CHAPTER 5: I am DEVILMAN
58 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- POV RIN -

Akira: "Delighted Okumura Rin, I am Akira Fudo, I was sent to protect you and your brother. Anyway, are you okay?"

Rin:" Uh... I'm more worried about him."

Akira: "You mean the boy with the white hair? Don't worry, the priest will exorcise him."

It stops flying, and lands on what looked like a metal bridge, just below us, was the shopping street of the south cross

Rin: "exorcise him?"

Akira: "basically, he's going to remove the demon that owned him. Then the kid should come to him."

Rin: "A demon?"

Akira: "Yeah, like those little black balls. You see, your world has two dimensions, one called assiah, where demons live, and the other called gehenna, which welcomes demons. Normally it is impossible to pass from one world to another, but sometimes some demons manage to pass from time to time, possessing humans with problems. The news of your awakening has already spread. You will arouse the lust of all kinds of individuals, so I must protect you!"

Rin: "Wait there! I don't understand! Demons? What's your world like?! And what is this awakening?! Who am I?!"

Akira: "You are not human, you are the child of a demon. And not just any one, you are the son of the most powerful demon…"

He seemed to feel some pain in saying his name

Akira: "Evil incarnate: Satan..."

I stare at him in shock, then, around us, weird stuff came out of the ground

Akira: "Damn it!"

He then took me by the arm and ran, while hitting the black balls that surrounded us, he then raised his wings and began to fly, while taking me in his arms as a princess, I did not like it at all

Rin: "Are you serious?"

Akira: "No time!"

Then around us, birds that seemed more dead than alive tried to attack us

Rin: "What is it? It stinks!"

Akira: "they are ghouls! Demons who possess corpses."

Rin: "Goules?!"

Akira: "We are lucky to be in Japan, elsewhere, they are huge!"

Rin: "Talk about a chance!"

Then he dropped me in the air,

Rin: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Akira: "Don't worry!"

Then he hit all the ghouls around him, and then went down in a dive to catch me, still in princess position

Rin: "Don't ever do that again!"

Akira: "Sorry Sorry"

He seemed amused by my reaction, I, not at all, so I growled while crossing his arms. Then he took a serious tone and said;

Akira: We are soon at the monastery.

- MEANWHILE IN AN ALLEY NOT VERY FAR -

random offender A (we'll do RO A it will be more convenient):" Do you really remember anything?"

The young daddy's son who had previously been possessed by the demon, was surrounded by his minions who asked him if they remembered what had happened

RO A: "Not even that you almost killed Okumura?"

RO B: "Or that his body started burning?"

Daddy's boy / Shiratori: "No… Nothing comes back to me…"

The three underlings looked at each other, then exclaimed one by one what they did to help the daddy's boy when he was unconscious.

Daddy's boy / Shiratori: "Oh, well… Thank you guys…"

He takes out his wallet, but when he sees that there is no more money in it, he gets angry with his subordinates, and hits them;

RO A :"We had to use your money for the hospital!"

Daddy's boy / Shiratori: Huh? What do you mean?

RO B: "They tell you that you fucked with Rin Okumura!"

Daddy's boy / Shiratori: "Okumura?"

RO A: "You were about to waste him, but he took you instead, and sent you straight to the hospital, remember?"

Daddy's boy/ Shiratori: "Now that you mention it, it hurts everywhere, it's true…"

He looks at his body, waving his arm and stretching.

RO B : "Is he all right, Shiratori?"

RO A: "His brain may have rusted…"

Then the young daddy's boy starts talking for himself

Shiratori: "Yes… It's Okumura… He made fun of me… I don't know if it's a demon or a rabid dog, but it's him."

Then he began to speak louder and louder while repeating "Okumura". The third time, he turned into a demon. And hit the container behind him, smashing it.

Shiratori: "YOU WON'T PLAY IT FOR LONG !"

RO C: "SHIRATORI-SAN!"

RO B: "I'm out of here"

RO A: "Wait for me!"

The three underlings run away from Daddy's boy again possessed and enraged. (AN: It's funny how much they are pokemons)

The shiratori laughed while saying

Shiratori Possessed: "This body is the one that suits me the best…"

He starts to leave the alley (finally it is more a space between two containers)

Shiratori Possessed: "Young Master… Where are you?"

- DURING THIS TIME WITH RIN -

Akira: "Despite the situation and the fact of being held as a princess by a scary being, the view is beautiful, isn't it?"

I answered the affirmative while grumbling.

Akira: "The priest is downstairs."

Then I look down, but I only see the void, and the city blurs over us, which freaked me out, because we were actually very high in the air! Then Akira stopped flying, and began to «fall» while still holding me

Rin: "AHHH FUCK !"

I saw the city getting closer and closer, my death with it, and then I saw my father on a roof, who seemed to flee from the corpses of dogs. Then Akira opened her wings, put me on her shoulder like a potato bag, and grabbed my father's collar with his second hand.

Akira: "Yo the priest!"

I was cursing that winged bastard more and more. This time, when he resumed his flight, he flew about four meters from the roofs, which made it possible to see our environment better, then he descended on the ground and resumed his human form, while letting go of us, my father and him landed on their feet, while I fell on my stomach. When the winged bastard saw it, he held his hand to help me, and I refused and raised myself.

Priest A: "Here you are!"

Father: "How are we doing ?"

Priest B: "All coaltars are eliminated"

Akira whispered to me: "these are the little black balls."

I then saw him enter the monastery with my father and the other priests, so I followed them.

Priest A: "I tripled the fence around the monastery"

Father: "It won't be enough. Double again."

He kept walking inside, up to the nave (AN: at least it looked like it but I'm not sure it's a nave )

Father: "We are dealing with the Astaroth Seti. Pour triple C into the sewers. Not one must enter!"

All the priests: "YES, FATHER!"

I saw three priests holding white barrels and bringing them outside, I was completely confused, I wanted to know what it was, and I was going to ask the winged bastard, but I saw that he was just as confused as I was about the barrels.

Then I heard thundering noises.

Then my father pushed the thing to pray ( AN: I didn't find the name I hope I didn't hurt anyone ) Then I saw behind some sort of staircase

Father: "Follow me!"

So me and the winged bastard went down the stairs with Father, Akira stood behind me, pretending to look all around him, as if he was checking if something was suddenly going to pop up to attack me. Even though I heard him whisper "it sounds like the secret passage of a cult" it made me cold behind my back. Then the old man, me and the winged bastard, came in front of a red box padlocked.

The old man took out a strange key, which he put in the box, inside there was a purple katana, and a red cloth

Father: "Kômaken, it is also called the kurikara. It is a very ancient magic sword."

He took it out of the box, then handed it to me

Father: "The blade contains your demonic power, and the scabbard acts like a seal."

Rin: "My power?"

Father: "It's more important than your life"

I'll take it

Father: "Don't give it to anyone. Keep it with yourself when you sleep."

I heard Akira whispering «strange galgame» ( NA: it is the cushions big natures with characters half naked on)

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR FUCKING COMMENTS !

The old man, who did not seem to have heard it, or who simply did not care, continued to speak

Father: "And above all, never open it."

Does he say seriously outside but dying of laughter inside because of Akira's comment

Father: "Your demonic power would awaken, and you could not become human again."

Rin: "Wait… If I am a demon, then Yukio… Don't tell me that he is too?"

Father: "Yukio was too weak to receive demonic power, only you inherited the power of the demon."

Then a big boom sounds

Rin: "Does everyone know? That I am not human… THAT I AM THE DEVIL'S BASTARD!"

He remains silent

Rin: "Why didn't you ever tell me about something like that?!"

Akira: "oi"

Father: As long as you remain human, I will raise you. If I let you live in spite of your origins, it is tothis only condition"

Akira: oi"

Rin: "A conditions!?"

Akira: "oi"

Father: "I wanted to raise you as a human. That's why I kept silence, and I treasured the secret that surrounds your birth."

Akira: "OI! THE BARRIER IS DESTROYED!"

Father: "WHAT?!"

He ran outside the small cellar, with Akira, I followed them.

Then a truck broke down the door of the nave, the ghouls took advantage to enter, and a laugh was heard

Shiratori/ Astaroth: I come to fetch you young master. Let's go back together to Gehenna!

Then he enlarged his arm, and grabbed my leg. Then I saw the winged bastard regain his demonic form, and catch the deformed arm, which destroyed him.

Father: "Akira, take Rin and hide him, where they won't find him!"

Akira: "But what about you? I can't leave you!"

Father: "The most important for now is Rin! Take my cell phone, only one number is registered. He is a friend! Call him as soon as you leave the monastery! I am sure he will help you."

Rin: "Wait a minute!"

Before I finished speaking, he pushed me into the secret room

Father: "Akira, if we die, take Rin and flee"

Akira: "Well"

Then the old man closed the hatch.

I immediately rushed and screamed

Rin: "WE'RE NOT DONE TALKING!"

We could hear fighting noises, screams and gun noises from the outside

I hit the hatch

Rin: "OPEN UP, GEEZER! LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

I... am I a demon?

I remembered all the good memories I had with the priests, Yukio, the old and the monastery.

Shit…

I then remembered the mothers who called me demons, saying that I was violent… And I cried out that I was not one… "I'M NOT A DEMON!"

I really am...?

- MEANWHILE WITH YUKIO -

Why don't they answer? I called, but it doesn't pick up.

Did something happen here?

Rin..?

- RETURN WITH RIN -

The hatch opened itself, I then left it under the astonished eyes of Akira who tried to stop me, then I took a fork and sent it into the body of the demon

Rin: "We're not done talking, I said!"

Akira, this is RIN!

Astaroth: "Young Master! Why… ?!"

Then he was crushed by the old man, who pointed a shotgun at his forehead.

Father: "Lord, hang a millstone around his neck! May he never come out of the abyss where the Leviathan dwells!"

Astaroth:" NO, don't do that!"

Father: "He does not see, do not hear. Let the darkness imprison him!"

Black smoke then comes out of the demon, and at the same time, it seems to resume a human form.

Father: "Nagatomo, take out the car."

Nagatomo (one of the priests): "Yes!"

Father: Izumi and Kyôdô, mark the boy with the tetramorph seal. And purify him!

Izumi: "All right!"

Rin: "Wait! You need to be treated first!"

Father: "For now, the most important thing is to put yourself in a safe place. It is you that the demons want!"

Rin: "Really? So if I leave, everything will be settled?"

Akira: "I won't let you do that"

Rin: "WHY?!"

Akira: "Because I have to protect you!"

Rin: "AND WHO TOLD YOU TO DO IT! WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER BEFORE!"

Akira: "I was given the mission to protect you! And I wouldn't fail this time!"

Rin: "huh, This time ?"

He seems to remain silent, with a face, which despite being in its demonic form, showed a certain melancholy and sadness

Rin: "I'm out of here. You're safe now.  "                                                                          "Akira : RIN!"

He runs towards me, and tries to hold me by the shoulders.

Rin: "Let go! You don't even know me!"

Then it's around the old man trying to keep me

Rin: "YOU ALSO LET ME GO! After all, it was you who drove me away! I am the son good for nothing… No… We don't even have the same blood. We are strangers!"

Father: "Rin…"

Rin: "BE FRANK! ADMIT THAT YOU ARE TIRED OF PLAYING PATERNAL WITH ME! But your priesthood may forbid it… Or do you want to play the father model one last time!? Wind ! You're NOT MY OLD MAN! YOU ARE NOTHING! NEVER TAKE YOU FOR MY FATHER AGAIN!"

Akira gives me a slap

Akira: "He may not be your blood father, but in the heart he is."

Rin: "AND HOW DO YOU KNOW?! YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS! You… YOU ARE JUST A DEMON!"

Akira: "I AM NOT A DEMON!"

Rin: "SO WHAT ARE YOU ?!"

Akira: "I AM DEVILMAN!"

Then the geezer fell on his knees in pain

AN: don’t hesitate to give me advice I need it

2