Chapter 7
623 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt great delight when I look at the faces my prey is currently expressing as I slowly get closer them. Feeding off of their fear makes me salivate. The more zombies I cut down in half with every swish of my tail the more their expressions fell coupled with their turning pale. Raw, primal fear is what I seem to have grown in to love the most. And what better way to make my prey feel that than getting closer to them as they desperately pulled the trigger of their rifles.

A 7 foot tall monster that could reach them and the ceiling by just stretching it's arms alone was slowly creeping up on them. Giving off the creepiest smile while doing so.

[You can no longer get any points from scaring people.]

Already? I was getting into it too. That sucks. How many did I get?

[30. Getting into it? You're not a cold-blooded, merciless killer?]

Cold blooded? Merciless? What are those new titles? I'm completely not any of those by the way. What even makes you have that sort of impression on me?

[The girl from before? Or maybe that guy who became a bullet sponge? You didn't feel any remorse for killing both of them.]

Am I supposed to? That girl was annoying before the apocalypse started so she kinda deserved it. And besides the door was heavily barricaded. There was nothing I could do! As for the guy, well. It's clearly because of the title!

[That are your reasons? You killed both of them in cold blood without batting an eye. One of them was killed because she gave you inconvenience.]

Well, that's the last guy knocked out. You too would also kill her if she was living right next door. Trust me on that one. I replied as I shoulder carry two and tail wrap the remaining one. Where should I bring them? Oh I know!

[I think you are one of those people that you guys call a "psychopath"]

No I'm not. I'm completely sane with no mental problems to speak of.

[Isn't that what of the signs that you are?]

Nope.

While treading back I found the very first corpse, Quez. This guy really did a number on him huh? And why didn't the zombies attack him? Not that it matters. After stabbing my tail blade into him, I continued to walk straight down the hallway. 1 corpse and 3 soon to be in tow.

...

I carried them back to the furthest part of the hallway, the living quarters of the old landlord. This room is without a doubt the biggest one there is here. In terms of living quarters atleast. Just like the other rooms this place too is infested with plants. But you can still tell where the furniture are. Especially that Queen sized bed.

I put down the baggage I was carrying to put hive resin on the wall's. It was pretty easy surprisingly enough. Not that it was hard to do in the first place since all it took was just for me to spit on the walls over and over again and then let it harden.

Once I was done decorating one side of the wall I immediately got back to work and started placing my unconscious victims to the hive resin. Spitting all over them till they hardened as well. But I knew they weren't in the process of eggmorphing yet. My instincts told me so. Telling me that I should complete placing Hive resin on the remaining side of the un-decorated walls. Build more! It screamed. So I did.

...

Right after decorating the walls I immediately noticed changes, the energy that this place produces is something familiar to me, something nostalgic. Like how a mother would embrace her child. It was a strange feeling yet I welcomed it with open arms. Feeling comfortable once it embraces back.

[Strange... it consumes the mana in the surrounding area then turns it into it's own Xenomorph suited energy. This place is alive... It lived the moment that you completed it's construction. Amusing.]

That comment was not needed. I was just starting to enjoy my delusions even more too. Couldn't you wait that for me to be done atleast? Can't a guy be at peace?! How many points did I get from building this place anyway?

[120 from the cocoons and 30 from the construction.]

Im gonna buy the shedding ability. I said as I eat the corpse of Quez giving me an extra 30 points.

My instincts once again told me that the men that I captured are now turning into eggs. As evidence of this the resin that's currently enveloping them is starting to have a smoother texture while the shape of the resin that outlined the body is starting to resemble that of an oval.

What to do? I thought. Moments later I got my answer as a sobbing child could be heard a few rooms away from me.

[That's clearly not a zombie since those things couldn't mimic sounds that's a real crying child. o what are you gonna do?]

Find her parents and capture them. Obviously. I wanna try out this new found skill of mine.

22