Chapter 19
288 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still no sign of anything, I feel like its been hours since we left that altar ugh... where the fuck is this thing?! Finding a river is supposed to be easy! Especially if your senses are much, much more sharper than normal!

[You're being over dramatic. Maybe instead of running back and forth you should just pick one and go straight to your destination, maybe that'll work?]

I guess your right. But what should I pick here? Ignore the flashes of light that appear beside me from time-to-time and go straight to said river or go to the place where the light may have originated from? These two choices are so hard to make! On one hand I want to find the place where Florentine lives so that I could avoid her without any problems on the other I have a chance to test my combat ability!

[Actually, have you ever been to a real fight before?]

Nope! Besides! The zombies were pretty easy to kill right? And I could probably do something cool with this new body of mine right?! Alright that's it I'm picking the light. Screw the river! I already built my hive Florentine already knows what Hive resin looks like anyways. Not like I could hide that place from her.

What the fuck is this? Once I arrived at the place where I assumed the light came from I was greeted by a scene of two beasts fighting, one was this fire-breathing red bear with a hulking frame equipped with claws that's probably more than capable of tearing me in half and the other is this white fox creature who's tail is currently floating while glowing white, and that's it. The only thing this pathetic beast has been doing is dodging the bears attacks, it doesn't fight back or anything, it just avoids the bears claws. If you don't wanna fight then run away you dumbass!

I was watching the battle while constantly spewing curses for the fox on my mind. Doubt she could hear me though.

[It looked this way several times now. It probably hears you. The Fenrir's glare that's full of hate was always directed at the exact place your crouching at]

Fenrir? The legendary beast? That one?

[Yep.]

Then why the fuck is it losing then? Shouldn't it use magic or something?! Aren't legendary beasts known for their magic and blessings? And it can hear my thoughts without it being the target so the fenrir's probably pretty strong. Then why doesn't it fight back? Maybe it doesn't know how to use it's abilities yet?

[Highly doubt that. And you were insulting her directly by the way.]

Yeah, yeah, fair enough. I'll go apologize after I finish helping her, I can't just ignore a damsel in distress after all, so I'll go and help her! Since it doesn't really hurt me to help a potential ally and host.

With that being said, I immediately leaped out of the bush to help her on killing this bear

And to my surprise, the ones on the battlefield themselves weren't surprised. It's like they were expecting me. Was my hiding spot that obvious? Or maybe it's because I suck at hiding? Maybe they felt my presence around them? Not possible, I have always been an expert at hiding in the background. Maybe I should re-evaluate my competence. It seems that I still have much to learn. Well fuck me and my expectations. I thought turning into a Xenomorph would grant me special combat prowess or someshit. Guess the zombies were just easy to kill. I can't even hide in the bushes properly, and I'm clearly too inexperienced to fight anyone here properly. Now what?

I run, obviously, as I have already shown myself they probably expect that I would go for the spoils of war. And damn right I will.

I thought that, that would a good reason for both of them to stop fighting but, it clearly wasn't. Evident from the same light once again flashing from time to time, the two of them kept fighting. Both of them clearly stepped up their game as this time around, furious winds howled about, and as for the bear, well the thing's claws have clearly been heated up considering that they're now red instead of white.

Even though this distance is enough for me to be safe from their fight I'm still pretty bummed out at not being able to participate. This thing has been going on for who knows how long, but the sun is clearly up it has been for quite a while now. I just hope that me sitting here idly waiting for one of them to fall is worth it. If both of them live it clearly is, but I'm fine with just one. The Xeno that will come out of these two should be able to help me out significantly I think.

Even though it's a "legendary" beast the Fenrir has been on edge for some time now. The bear's high stamina and vitality is too much for her I think. Saying this metaphorically, she's fucked, in more ways than one.

Not only is she too inexperienced in fighting, not that I have to right to say it but, even an amateur like me can see something's wrong you know? Same thing for her magic too. I feel like it's too weak, no, it is weak, it barely harms the bear! And the wounds aren't deep enough for them to bleed them bear out!

Well, she's clearly losing, so while I'm waiting, I'll make preparations to successfully capture the bear after she finally, does fall.

2