Chapter 5
763 16 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Quez, what do you think these ruins looked like if they were properly maintained?” Marcus asked Quez. Who, just like him joined the scavenge hunt on this newly found ruin. They're team consisted of 20 men and 1 girl. Separated in groups of five to six respectively. The girl of the group also known as the chieftains daughter is exploring her very first ruin with her father.

“stop asking questions and do your job.” replied Quez.

“what job? All we need to do is stand guard outside the rooms and that's it. I just wanna start a conversation dude.”

“you're losing focus. How the hell are we supposed to stay alert and guard with that?”

“what's so dangerous about this place anyway? The residence here are just your everyday zombie. I know you're paranoid because Jack hasn't comeback yet but I assure you that he's fine.”

“why go silent? Come on dude. Stop being paranoid! It doesn't hurt to let loose you know?”

“Quez?” he found nothing once he turned to his side. His teammate was nowhere to be found.

“cool trick. Mind showing me how to do it?... Quez? You there?” after finishing his question with still no answer three rifle shots resonated through the hallway.

“GUYS! WE HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS!” He shouts while pointing the muzzle upwards. Answering to his call two different voices shouted "WAIT!" Simultaneously. Atleast we still have two remaining members. He whispered.

Drip

A warm liquid found it's way to Marcus's arm. And as he looked up he saw Quez in the embrace of a monster he has never seen before. 3 bullet wounds could be found on his torso. He kept on struggling to breath despite the hand that's holding his mouth and the fresh new holes on his chest. His captor was looking directly at Marcus who was now opening fire. Quez soon had more holes in his body. Calling him a bullet-sponge wouldn't be an exaggeration, the one responsible seems to be unharmed from the bullet rain. The corpse of his teammate proved to be a rather good shield. Which the monster eventually dropped once it decided to go back inside the vents.

“what the hell was that?” the newly arrived member. Wayne, asked

“how the hell am I supposed to know? Ya think I would be opening fire recklessly If I did?”

“yes, yes you would.” replied by the remaining member, Bas

“maybe if you two didn't take your time to go back here It would have been dead!” Marcus retorted.

————

That was fun! I said while crawling through the vents. Which was apparently still sturdy enough to support my weight. My three remaining victims are currently arguing on what to do. And there's only one way to get out of that hallway. I'm planning on not making them leave this place even if they wanted to. Shriekkkkkk I really should stop attempting to make human noises outloud.

...

Ah! Found it! Underneath here should be the kitchen If im correct? Breaking the floor on one of the rooms cabinets, tables and a perfectly fine pantry could be seen. Looks like they haven't looted here yet? Whys that? Well, who cares? I clearly do. Somethings not right here. Looking around the place gave me no answer to my questions so I just went ahead and did what I was going to do here. Take off a few layers from the floor that supports the hallway from up above. And wait. They'll come here soon enough

System? You there? I'm bored. Waiting here sucks! My prey are probably taking their precious time to get here. I can imagine them walking careful steps while being alert or burying that dead dude... Quez? I think? Or both! I want someone to talk to!

[Hello. Please stop whining. As I am currently busy. I do there will soon be another panel called "shop" this is were you can buy the stuff If you want to become a variant.]

Buy them? With what?

[Points. When you ambushed and captured that guy from before the system gave you points. You can get them by doing what you as a Xenomorph usually do.]

Then did it give me points when I prepared a trap earlier?

[No, but your ambush will. I dont think Xenomorphs can set up complicated traps like this one? So I didn't program the point system to do that.]

What's inside the shop by the way?

[Body upgrades.]

Can you add the regeneration method of the predalien? That's such a nice ability to give to Xenomorphs. Too bad it's only availabe to the predalien. And the Predalien alone.

[What does this ability do exactly?]

When I get damaged I can shed my old mesoskeleton to heal. Not only that, the new mesoskeleton is stronger than the last. It has no known limit. Making me quite resilient if used enough.

[That could be arranged. And I'll be busy to do so, dont call me if it isn't important. If you want to access the shop. You can't. It isn't implemented yet. You should eat corpses too. The point system will consider that. That won't work for rocks and metal though.]

23