Chapter 143: Throw Down
2.7k 7 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a few FAV, or leave a comment, and a nice 5 star review would mean the world to me!

And you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping me do what I do time, thanks!

Waking up in the middle of the night to an awful ringing sound in his head. Harry wearily got up from bed.

He did not know at first what was that noise that kept on going in his head all day long.

"Waaaaaahhhhhhh, Waaaaaahhhhhhh, Waaaaaahhhhhhh!"

However he was getting sick of it, looking at the time, Harry saw that it wasn't even 20 minutes since he had gone to bed after his little escapade in the girl's dormitory.

Removing Hermione's arm from his chest, Harry got up from the bed rubbing his eyes while that god awful sound just continued echoing his mind merrily.

The only thing, Harry was glad for was that it wasn't blaring out loud, so that the girls weren't woken up. The only person facing true agony was him, and him alone.

Sitting there rubbing his forehead, Harry paused for a moment as his mind tried to catch up. He knew that sound, he could have sworn he set it up himself...

"Fuck!"

Cursing under his breath, Harry looked at his Lordship ring which was flashing merrily. This could only mean one thing... one of the girls was in trouble.

Harry blamed it on his sleepy mind that was 10 miles behind on why he didn't realize this sooner.

Hurriedly getting up from Hermione's bed, Harry tossed on some clothes while thinking things through.

After he had the goblins create several of these danger alert amulets he gave them out to the girls. He knew they could handle themselves well, but better to be safe when sorry. Now with a dark lord roaming around the edges and out to get him, he had to have extra security around those he loves and cares for.

He knew of course it couldn't be Hermione or Lavender who were in danger since they were here with him, fast asleep. Nevertheless not wanting to waste any time dilly dialing, Harry tapped on his ring which was sending off a red light, and disappeared from where he was.

Appearing in a long, low underground room with rough stone walls and ceiling, from which round, greenish lamps were hanging on chains. A fire was crackling under an elaborately carved mantelpiece ahead of him, and several serpentine effigy and carving was posted every where with a large hanging of a green snake on top of the fireplace.

The place was dungeon-like room with greenish lamps and chairs. This dungeon extends partway under the lake, giving the light in the room a green tinge. The common room has lots of low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas; skulls; and dark wood cupboards. One of the wooden tables has a Wizard's Chess set on it. It is decorated with tapestries featuring the adventures of famous Medieval wizards and witches. It has quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one.

Harry knew where he was, he only been here once before long ago in his first year, but he never forget it.

The Slytherin house common room!

Turning around Harry saw that several Slytherins were gathered around in a crowd all circling around some thing that he couldn't make up since their silhouette blocked it.

Walking forward, harry had to push people aside as they uttered low grunts and loud heys. Some of them took notice of him, staring at him from his face to his faded scar.

Harry ignored them as he pushed on, his heart hammering in his heart. This was not good, not good at all.

Slytherins tend to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also have highly developed senses of self-preservation. This means that Slytherins tend to hesitate before acting, so as to weigh all possible outcomes before deciding exactly what should be done. Plus they also tended to be very cold to each other and especially others as well, just from what he could see no one was moving forward to do anything so this was a very bad sign.

Bumping into a very familiar person, Draco spun around with a shout already on his lips. "Watch where you are going you fool!" Then the pompous ass came to a stop when he saw him as his mouth begin to hang open in shock. Pansy Parkinson who was dressed in a gorgeous violet colored dress and who must have been Draco's date for the night turned around to see what was going on.

Pushing past, Harry heard the boy scream from behind him. "What the hell are you doing here, Potter?!"

Not paying any attention to him, Harry finally break through the millings bodies and walked into a scene he didn't expect.

Right in the center of a wide opening that the Slytherins were leaving be for the people standing there, Harry saw three familiar forms he knew very well. Tracey stood to the side while Daphne stood out with her wand raised while she held some one up in the air. Blaise Zabini also entered the cleared out clearing just at the same time as him, brushing at his coat as he squeezed past the milling crowd.

And that person turned out to be none other than Theodore Nott, he was floating a few feet off the ground while something very massive coiled around him.

The green lamps slid over a gigantic serpentine creature, of a vivid, poisonous green, curling tightly around Theodore who was slowly being strangled.

Taking a second look at the creature wrapped around the Slytherin boy, Harry was reminded of oh-so-familiar giant snake monster he was beaten back and defeated, a Basilisk. Harry's jaws hung open because it was a Basilisk he was staring at.

And it could only be one type of Basilisk, the one Harry gave to Daphne. It must have already hatched, but what had him aghast was how big it was. The damn thing was as big as a boa constrictor, the biggest muggle snake around and it had to be what, a few weeks old at best?!

Turning to Daphne, Harry walked forward and addressed her, "Hey, Daphne what's going on?"

Turning around to look at him, Harry saw the wrath in her eyes which burned like raging flames. He was so taken back he took a step back in surprise. Answering in an icy tone, she replied don't worry, "I have this," not even asking how he got in here or anything along those lines.

Turning to Tracey, Harry gave her a look asking what happened. The young witch only shook her head making later gestures. Blaise Zabini simply just shrugged his shoulder, not having a clue what was going on just like him.

Just then finally an adult came here to break things up as Professor Septima Vector came into the common room down from the stairs. She was in a lovely emerald green dress, showing that she had just come from the ball.

"What's going on here?" the older witch asked as the students quickly parted.

Before anyone could give answer, another voice cut through the air. "I would like to know that as well!"

This time the person to enter was someone he rather not see, Professor Snape. The man was wearing a frippy dress robe that really looked long out of fashion.

"I can handle this on my own Professor Snape, thank you very much," Septima uttered as she placed a hand on her hip, glaring at the hooked nose man.

"It's alright, Professor Vector," the man replied as he took up a patronizing tone with her. "I can handle it from here... this might be too out of your range to handle."

Walking up to the man with her wand in hand, Septima it right in his face causing the man to go cross eye as he stared fixedly at the weapon pointed point blank in his face. A wand was after all like a gun to wizarding folk, and no one really wanted to do or say anything unnecessary when they had a rifle in their face.

"Tell me again, who is the Head house of Slytherin?" Septima asked coolly.

Face blanching, Snape when through numerous expression before he finally answered, "that would be you, Professor Vector, but I ca-...."

"Ahaha," the one said as she held out a finger to silence him. "That is all I wanted to hear from you, now please step back and keep your mouth shut so that I could do my job as Head house of Slytherin."

Without even giving him a chance to reply back, Septima turned around from him, putting him out of mind as she turned to this unusual situation on hand.

"Miss Greengrass could you please call back your familiar, and put down the student you are slowly choking to death!"

Glaring at the Slytherin boy, Snape had to open his mouth and shout, "Girl, put the Nott heir down right now!"

Spinning around in place and putting some magic in her voice, Professor Vector shouted back, "Would you shut your damn trap or should I do it for you!?"

Staring between the two professors as they glowered at each other, Harry ignored them and focused on Daphne. He knew she wasn't someone to lose her cool like this, so this punk had to have done something to anger her so.

"Daphne put please put him down, we can talk about this," Harry called out to the witch, he didn't want her to have blood in her hands and Nott was looking kind of purple right now.

"Yes, please," Septima added, "I shall see to it justice is done, no matter what."

"What is he doing here?" Snape asked as he narrowed his eyes on Harry. However no one was paying him any attention as everyone was drawn into the tense standmate.

Letting out a low growl, Daphne finally did as commanded and let Nott down as her Basilisk unwinded from him and slithered up to her. Harry watched in amusement as the snake slowly shrinks in size until a tiny serpentine creature wrapped itself around Daphne's arm.

"So tell me what happened here?" Professor Vector immediately begin, wanting to get to the bottom of things.

"Isn't obvious," Snape butted in, raising his nose up in the air. "She had tried to kill the Nott heir right before our eyes. Everyone has seen it, and you can prove it, right boy?" the man asked the Slytherin boy.

But Nott was too busy trying to catch his breath as he took in deep gulps like a fish that has found its way on land. Harry saw the underlying fear in his eyes as he only dared to take a glance towards Daphne's general direction.

"That is not true," Tracey cut in. "This wretched scumbag came in here all drunk on firewhiskey and tried to get uppity with Daphne. When she was having none of that, he started calling her a whore and other things I do not want to mention. Then seeing he wasn't getting his way, he started to try to get physical, and Daphne of course put him in his place. There is not wrong with how she reacted, and a lady could do anything to protect her honor."

"What?" Harry said, when he heard what Tracey said. This time it was him whose eyes blazed over as he stared at the despicable Slytherin laying on the floor.

Harry balled his hands into fists and was just about to react very violently, before Blaise reached out and rested a hand on his shoulder. Shaking his head at him, the Italian wizard whispered, "he isn't worth the effort."

Harry really didn't think that at all, but Septima spoke up before he could do anything he would regret. 

"Is this true, Mr. Nott?" the woman asked as her eyes narrowed on the detestable noble pureblood. Seeing how silent he was, Septima raised her voice to an unearthly level as it shook the very common room making students wobble in place and the ground tremble. "I SAID IS THIS TRUE!!!"

"So what if it is," Snape stepped forward. "She has physically assaulted a student with the intention to main. And anyway, it is her fault for associating with some undesirables and flaunting herself."

"Yea, it isn't like what Nott has been saying isn't true," Draco butting in coming to the front before everyone. "She has been spreading herself for Potter, a half blood for goodness sake. How can she blame except herse-..." 

Before the blonde haired ass could finish what he was saying, a telepathic blast sent him off his feet and up into the air. He crashed up against the fire place wall, hitting the wall with a loud thump, and coming crashing down to the floor bonelessly. He was out like a light, before he even hit the ground, and Pansy started to scream in answer. 

Then a large stream of fire came jetting towards Snape, who didn't even have time to take out his wand. All he could do was wave his cloak before himself, blocking the attack. 

Then as soon as flames disappeared, Harry came rushing through the empty gap with his wand in hand and murder in his eyes. 

He was pretty much done listening to them badmouth his betrothal right before his face, and beseeching her honor. Now was simply the time for action, consequence be damned.

[A/N: Things are about to heat up!]

Slytherin Common Room: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/612419249308243095/

***
Check out patreon, I am 25 chapters ahead!
Patreon/Mark_Ward

55