Chapter 20
418 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ok! 4 crude wooden spears should be enough to take this thing down. Wish I had more, but the Fenrir is already starting to get worn out, I have no time to make any more. Finding long thick branches shouldn't be a problem in this forest, I'm sure that there are more juvenile saplings lying around here somewhere, the problem is time. I have no time to find them. If I want to impregnate both the Fenrir and the bear now should be the perfect time to move.

Earlier, at the peak of their fight, not only did both the Fenrir and the Red Bear looked cool, they were powerful and I mean, Powerful.

The Fenrir's fur flew and glowed with an angelic white light that made smoke rise from the plants it simply touched, her tail puffed up as electricity crackles through it, her four legs burned with blue fire that danced in a weird, graceful but furious manner almost as if it wanted to swallow everything around it, both wind and water circled around her body, the thin, worm, like sashes of wind and water gracefully slithered around, awaiting for her order, the Fenrir looked invincible with the earth armor that she wore. And finally, a halo made from all of the elements I previously mentioned. It had both magma and water flowing through it's earth ring, as clouds and steam floated atop and below respectively. If I could have described how she looked, the word would be "powerful".

But in the end it was just a title and no matter how cool the elements around her looked it wouldn't help against the bear's burning fur and slashes that literally left a blazing trail in the air.

Her attacks simply didn't work, matter how many times she whipped the bear with wind and water, the blue flames on her legs even if it was considered stronger couldn't damage a creature filled with the same thing the same could be said when it comes to the light. Her earth armor turned into magma as the bear's claws tore through it like butter damaging her with every swipe. She stood no chance from the very beginning. Which is sad but, a host is still a host.

Not that the Fenrir wasn't powerful I think she just lacked experience. I think. Eventually their flames grew stronger and exploded causing both of them to not only lose their "form" but also damaging them greatly. Especially the bear, while the Fenrir's legs was the only one's in flames the thing was covered in it. Apparently while highly resistant from anything hot especially when it was in it's "form" it isn't immune which is nice to know for future reference.

And now we're here. Both of them weakened and barely holding on. I rushed to the scene like a hero that's determined to save his princess.

Being unguarded with dull senses means that I could take care of this bear easily once I successfully cling to his exposed back. Obviously, since he was currently easy prey, I did.

With two spears on each hand I leaped and successfully got to stab them in the bear's surprisingly soft shoulders who was still occupied and too tired to react to my attack fast enough. I had expected this outcome easily but this in of itself was a mistake, as I was too busy to think about anything else except for his potential counter attacks I completely forgot to think about the kind of skill he might have possessed, leading me to a situation where the other-half of the spears that was buried on his body fell off, with the side of the stick that went inside him charred black and still sizzling with small to medium embers.

Thankfully, one spear from my weaker arm didn't get buried deep enough for it to be useless. The sharp end may be gone, but my will isn't! I yelled mentally

[Edgy.]

Using both of my arms to hold the stick sideways not only did I successfully block his incoming attack I also got to use the momentum that I got from that hit to propel myself off his body. Even with disjointed arms and broken hip I probably hadn't reach the threshold where I could shed. Knowing that this was a losing battle I was planning to run away again, the Fenrir might die yes but at very least I'll live! There's no point of keeping a host if the Xeno that'll come out of it won't have the chance to protect me.

That was the original plan though. Fortunately, miss Fenrir herself sent me a message mentally.

Team up with me! I don't know what's your motive for being here but we probably have the same enemy right? Let's work together for the time being!

Ahhhhh, what a soft and mellow voice that belonged to a teenager, so young yet so fierce! How are you getting into fights at this young age? I wonder

Give me a reason for helping you. I replied.

Do I need a reason? We're both gonna die if we dont work together! Once again, her voice rang out. More assertive but also quite desperate.

You. You're the one who's dying. Not me. I retorted coldly

Fine! You coward! You have no shame! You dare leave a female to fend for herself?! Pathetic! She says as she fired a beam of light from her mouth hitting the bears paw that was coming my way.

I dont even know who's the good guy here you know? For all I know you might have killed his family and now he wants revenge.

How stupid! I can't even kill one of them let alone an entire family! And if it did have one, I wouldn't dare to touch them. I don't like killing children but the one controlling the bear does! Ok?! I was supposed to be a sacrifice for the gods! But I woke up as this creature a few hours earlier. I do not know how much time had passed since then, but I know that one of the men responsible for my death is controlling this thing! Once I arrived at the altar I was sacrificed in there was already another young girl getting stabbed! So in anger from both mine and the death of many others I attacked them and mercilessly slaughtered them! There! Ok?! I'm a murderer! She said in a cracked voice. I already killed most his friends that couldn't escape but he fought back! So please, forgive me for my sins temporarily and once again. I ask you to help me! Just this once!

5