Chapter 8
615 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“TFT do you copy?“ a bulky man said to a walkie talkie.

Bzzzttt Bzzzzt Bzzzzt

But no one answered. Due to the gunshots earlier, he was getting worried that the team assigned on the third floor may have found trouble. He only has two choices either they continue the ruin exploration or call his remaining men and leave the place empty handed. His daughter, Florentine will surely be disappointed but her safety comes first.

”dont you think it's just Marcus shooting recklessly again boss?“ says another man beside him who just like him also possess a bulky body just a little bit smaller. While the man behind him also has a good body he looked like a regular man compared to both of them though. While his daughter and a researcher that they brought along are infront of them excitedly talking to each other about what they would uncover on these ruins.

Their team was in charge of the first floor. And they are currently taking a break in a large lobby which, before this place got infested by plants was most likely a dining area. No one answered no matter how many times he calls out TFT on the walkie-talkie. After contemplating whether he should call off the expedition or not he decided to call out to them one more time before he gives the order to leave. Once again no one answered.

Contrary to his expectations his daughter happily agreed to leave once he walked up to them to tell her about the situation. As for the researcher though, well. He disagreed. Strongly. He continued to spout bullshit about how important this place is for their settlement like some kind of clown. He really wanted to tear this bastard apart. But stopped himself since his daughter was here. This is also one of the reasons why this guy isn't afraid to speak up to him.

So what better way to get his respect back other than punch him in the face infront of his daughter? You think you're safe because I'm keeping myself at bay? But before he got near him and land a punch. He received a message.

”chief, second floor team here, we found food. Most of them are canned. Perfectly fine. But there's one problem a hole that leads to the third floor could be found on the ceiling. Should we check it out?“ a static voice said.

”Dont do anything without further instructions.“ he replied.

”Carl! Looks like you're luck! You get to explore more of the ruins. Now go first.“

”I'm a researcher chief, I can't do that. You guys are the armed individuals here. What? Forgot your job? You're the one who's supposed to protect us.“ once again he couldn't punch the guy. Someone beat him to it. The punch made him shut up and obediently lead the team with a bleeding nose that's currently on the care of the chieftains daughter. Well, not really since she immediately went back to the center of the 3 men to be protected leaving Carl in the front.

...

They gathered all the food they could find once they met up with the SFT. And now that they're in great numbers they all decided to go to the third floor to see what happened to the team they sent up there. Paying no mind to the floor boards that's scattered across the kitchen tables

Coincidentally a zombie dropped from the vent above Florentine causing the group to scatter with her and Carl swapping places. The zombie was killed off by the burly men without effort and even after his daughter screamed no other zombie came from the front so they all decided that, that direction maybe isn't that bad for her to stay in especially if the team they sent is still alive. The whole group soon regret this decision as the thinned out floor supported the weight of the girl but not the group of men that as soon as they took a single step the entire floor collapsed Florentine was in already in a safe distance once this happened but it didn't take long for the floor leading to her to crumble threatening to consume her.

She ran as fast as her legs could carry her which was more than enough for her to escape falling. Although she was gaining distance when she looked back she also saw zombies that's slowly gathering. In fear she ran faster only stopping once she reached a place with such rich vegetation that you couldn't even see the wooden floor she was sure that this place wouldn't fall. And she was right it stopped exactly at the start of the vegetation. After a few minutes of panting she ran again. She couldn't let the zombies reach her. And as she ran she noticed fresh bloodstains on the floor it lead to her only way. But she had no choice. That could possibly be one of the members retreating with a mortal wound right? Even then. She didn't enter the furthest room where the bloodstain ended. Sitting in an inclosed room didn't raise her composure it did the opposite. Due to the crippling silence lot of possible outcomes ran through her head all of them were situations where she was killed. It finally broke her down to tears and sobbing despite her best effort in preventing herself from doing so.

20