34. Aquantum
1.3k 42 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nice. So somehow this floor has no monsters so far. I don’t really know how is that even possible but it has literally zero monsters.

Well if I don’t count myself at least…

No spawn points would probably be the reason but it is still weird.

I was still tailing the group of mermaids.

I think it is exclusively used by mermaids? That’s some damn impressive feat, reminds me of Candace all over again but this is way bigger space than that tiny lair.

Because of that I decided to undo my presence hiding. Aqua was the first one to notice me and was a bit shaken but soon she was looking at me normally.

The rest of the mermaids not so much. Like I get it, I am a monster but stop being like this. I could clearly see them starting to point the tridents my way a bit again.

Are they really that scared of me?

¨Could we get moving again? I thought I don’t need to hide myself because there are no enemies in this entire floor…¨

 I think that the more I talk the more they are dumbfounded by what I say. Not only are the mermaids clearly shocked by what I uttered but they also are genuinely scared of me. Like what is happening?

Oh… it has to be my mana again. Since we got into this floor something has changed and I am emanating some aura again. When I was hidden it was probably hard or nearly impossible to pick up but now clearly in open.

I focused a bit on the source and it has been my core. I just deactivated it. No matter what it is… it is doin more harm than good right now.

¨Happy now?¨ Seriously I should stop. I think the mere fact I deactivated my aura was enough to make them surprised again.

Aqua quickly intervened before anything could go wrong again.

¨Lets go, we are almost home¨

Everyone was again on the way towards what would seem like city to me and my senses. I could clearly feel it for quite a while already. It was somewhat hidden but not only my senses got upgraded again but I had also the luxury of not being distracted by anything else. So I picked up on the slight signs there and there and then it was easy to distinguish what it actually is.

It was huge. I mean I never even knew the relative size of my own damn city when I used to be alive as human but I would assume that it was slightly bigger than that. That’s some impressive feat yet again fish girls.

¨It looks impressive already to me. I am glad you are taking me with you¨

Oh my god… I should really stop. It seems so that literally every time I open my mouth I make things worse for myself. Even Aqua is clearly distressed by what I said….

¨You can feel our city? Do you know where it is? Or how big it is?¨

¨Yes… I can. I can for quite a while already¨

Man what is so impressive about that beats me. But they almost refuse to believe me other than Aqua it seems that they just purely don’t trust me on that one.

We were already so close to the city that I am genuinely impressed that I have to try so hard to actually notice it. My eyes can see it but I know that’s not normal and very shortly after we passed a barrier of some sort I was only ensured of it because I could see the city clearly without any of my extra senses helping to distinguish it. I guess that was also some illusion magic. Very strong.

¨Again Felix. This is our home. Welcome to floor twenty. Welcome to Aquantum¨

It looks amazing. I think this is straight up looking like taken from fairy tales. The entire city has this blue like lights all over the place. The buildings are mushrooms or some buildings out of rocks and such but mostly it is so big and looks so pretty. It almost feel like this is not dungeon anymore. Underwater cities always looked really nice everywhere I saw it and it looks like different world or reality doesn’t change that fact.

There is just something super smooth about the lights. They are blue and it clearly pierced the darkness of the place so nicely.

¨Felix you are weird. You are already standing there for over five minutes. Do you like what you see?¨

You have no idea. This is so cool.

¨Yes. I have never seen anything nicer than this. The only problem I have is that your people are starting to mobilize a strike force to take me down¨

Aqua didn’t even realize the other mermaids were gone and despite all my interest in the native architecture I wouldn’t miss so many potential threats to me.

¨I am really sorry for that Felix. I will do something about it. Please stay here. Don’t move and don’t do anything with your mana either. Please¨

I think she trusts me but still you better hurry or I don’t think I can promise not doing anything.

¨Okay. I will wait¨

While I was busy waiting… she somehow managed to stop the advancements of the witch hunt for me so I had enough time to completely soak in the amazing sight I was seeing.

It was really amazing. So many mermaids and I think there were even male mermaids here. Some of those mermaids watching me but most of them didn’t seem to care. The city itself was neatly organized. It felt to me that there were no random buildings. Despite the fact that some of them were literally mushrooms. I think I even saw a starfish building. Yes that is starfish. That’s awesome.

It got boring really fast though. I think few hours passed. It was getting on my nerves but I promised I wouldn’t move or anything so I did just that.

Freaking hell. I am so tempted to just sleep but that would be a bit too much brave in this situation. But damn this is so boring.

I was so tempted to experiment with mana and its usage but remembered that was banned by Aqua too… damn she really thought about everything. At this rate they already killed me mentally.

URGHHH!!! Bored.

Fortunately before I started doing random shit with mana I could pick on Aqua surrounded by plenty of men. I guess her guards.

It didn’t take too long before they got close to me. Aqua was a bit hesitant but not for long.

¨Felix. I promise you, you wouldn’t get hurt but we need to make sure you don’t do anything to us while you are here¨

She was clearly puzzled at what to say next and I had a feeling that her guards would step in any time soon. So instead I did first.

¨Sure. Whatever you need to do, just tell me what it is first¨

¨Felix…. We will give you a special bracelet on your leg. It will seal away your usage of mana and then we can proceed¨

So they want to cripple me? Aint that bad. I think that maybe if I give them some trust then we can finally look past the monster thing and have proper relationship.

¨Sure if that’s it. No problem¨

She was a bit surprised because she knew I use mana so much but also happy that I didn’t refuse.

When she put the bracelet on my hand…. Oh my god.

It felt like I cannot breath. I felt like shit, my senses were killed by that too.

I still could see and all that but compared to before I felt like blind, deaf etc.

I was also sure that I started taking some small damage. Not for long but I knew I did a bit.

The process continued for a while and I felt more and more shit overall and then the bracelet just broke instantly rebooting all my senses and I felt alive again.

¨You vile beast, what have you done?¨ One of the guards around Aqua was ready to strike me down. Pitiful dude.

¨I just took single full breath and it broke¨

Aqua ensured everyone it is okay and that I will not hurt them and calmed down the clearly pissed soldier to chill.

¨Felix what did you do. Why did the bracelet broke, please answer honestly¨

Damn I am such a sucker for Aqua. I think I could be her pet and that would be enough for me to be happy in this life…

¨Seriously… I don’t know. I felt really bad, I think it hurt me a little bit and then it just broke¨

Well I guess I am too awesome to seal.

37