Chapter 17
349 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After thinking through the things on what I'm about to do in this foreign yet familiar world. I got up and looked around.

First things first! I need to know what kind of places I could find around here, in which afterwards I'll pick a place to settle down in. As to whether it's permanent or not depends on the place, if it's dangerous enough to kill me then I'll leave if not then maybe I'll stay.

Well, one of the more important factors would be if the place has enough creatures for me to start a Xenomorph empire in.

First off the west, nothing much to say as it's just a desert with massive sand dunes here and there. I should probably take note of the gigantic yellow worms that come out of the sand every once in a while along with the flaming skeletal birds in which I assume are vultures? As to whether they are really skeletons or not is beyond me, their light shines way to bright in this darkness I can't see them properly.

Next, the north, a Forest with some sizable hills behind it, and probably because it's cold it is currently filled to the brim with mist atleast I Hope it's mist. Thanks to me only relying on my senses to form mental images instead of using light to see things, what I'm currently looking at is a bunch of densely packed trees with a grey hue. Except it only stays on the forest and it's surrounding areas and not everywhere. I can't see any living thing at the moment. So I'll leave that up to when I explore the place

Looking at the massive plains at the west is way too tiresome. The grass is tall which would be perfect for creatures like the Xenomorph but the fact that I have no places to hide the future Hive sucks. So that's not even worth considering. Besides, I'm not playing a game of hide and seek with the inhabitants there.

Last is south. The building I came out from is currently blocking the way which is bullshit since I can't see what's on other side but the tall mountains could more or less be an indication that the place is a perfect spot if I ever want to go hiking, which I is currently not possible. So it's a no.

Ok! The desert or the place where the hellspawn called Florentine lives in...

The desert will surely make me struggle considering that the place probably has no easy host. What even lives there actually? Living cactuses? What kind food does the worms and the vultures eat? It's also probably very hard to turn the creatures there into eggs let alone impregnate them.

No matter how much I think about it making a hive in the desert is just way too impossible. Even if isn't necessary I can eat sand to sustain myself in there. There's nothing good in the desert! But Florentine lives in the forest so I'll just have to make do. Better than accidentally bumping into her while I'm in there. The sand dunes are also a good place to build a hive in! Assuming that there is enough space inside them of course.

[So you're going to the desert? Why? Are you really that scared of Florentine? Wouldn't it be better if you could find her tribe and communicate with them? You and I still know very little about this world and besides, the forest has more than enough hiding spots if you really want to run away from your "wife". There are probably more tribes in this forest. Speaking of tribes if the desert does have human settlements they are probably extremely hostile, not only because of the environment and also because of how you look. So just swallow your fear, pride, or whatever and just go inside the forest!]

You have a point... fine. And that speech was so goddamn passionate do you have a grudge against deserts or something?

[I hate the heat I guess? I'm still female you know. And besides the forest is more efficient than the desert in terms of everything.]

Ok, so the forest it is then.

4