35. Arena
1.3k 20 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not that long after I answered… probably they just don’t believe me, even Aqua seem to not really trust me on this one.

¨Listen, I have felt really bad… maybe next time you put some sealing device on a monster, make damn sure it works properly and it is not broken¨

I am actually very pissed. Not only did the shit sealing device broke on its own, I also agreed to something potentially very risky for a small chance to start some trust and it just backfired again.

I don’t care the whole process took only about few seconds I also felt like shit in that time and it was only getting worse until it broke. So I cannot even be sure if it was only a sealing device.

¨And just out of curiosity, was the sealing bracelet supposed to hurt me at all?¨

I could swear that most of the group including Aqua were visibly scared of me again. I don’t know what to take from that. Maybe a bit more push.

¨Were you trying to kill me with that Aqua?¨

One of the dudes, the same that called me vile beast before and accused me of doing something to the bracelet had enough.

¨CREATURE!! HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE OUR PRINCESS OF SUCH THINGS! WE ALLOW YOUR PRESENCE AND ARE SHOWING YOU HOSPITALITY AND YOU DARE SAY SUCH THINGS!!!¨

I think I trust him. I don’t think he is faking it at all. So I guess it wasn’t an attempt to kill me… but damn he is foolish.

Without Aqua being able to interject he used his trident to try to attack my face. I couldn’t tell if it was similar to what Lilia did but I will be damned if I get hit by the exact attack again.

I knew I cannot dodge... for whatever reason. So instead I used my tail to smash the dude right into face. With such speed I think I almost killed him. He even went into some of the other guards and even they had a bit problem to withstand the force of the guard smashing into them.

¨I have had enough Aqua. I have done nothing to you or your people. I am trying to befriend you but honestly I am starting to have doubts if that is even smart at this point. I even killed the stupid tentacle monster for you just to calm you down. The only thing I received from you guys, is stab in the face and hospitality as this dude said….¨

I knew she was about to say something but I still wasn’t done.

¨Now… let me say this fish people, I am not a monster that is trying to kill you. This was self defense, also I wonder how would you people like if someone went around and kick started all of the dry spawn points. This is floor twenty we are talking about right? NOW THAT, would be a worthwhile thing you people could provide to me¨

In retrospect I think I overdid it quite a bit but I was pretty much at breaking point. The only other person who was allowed to walk all over me ever before like that was my ex girlfriend that I dearly loved, probably still do. I will be damned if I do the same mistake twice. Hell Aqua isn’t even my girlfriend and I feel that she is already pretty much just using me.

Fucking hell. I know that I am a monster. I know that. I have literally been eating guts of dead monsters and it tasted like fucking chicken or something.

Does that mean I deserve being killed on sight?

I have patience. I would say I have A LOT of patience and I will give them a chance. But they better use that chance damn well. It is the only last chance they will get. Probably…

I was watching them all being pretty much ready to start fighting me off. I guess it didn’t help that I made my way towards Aqua.

¨Do not interject. This is between me and the monster¨

I was a bit hurt but sure. Seems a bit more honest now huh? I was standing literally in front of her and we were face to face.

¨Oho? So I am the monster here huh?¨

Now… don’t get distracted and say it. It is just words. Fuck em.

¨Listen little princess¨

Not that the rest couldn’t listen… after all I weirdly didn’t have the ability to single out conversation with them like they did. Well but on the other hand when they were talking secretly I could hear them as well so I guess everything has its pro and con. Maybe I will learn how to properly use this skill eventually.

¨I am not dumb. Despite being a monster, I realize too well that you had ulterior motives bringing me there. Be it safety of your home or anything else but I had none. I am genuinely trying to befriend you all and it is starting to hurt my feelings to see how fruitless that struggle is¨

Watching her eyes this closely I think I can tell she is a bit ashamed but she wasn’t about to just fess up.

¨Felix. You are a monster. We cannot trust you. It is that simple. Please understand¨

Again with this. I think I am getting really pissed. Patience. Patience Felix. Be the calm river.

¨Now what do you think monsters do when they are attacked? Or when they even see someone?¨

I think that she realized what I am about to say.

¨If I was such a monster you have me for. Why wouldn’t I kill you all already? After all, Lilia was right. I could use some experience and biomass¨

Now I think we are getting somewhere. I can tell Aqua and the rest of the group currently present might be finally realizing slowly that I might not be such a monster everyone thinks I am. The problem is that I have no time. I need to act quickly because the rest of the mermaids probably watching closely what is happening and I don’t think they will risk failure of negotiation when life of princess is at stake. I know I wouldn’t.

¨Now go and calm down your people or there would be some huge problems for your kind¨

I swear to god if I get attacked one more time I will destroy this city and everyone inside. At least I feel that way…

Aqua and the group were about to go away but I had one more thing to say.

¨Also heal that guy properly as fast as possible. I will need him very shortly¨

I think I saw a bit of disgust on Aqua face but I didn’t care.

¨After you calmed down your people I want to speak to your entire royal family and everyone that has some influence in the city including you, without any bodyguards present. We don’t want accidents happening¨

Well there goes the last friendly behavior for now that Aqua had for me I guess. I could’ve sworn she hates me now. Not that it would matter. If they prove hostile to me I will annihilate them anyways or run if I cannot. If they do what I wanted then I can start trusting them a little bit again. Maybe then we can befriend each other. Fake friendship sucks anyways.

I think I was waiting about five hours. It was calm but damn it was insanely boring. I could also see group of mermaids closely watching me at all times. They were somewhat close as well. Not that I would mind.

In that time I had another long proper look on the city as a whole. I could even see children playing around and such. Okay. Damn if they prove hostile I will just run. I was about to annihilate the city not even realizing there are absolutely innocent mermaids inside. Especially the children damn.

URGH…. Why is it that I have to deal with this even.

Out of pure boredom I started doing some mana tricks. I was moving mana around my body. Inside my body, I was shooting mana outside of the city and piling up huge mana around me only to disperse it eventually without it doing anything.

I could’ve sworn the mermaids on guard were panicking but I didn’t care. It was so boring I could’ve died any second purely because of boredom.

They didn’t really do anything either so It was fine.

They sure like to let me wait...

After another few hours where I finally lost my count. Not that I would be accurate on timing in general but I was sure it was at least few hours of waiting.

They finally decided to show up.

At first I was sure they are going into fight with me.

Aqua and bunch of royalty could be seen but I also saw a lot of impressive equipped fish people around them. Royal guard? They were even better equipped than the people that went there with Aqua first.

Oh god… so it comes to fighting after all. I will just run. Fuck it.

As I was about to run they were close enough to initiate talk. Not that I knew the max range of this but I guess it was barely enough.

Aqua was talking at first.

¨Wait. This is not how it looks like. Please have some faith¨

God damn. Aqua I swear to god if you are bamboozling me right now. I will hurt you.

Despite all my reasoning and especially because I demanded there be no guards I decided to still give them the benefit of the doubt.

They didn’t really take that long. Fortunately it seemed Aqua didn’t lie because all the guards were in the back behind all of the leaders. I think it was the king who is speaking right now.

¨We have come to you, just as you asked but we are not foolish to go without any guards. Speak what you will or we will get rid of you¨

I hate royalty already and this is my first time interacting with them.

¨Not that I would know how it works usually but I could’ve sworn that the proper behavior would be to at least introduce yourself, king of fish¨

Okay that was my last bitter provocation… I know people cannot usually change so fast so there is virtually no way a king would act like he isn’t one.

I also saw the reaction on all of the guards and I swear that if the king only so much as blinked in the bad manner at my remark a fight would break out.

¨As you wish monster. I am king Aquantum of the city Aquantum. This is my family and my most trusted men. Including my personal guards. They wouldn’t even listen to me if I told them not to come. We hold all the power in the city¨

I am actually impressed he didn’t even give a shit about my provocation. Well played king, well played.

¨Awesome. I am Felix. Nice to meet you all¨

Smooth… they totally give a shit about that I guess… haha.

¨Alright. I will be honest. I am hurt but I am not evil. I don’t want to destroy this city and I probably never would. Don’t test me on that but I really think I wouldn’t do it, despite all of your hospitality you gave me¨

I don’t know what I would expect the reactions to be but I guess being surprised by the sudden honesty is on point and they sure seemed surprised…

¨Anyways I know that Aqua brought me there for a reason. So if you want me to help you with something….¨

A dramatic pause is a must in this situation. Candace taught me well. She would be proud…

¨To even begin trusting you guys again. I demand something. It is very simple actually. Probably not going to be any problem for you guys at all¨

They seemed somewhat ready to accept whatever was, that I wanted. I guess I was spot on that they need me for something huh?

Alright this is my chance to get to see how fucked up they really are… I have no doubts that it will prove interesting.

¨Did you properly heal the guy as I asked Aqua?¨

It wasn’t her who replied. I think it would be the queen who replied.

¨Yes, the guard is healed and currently in custody¨

¨Splendid. Alright. I hate that guy and Lilia. If you want me to be friendly with you guys. I want you to force them to a fight, to the death¨

Now these faces are funny. I was expecting some very disgusted looks and sure from Aqua I got some but the rest of the fish people was like MEH? THAT’S IT?

That’s some interesting behavior if you ask me… The king replied to me very shortly.

¨It shall be. Come with us and we shall speak afterwards of the importance you could prove to us¨

Now… I refused to further communicate at all until the fight was done. I was very intent on that. It didn’t even take me that long to convince them that I would straight up refuse any interactions until the fight was done… so they made haste and we were already in somewhat arena like space. There even were spectators. Some even seemed as regular citizens and I could see even few children…. Did they just make this execution into entertainment?

That’s some fucked up shit right there.

They are actually going to do it.

It was hidden in a cave close by. I would guess that they use it as a training grounds.

Fish people including royalty were so ready. Out of everyone who was prepared for what is to come, I think only Aqua was genuinely not happy.

¨Let the fight begin¨

King said…

At that time I could clearly see the guy who tried to stab me coming out of a tunnel into the arena and on the opposite side was Lilia also coming out of a tunnel.

They made it a bit closer to each other, still refusing to believe what they were being forced to do.

Some of the guards around were ready to punish them already.

¨Our king has spoken and gave you a direct order. Does any of you want to live? DO IT!¨

Man thats some pressure. They don’t even get enough time to think it trough.

The guard of Aqua attacked first. Lilia barely managed to counter his attack with one of her own. They both had tridents and the same gear they had before.

I think they both did the whatever attack that I couldn’t dodge and it was only logical she couldn’t dodge it so had to counterattack it as well.

They continued like that for quite a while constantly attacking each other only to parry each and every attack but I could already tell. Lilia was holding back quite a bit and even then she was already getting small upper hand.

She started to gradually speed up and with pure regret in her face she was about to murder the guy.

I think he noticed that he is getting bested. Probably decided to go all out and did some weird thing with his mana. At that point it was getting so fast for me to even comprehend what is happening I had to speed up my thoughts in the brain. I used mana and accelerated my thoughts into the maximum to perceive what is happening properly. Time seemed to slow down…

The guy was clearly using his mana to speed up his body to the maximum. I think his muscle mass was even breaking under the heavy load.

Lilia wasn’t even sped up to such degree but out of nowhere she had her trident almost in the guys chest. I in fact knew very well she used a skill of some sort and felt very clearly the usage of mana. To some degree she could still match the guys speed at least with her senses and used a devastating attack on the guys chest. It was about to hit him right in the heart and I was sure she would murder him with that attack. The guys attack posed no danger to her if she managed to land the attack first which she was clearly about to do.

At this point I was disgusted by everything that happened. They treat me like monster… yet they have no problem to sacrifice their own people to amuse me. They also gave them no chance to refuse.

Who is the real monster here fish people. WHO?

I had enough. I even think that Lilia herself doesn’t want to do it. Only Aqua seemed remotely taken back with the situation currently unfolding…. What does that speak about her kind. They are clearly the monsters here.

I wanted to prove that I am better than them. Despite the fact that they acted hostile to me all this time. I just wanted to prove myself that I am better. That I wouldn’t ever become like them. That I will always value life mine or others. Even when I fight against monsters I will do it because I will have to.

They didn’t even attempt to negotiate anything. They just don’t give a fuck about the people that seemed the most passionate about protecting their kin.

I know they acted like dicks towards me but that doesn’t change the fact they were trying to protect others against what they thought was monster right in front of them. That is also why I went so easy on them.

I have to step in.

I knew that my bullet jump is nowhere near the speed required to interject… because we are underwater and all that… but I still didn’t gave up. There are things I can do even from such distance.

I focused really hard and most importantly fast. They were nearly finished, honestly all this was happening at such speed I was even surprised I can do anything.

I had picked up on the mana source in their bodies. And launched them from each other into the walls. And then I proceed to torpedo swim into middle of the arena and looked around before I spoke up.

¨LOOK AT YOU!!! LOOK AT YOU ALL! YOU SPEAK OF ME AS THE MONSTER! YET YOU HAVE NO CONSCIOUSNESS OF YOUR OWN ACTIONS! THIS WAS THE LAST CHANCE I GAVE YOU AND YOU FAILED! I WILL NEVER ASSOCIATE WITH ANYONE WHO IS SO WILLING TO SACRIFACE THEIR OWN KIN LIKE THAT¨

I could’ve sworn they are all in pain. Probably from the inner hammering of my loud voice.

That’s it I am done with them. No way I can ever trust them, if they cannot even trust each other.

If they have no trouble betraying each other it would be only matter of time before they did so to me.

As I was about to hide my presence and get lost…

¨Wait… please wait¨ Lilia was speaking. Most likely directly to me.

¨Thank you..¨

That’s all nice and dandy but I think I will just go before the guards will attempt to murder me. Which they already seem very intent on doing.

¨Wait Felix¨ Aqua was speaking. ¨EVERYONE STOP! DON’T DO ANYTHING¨

Curiously enough she does hold quite a bit of respect or something because everyone is listening to her commands.

¨Felix… please.. we will make it up to you. I swear we are not like this. We are desperate. We need you or we wouldn’t survive¨

I think the king was about to say something but queen stopped him and she just continued.

¨I am glad you are like this. I am really glad¨ I can see her tears.

¨You saved my guard and forgave our harsh treatment you very given, please help us¨

This is the only time I really believe what she was saying completely. She was literally crying as she was coming close to me. Even her people, including her family is touched.

Damn don’t do this to me Aqua. I might be a man but I can cry too. Even rats can cry.

She was super close to me. When she reached me she hugged me and continued.

¨We will make it up to you, I swear. We need you, we will die without you¨

You are making it nearly damn impossible for me to refuse. That’s not cool Aqua. I am not heartless….

¨Fine… ONE.LAST.CHANCE….¨

She better be very convincing or I swear I will not give a shit.

Aww but this feels nice. Nobody hugged me in this body yet.

I love it.

38