Chapter 18
312 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This forest is extremely welcoming huh? Cobwebs, Mist? I think? And owl sounds echoing around us ,gives a perfect haunted house vibe doesn't it?

This place really is perfect for creatures like the xenomorph! The color trees around me come in an assortment of rich maple, grayish-brown, with some yellow here and there, unfamiliar, sure. But these are trees either way! It's not like one of them will suddenly get animated and try to kill me right? What are the chances of THAT happening?

That certainly wouldn't be bad though... especially since I haven't tried using my [shed] yet. Won't try using this cursed, borrowed, and evil power that comes from my ring though. It came from sin! And thus I shall refrain from using it! Or else I will bear the consequences!

[What a noble way of thinking. And just like a hero you also act stupid why would you not use a power that's part of your arsenal? The only thing that's different is that you don't have a world to save. And probably many others.]

Role-playing. Its called role-playing. Of course I'll use Florentine's power why wouldn't I?! We both know how powerful she is. And she's only started! Besides, it certainly would suck if a tree attacked me right now. Not like I would love to test how effective I am at combat! Nope! Not at all!

Perhaps the jinx didn't quite work out... as I found a suitable place to start a hive in after a while. A bunch of densely packed trees big enough to fit creatures my size and smaller a perfect place to proceed with the plan in which I hope that I could take on anything my size that comes my way. As to how strong the creatures that live here really are, is beyond me

And so, with this place I started making my new hive that will hopefully not get destroyed in the future. As I found spitting around the trees quite ineffective after while of building, I decided that maybe I should try and slather my hands with my own saliva and see the results from there.

And sure enough it worked. Rubbing my saliva field hands on the trees have proven to be more or less effective. Also, I found out that the trees rot and get rebuild anew after the hive resin fully consumes it, which is neat I guess? Either way. This thing may spread out on it's own seeing that not only did the trees get fully "Hivefied" down to the root the resin also spread out to the soil below the tree.

Hoping that the hive would really spread out on it's own, I decided that I should close or atleast barricade it in a way that predators would struggle when they try to chase me. Hive resin that's connected between trees should shatter my enemie's confidence right? And if it doesn't, surely surprise attacks as he tries his best to navigate this maze would. I think. Well that I'll face that problem once it shows itself. For now I'll focus on building.

After putting up "barricades" on the most convenient spots I could find I went ahead and put up a hive node on I think is the most center spot of this place.

Now my new hive is complete! Spanning several meters this place could serve as a sanctuary if a problem presents itself! Now I could create without any outside interference! Oh yeah, how many points did I get from building the hive?

[None. You'll have to wait till sunrise for your points to reset.]

Oh. Isn't that a bit too unfair? I won't be able to buy all the things that are sold there at this rate

[You get what you get. I won't be able to interfere with that place any further.]

Well... what now? Surely the sun will rise soon right? The stars are starting to disappear, right now should be the perfect time to look for prey it'll be daylight before I find something in a place like this. If not, we'll wait till day before we capture it.

With that goal in mind I left the hive to look for prey, maybe even finding the river Florentine was talking about so I know what to avoid around here.

While running around I noticed a few things, that certainly wasn't obvious before but now that I think about it this place has a very ominous presence, if i had hair they all would be standing up by now. My sharper senses, specifically smell is picking up a trail of blood.

[Perhaps you might be mistaken?]

I've been showered by the thing before there's no way that I'm mistaken it's not old and not new either, as for how many days has it been left out I dont know.

I knew it. It didn't take long for me to find it either.

[A sacrifice]

Right. The thing in front of me was definitely something I didn't expect, a stone altar with a human more accurately a young woman corpse on top, her belly has been split open her organs missing. As to what happened to her, I can only roughly guess

Looking at the plastic box full of blood beside her I assume that maybe they were trying to fill it back up. Cultists. That's so cliche. Looks like people were trying to appeal your kind.

[Indeed. We should go back here soon. Maybe another sacrifice will occur.]

I will, these guys should be useful. Maybe you have a way to give me these kinds of supplies as well?

[I do.]

Good. For now, I'll look for the river, maybe there's something useful there.

2