Chapter 145: Suspension
1.7k 8 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hope you are all doing well, it has been a while now, a lot of things seem to have coincided together all at once. Been going to therapy, lots of graduations came up that I had to go not the actual graduation since those have been limited but the after parties. And mine has come up as well, good bye college I guess, and hello work. 

However, that meant job hunting has been eating up a lot of my time. Though now that is finally over. 

So I am back now, expect things to get back on track now. Will update Got fanfic soon as well!

***

"Please, take a seat, my boy," the old man indicated to an empty chair in front of him.

Harry really wouldn't have preferred seating in between Draco and Snape, but he was left with no choice but to follow through with the old man's command.

"Well," Dumbledore begin as he stooped his finger, "where should we begin!"

Harry was sure as hell not going to be the first person to speak up and draw the ire of everyone down on himself, so he kept his mouth shut and silently sat back in his seat.

However some folk weren't as smart as him, Draco was the first one to begin whining. He had his left hand in a sling, even though Harry was sure as hell nothing was broken. The pompous ass really knew how to put on a good show as he made himself look bedraggled and in great pain.

"Headmaster, you have no idea all the pain that I had to go through! This... this bully," he said as he pointed at Harry, putting on a real emotional expression that could win him the Oscars at any time with his top notch acting. "Came in charging into your house common room, and then for no reason at all slung me against the wall. You have no idea the agony I suffered, Headmaster. I don't know if it is the Triwizard tournament getting to his head as he was able to sneak his way in and somehow win the first trial through who knows what means.

However, I... no all of us Slytherin students fear for our lives and safety. There is nothing we can do to stand up to this tyrant, who gets to run around doing whatever he wants. I implore you, Headmaster," he pleaded, adding a wonderful little break in his tone, "please put an end to his reign of terror!"

Finally taking a breath to collect himself, Draco was interpreted from saying anything else as clapping sounds filled the office. Everyone turned around to look at Harry who was applauding with all joy and gusto.

Ceasing when he saw he had everyone's attention, Harry looked at Draco and uttered, "Man, Draco, you really should look into getting into theater! Now that was indeed some very fine acting! You really need to give us dumb folk a pointer or two when you get a chance."

"Look at that," Snape jumped in with a triumphant look on his face as he pointed a thin boney finger at him. "He has no respect for anyone at all," he exclaimed and Harry had to do everything he could to hold himself from breaking out into a fit of laughter.

The man had a really bad lisp thanks to his missing teeth, and it was made all the more worse with his agitated state. Seemingly sensing the humor that Harry was holding back, Snap narrowed his eyes at him while he continued, "He doesn't care at all and continues on his way as if the world is his and we shall all bow down before his superiority. Just like his father, the exact same," he spat out with so much vehemence and hate.

"All I have to say to you, is that respect is earned not given," Harry chuckled, "that's why I don't have any for you, Snivellus!"

At the mention of his old nickname, the older wizard stirred in his chair as he made to get up, and most likely attack him where he stood.

However his attention was drawn by Sirius who growled, "Don't you dare, speak James's name, he was a better man than you, and will always be. And don't think you got off lightly, Snape," the Black family head stood there menacingly, "I shall see outside when everything is said and done as my honor demands satisfaction for daring to lay a finger on my godson!"

Narrowing his eyes at Sirius, Snape would have been jumping for joy at this opportunity to end his hated enemy once and for all without it coming back to him in a level duel. However being the traitorous, sneaky snake he was, the man looked down at himself at his battered and wounded body that Harry messed up pretty bad, and knew his chances wouldn't be that great in his current state.

"What about in a month's time," the greasy bat said, clearly hating to delay his joy in ending Sirius, but also wanting to favor his odds.

"That's enough," Professor McGonagall held out her hand before Sirius could answer and made the duel binding. "There will be no dueling to the death on this school's ground," she declared as she gave everyone a stern look.

"He isn't worth it, Sirius," Harry spoke up, then smiling at Snape, he added, "forget even stand a chance to a fourth year student, I don't think he could stand up to a chicken! Dueling him would be more of a dishonor than dueling a child."

"You make a fair point, pup," the wizard smiled wolfishly, though the joy didn't though his eyes, "he does look to be in a pretty bad state from 'exemplary demonstration,' no offense to your fighting prowesses!"

"None taken," Harry nodded his head, "you really should have seen him, flailing about like a helpless newborn baby as I ran circles around him!"

"AAAHHH," Snape finally snapped as he jumped off his seat causing the chair he was seated on to clatter to the ground. He stared at both Harry and Sirius with so much lived hate and hostility, Harry quickly prepared himself for another round of fighting. This time he knew he had the edge as Snape really was nothing more than a disabled man.

Before the fool could get anywhere, Dumbledore had him all tied up like a ribbon as the old man somehow without any handwaving or word, had Snape seated back in his seat, without the man unable to saw a word as his face went red when he made to speak.

"Must I do the same for the both of you, or will you behave?" Dumbledore asked the both of them with stern looks.

Getting shakes of the head or sullen silences, Draco had to butt in as he begin in a whining tone, "Headmaster, are you not going to do anything to them?" he asked in an accusatory tone.

"I think you, young man, should be more worried about yourself," the old schoolmaster answered back as he turned his eyes on the boy who drew his attention.

"What? Huh..." Draco stammered out looking confused, it really must be a first for him, not having things go his way.

"Professor Vector was kind enough to debrief me on what happened, before you all came here," the old man cleared up the confusion written on Draco's face.

Septima who was off to the side was kind enough to nod her head in an affirmative.

"I know perfectly well how you added fuel to the flame, Mr. Malfoy! And you barely suffered at all compared to the other grievous injuries that have been dealt last night!"

"Look at my arm," Draco exclaimed, not believing his bullshit was working at all on anyone. "I am in constant pain thanks to what he did to me," he spat out.

"It was only a little push, come on and man up," Harry shrugged his shoulder, not giving to fucks at all what the ass was sprouting.

"You barely have any bruising at all," Madam Pomfrey snorted, "Merlin only knows why you decided to put on that sling!"

"Yea, we remember how yeh got through us with your lies abou' Buckbeak. Poor, boy never deserved the ax," he shed a tear as he took out his handkerchief and sniffed into it.

"There, there," Professor Flitwick said as he rested a palm on the big man to ease him.

Looking at the Hagrid, Harry caught the big man's eye as he winked at him. Shaking his head to himself and chuckling amusedly, he never knew that the big man had it in him.

"You... can't d- do this," Draco shrilly cried out as he saw that the corners were finally closing on him.

"Please calm down, Mr. Malfoy," Dumbledore waved his hand to ease the frantic boy, however, the fool just carried on.

"My father will hear about this unjust treatment," he cried out as he widly looked around at everyone. "He will know how you treated me, and how you should preferential to this... this filthy half-blood," he bite out.

Slamming his fist down on the table, Dumbledore looked angry for the first time ever. "That is enough! You will spend the remaining school year in detention with Mr. Filch, doing the tasks he sets you upon while thinking about your actions and words. And before you utter your father's name," Dumbledore said as he waved a finger at the boy.

"Remember he has lost all power and respect he used to have. And now I doubt he will even keep his family home..." the old man added as he only cast a single glance in Sirius's direction.

Going absolutely red in the face, the idiot shouted, "he is still part of the Board of Governors, and he could have your scrawny ass removed from the Headmaster position at any time!"

"I also doubt that as well," the old man simply replied, "his seat is now being contended by Mr. Potter as we speak."

Waving politely at the ass when he spun around to face him, Harry uttered, "I really couldn't leave a man who unleashed dark magic on the school ground to remain part of the board overseeing the school."

"Simply put," Sirius snickered, "your father lost nearly all his power thanks to his bad moves, and is now basically a nobody.

"Why don't you come with me," Filch said as he stepped out of the corner he was in. Watching as the dumbfounded idiot was dragged out, Harry couldn't help chuckling to himself as the ass was once and for all put in his place.

"Why do you find so funny, Mr. Potter," Dumbledore asked, turning to look towards the old man Harry saw that there was no grandfatherly kindness in his expression, just only severity on his face.

Seeing his mood, Harry knew he was in for a heck of a time!

"I am really disappointed in how you have conducted yourself," the old man stated.

"But..." Harry tried to start, but was cut off as the powerful wizard held out a hand.

"No, buts, it does not matter why you have done what you have. The point still stands, you attacked both a student and a staff member of this school which is grounds for immediate action on my part."

"You must consider the circumstances, Albus," Sirius spoke up for him on his behalf. "They besmirched his betrothal honor, so it is his right as a lord of this land to seek his satisfaction. They are lucky that they didn't end up as a stain on the ground," he chafed as his eyes landed on both Snape and Nott.

"The point still stands, he has attacked a student and teacher," the old man repeated. "And you don't have to worry yourself," he added for Sirius's benefit. "Everyone shall be dealt out their proper punishment!" he emphasized the point with a heavy pause.

Then looking back on Harry, he pronounced, "Harry, my boy, I say this with a heavy heart, but I won't stand for any violence in my school, that is why you shall have a one month suspension from school effective immediately. Take that time to think on what you did, and reflect on your action!"

"Snape," the old man said as he turned to the hooked nose man who was finally allowed to speak. "You will take leave of absence for the rest of the year as you are suspended without pay!"

"What!?" the greasy bat shouted, disbelieving at what he was hearing.

"You heard me," Dumbledore said, "you are suspended for incompetence, conduct unbecoming of a teacher, failure to attend to duties, and failure to carry out reasonable orders and directions. And the list goes on from there, do you want me to get into greater detail?"

Finally being able to splutter out a hasty reply, Snape made to defend himself. "This is just unreasonable, Albus! I am a vaunted member of this school. You can't just suspend me for trying to discipline a rowdy student!"

"Yea, and how did that go," Harry chuckled.

"If only it was that," Dumbledore said with a shake of his head, "You have shown all year long that you can not be able to control your temper and behavior, Severus. You have shown conduct unbecoming of a staff member of this school as you have continued to demonstrate a lack of restraint. And I told you what would happen if you continued this way. Now take the rest of the year off, I shall take charge of your classes for now, and reflect on your conduct."

Snape was left utterly silenced, his mouth continued to flap open and shut like a fish stuck on land.

Not giving him the time of day anymore, Dumbledore turned to the final and chief instigator. "Mr. Nott," the old man begin, but he was cut off as Theodore held his nose in the air.

"So am I to get cleaning duty with that squib?"

"No!" the old man answered.

"Suspension for a month like this pleb?"

"No-"

"Seriously, for the rest of the year," the Slytherin boy sighed out.

"No as well," Dumbledore forcefully got out, "this is the first time as Headmaster I had to do this, but for your action, Mr. Nott. I will have to expel you! We do not stand for trying to assault other students and nor shall we ever! That is why you shall be an example for anyone else who has funny thoughts about doing the same thing on school grounds."

Unlike Draco and Snape you have a very violent reaction to their punishment, Theodore only remained silent.

"Alright fine," the boy replied with a shrug."My father always did want me to go to Durmstrang Institute. Hogwarts isn't what it used to be.."

"Sadly, you will find that impossible, after your father's fall from grace as he now awaits his trial in Azkaban," the old man shook his head. "And Igor Karkaroff does have an adverse feeling for any past Death Eater, especially those sprouting bringing back their Dark Lord!"

Seeing that all the matters was settled, Harry made to get up, ready to pack in for the day. However before he left, he turned to Theodore, "I am really glad I have some time off from school! I think I would be using it to wipe your family off the map, permanently!"

***

Check out patreon, I am 25 chapters ahead!

Patreon/Mark_Ward

52