that should alleviate her concerns and get her off all our backs. If you can help I would owe you one buddy!"

Grim: "ya ya," *sigh "Ill see what I can find."

Charlie: "Super! Give us a call when you get there and let us know what you find ok!"

Grim: "Ya... I'm on my way ill be there in a day or 2."

Charlie: "Talk to you later buddy!"

*click*

Grim takes an extra long stare at his bed before begrudgingly picking himself up off it to get ready for work.

Grim: "With my luck... It may take another 3 years to wrap this up..."


 

Rainy: "hehe... Maria's sleeping face..."

Rainy had opened the door to Maria's room during the night, the Goddess was sleeping so blissfully that a hymn that sounded like a lullaby was playing in the background.

Maria: "mmm... marshmallow..."

Maria was taking failed bites of her pillow as she slept with a peaceful look on her face. every once and awhile a wing would twitch when they sensed movement.

Maria and Rainy decided since the necromancer was no longer living in the tower that they would use it as their own base for the moment. The Tower came already stocked with a few bedrooms, expansive library, and even a few months worth of food supplies. ALSO hot tub! what else is there to say? It would of been crazy to just leave everything there. Since Rainy's clothing was so tattered and Sylia's clothing was an almost perfect match Rainy picked out several of the lavender-black dresses to wear... that is until she put on a cursed one and could not figure how to take it off...

Deathshadow Robe
DEF: 15 DUR: 200/200
Effects:
+ 10 INT + 5 Necromancy Magic
Curse:
+ 10 Undeath Affinity + 10 Shadow Affinity

Well, at least it looks cool! It was almost as if the bottom half of her body was now a shadow with tendrils that grasped out to strangle the life of the world.

The shadowy woman with long scraggly black hair that partly covered her eyes crept through the room. Each step was another step closer to her beloved Maria. Rainy reached out and touches Maria's feathery wings. Rainy could never get enough of that feathery softness! Maria is the best!

*twitch*

Rainy freezes up as Maria's wings twitch... shwoo... Ok SAFE! she has not woken up.

Rainy: "hue hue hue... Maria's cute wings..."

Sneak has reached level 17

Maria's sheet is lifted and Rainy climbs in bed behind Maria. Rainy slowly wraps her arm around Maria and carefully as can be holds her in a hug...

Rainy: "Good night cutie..."

Maria: "num num... chocolate... can't eat anymore... sad..."

Rainy shuts her eyes and drifts into a peaceful sleep...

*WAM*

Rainy takes 0 damage

How can 0 damage Hurt so badly!!! Rainy slowly slides off the bed and falls to the floor below doubling over in pain... Maria in her sleep had suddenly rolled over violently and in a weird twist of luck, her elbow smashed right into Rainy's solar plexus knocking the wind out of her.

Maria: "Mr bunny... come back... I want to see what you taste like with butter..." *smacks lips*

This is hardly the first time this had occurred for the last month Rainy has repeatedly spent her nights failing in the most spectacular ways to get into Maria's bed, from getting kicked to even being strangled... even though somehow Rainy does not take damage from loss of air... Her attempts have only lead to another in the long line of failures.

Having failed yet again, Rainy slowly crawls her way back out of the room... only to forget her past pain in 15 minutes and pick up another express ticket to Painsville

65