Chapter 12
2.7k 14 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Claire PoV] (She won the poll so this chapter will be with her PoV)

Entering the dungeon gave me an ominous feeling. Since I am a half vampire I could sense it'll be more challenging than your usual dungeon. My eyes went on adventurers moving ahead of me and I wondered how many will die. Then my gaze went on that rookie adventurer, who isn't as simple. Everyone was on their guard but only he and the other woman named Amelia had a relaxed attitude like they are on a picnic.

And the other girl on his side is also a mystery, it's hard to swallow that she surprisingly managed to defeat Borden. But my main target for now is Max, he has so strong blood scent that I am barely managing myself to hold back. I have never craved blood so intensely before, sensing my gaze he looked back, I just smiled at him while licking my fangs.

'Don't worry, I have a plan, you will either leave this dungeon as my slave or won't leave at all,' I thought.

The tomb was dark, it's walls were made up of mainly stones. Though it was dark but with my eyes, I could clearly see everything. Someone in the middle of formation cast a spell that formed orbs of light illuminating the surroundings.

We were not attacked immediately upon entering but soon from the end of the hallway mob of skeletons appeared. I guess I should go to the front and help my men deal with the problem.

While moving forward I stomped my foot on Max's foot. I just wanted to relieve a little bit of frustration.

"Hey, what's the big idea," he said.

PA!!!!!!!!!

And smacked my ass in return.

I wanted to rebuke him but seeing white dressed bitch gritting her teeth in anger, I stuck out my tongue to agitate her more. She tried to step towards me but Max held her arm.

"Calm down, will ya," Max said in a relaxed tone.

"Yes, Master," she said with a clenched jaw.

'Fufufu it's fun teasing this bitch'

Moving own I arrived at the front of the formation, these weak skeletons were no match for veteran adventurers. But I wanted a piece of the action, I always fight at frontline regardless of circumstances, that's how I have earned the respect despite being half elf and half vampire.

Elves have a low birth rate and a vampire's ability to reproduce is even lesser. So, my birth is no less than a miracle. Being an outcast I have made name for myself and became a gold ranked adventurer. People who are as strong as me in this kingdom can be counted on one hand and if I go all out by putting my life on line then there's hardly anyone who can defeat me here. Having two bloodlines came with its own advantages. I can use elemental spells of both Darkness and Earth/Nature.

There were at least 25 skeletons warriors and 10 skeletons archers. I left the skeleton warriors to others, dealing with them easy, but those at the back shooting arrows were troublesome. Luckily, so far no one was injured.

<Earth Launch>

I cast a spell, dozens of large stones from the floor and surrounding tore out, arriving in front of me, then I launched them forward precisely aiming at the archers, they all struck the mark breaking apart all of them.

I looked back and gave Max a smug face, he smiled at me and waved his hands and I don't know what happened but all the fighting skeletons warriors turned into bone powder.

Bitch Amelia gave me a mocking me smile and wrapped her hands around Max and blondie didn't even look at me, not losing to Amelia she also held his hands pressing her boobs against his arms.

Massaging my eyebrows I took the lead of party, there were only low level skeletons on Floor 1. In a few hours, we finally reached the stairway that led to the next floor.

Arriving on the second floor we were immediately ambushed by Skeleton Monks and Skeletons Warriors. This time they had better swords and levels than before. Nonetheless, with luck, we survived the ambush without any casualty.

Like this, we fought our way through Floor 2 to Floor 9 in two days. With every floor, difficulty rose higher, with simple skeletons to fully equipped skeletons knight, Warhorse horse skeletons, and so on, we dealt with all of them. Max didn't lift the finger all the time, only Myra fought under the guidance of bitch.

Now we were resting in a safe room. It was a big room that can easily accommodate our party with big gates that were shut tight. In every dungeon, there's a floor boss every 10 levels and just before dealing with him, there is a safe room, where one can catch a breath. It is always recommended to travel in a huge party because it may take days or weeks before reaching from one safe room to another, and with a huge party some people can rest while others could be on guard.

Everyone was singing and drinking because so far dungeon was easy and other than some minor injuries nobody died. It's a way of adventurers to relieve stress where they can and this safe room is the best haven for them. Max was sitting around a fire surrounded by both girls. I didn't mind him much, I was sleepy and drifted off to sleep in all the commotion. We had a great battle ahead of us tomorrow.

Author's Note: So, we finally did it, yesterday this novel was on Trending #1. Thanks for all the support. There'll be much more revealed about Claire later and I'll do her some character development.
P.S Sorry if the plot didn't move much in this chapter, I wanted to add boss fight in this chapter but I am sleepy right now and want to release this ch tonight and if there are mistakes tell me in comments I'll edit them. I'll try to release another chapter by the end of the week but no promises.

69