36. Guest
1.1k 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Okaaaay….. I don’t really want to say that I wouldn’t enjoy such beauty hugging me but damn it is starting to get embarrassing for me….

It took her quite a while to get calmer before she released her hug. Not that many people stayed in the arena… I think someone made them scatter while I was busy enjoying such passionate embrace.

Might have been my fabulous fur fault too but who knows.

¨Aqua are you okay now?¨

She was probably about to say something first but it was taking too long for my comfort. It better be a good reason anyways for her to stop me. I am really done with them unless something huge changes my mind.

Wasn’t even that much fault of the Lilia or the guard of Aqua…. Not even Aqua pissed me that much despite it was crystal clear that she wanted to use me from the beginning since sending me on the boss. How was it called Cthulhu? Hahaha no but that other name she said is too much bothersome to remember.

What pissed me off the most was the willingness of the royalty or even regular mermaids in general to sacrifice their own people. That’s just impossible to excuse… so I really wonder how is Aqua planning on convincing me otherwise.

¨Humans did it¨ Aqua spoke.

I mean what? That’s it? She is taking too damn long pauses. Is she some weird soul mate of Candace? Even Candace would already tell me what she wanted…

¨Humans made us like this. They are the reason why we are so bitter, hateful and have trouble trusting anything or anyone¨

I wonder what could possibly humans do to make entire race like this…

I am pretty sure I haven’t spoken that out loud but it felt like Aqua read my mind or something.

¨We were in war for a long time with them, they won. That’s the long story short but it wasn’t always like this. We helped them, we taught them and they betrayed us. That is at least how it is written in our chronicles¨

Yea… sounds like humans to me. Pretty sure using someone or something until it is no longer of value to us is our racial skill or something… haha.

¨What makes you think that I even know what humans are?¨

I just had to ask… she is talking about them as if it was the only thing that is universally obvious to everyone. Despite I am clearly a monster and usually if humans would see a monster they would kill it right?

¨I can tell. You wouldn’t act like you do unless you had encounter with them. No monster can be sophisticated like you unless it had something to do with humans. Probably some test of theirs. They are willing to test their theories without any hesitation¨

She was so damn sure on this one that it made me smile. She is also somewhat right but I doubt me reincarnating to this world had something to do with them…. However I cannot rule that out either since how could I really.

¨I have seen a human once. Saved her because she was about to be eaten by spider. That’s it, that was my only interaction with them¨

I swear to god I can feel her mana surging in the body. She isn’t doing anything with it but damn she is pissed. So pissed.

¨WHY DID YOU SAVE A HUMAN? YOU SHOULD’VE KILLED HER INSTEAD!!!¨

Whoooa so much hate. I can feel it. And boi the mana is somehow interacting with the water around us. I cannot really tell exactly what is happening but I know she is somehow linked with the water itself. I don’t even think I could tear that link apart. Maybe but it feels a bit more complicated to just tear it apart easily.

¨Calm down Aqua. For the same reason I didn’t kill you or others, I am a nice guy and wasn’t hungry or attacked¨

I can feel her being a bit more calm and the whatever she was doing with her mana was slowly gone as well. Makes me wonder why she didn’t do that before when we were alone. Maybe had reasons.

¨If what you are saying is true, you are in trouble. Humans will hunt you down. That would spell way more trouble than you are worth to us right now¨

Nice so instead of making me change my belief that your race is not even worth associating with… you would make sure that I think that for sure huh? It is only speculation on your part and you are already so ready to sever any contact hm…

That’s some pretty high level fuckery right there. I have no doubts humans are scum af in this world.

Sure, granted I shouldn’t really take her that seriously. It is only logical that someone who would lose a war to someone else would hate them. Sore losers exists and that’s just natural.

I do however believe her, what she said doesn’t seem that unlikely.

¨So that’s it? You think I might be hunted by humans and that’s why you give up on me? I don’t really need you guys. You need me, not that I would know why.¨

Aqua doesn’t really look like someone who would be this hateful. I think humans are really hated in this world. Monsters hating them makes sense, even Candace nearly killed me just because we were talking about them.

I just don’t understand why would she even think I might be hunted? Makes no sense to me.

¨You helped a human. You are a monster. They will hunt you down because you are not normal. Anything that isn’t normal in the eyes of humans is a threat. It is very simple actually¨

Can she somehow read my mind or so? I guess I have some facial features she can read or so.

At this point I was almost sure she wanted to tell me to fuck off or something but the king and queen came and interjected.

The queen was talking and I couldn’t shake the feeling that she somewhat looks at me very differently. Somehow like I just cannot put my finger on it completely but it feels way better than before. Even the king somewhat seems more friendly.

¨Aqua don’t be so rash. Felix is our guest. I have already send an elite hunting party to get him as much of good food as possible¨

She even sounded way more pleasant. I think she is trying to convey her feelings through the speech… well it is telepathy after all. It feels a lot more personal now. Even the king did the same.

¨Felix we will give you the utmost support we can. Aqua is young and doesn’t understand how monsters work In general. We know you are young. They would never expect you to be so deep. Also these shortcuts are only available to us. Humans do have some shortcuts too but they don’t know you are here¨

Not only he felt extremely confident in what he said. He also much same as the queen felt like speaking with feelings inside of those words. I cannot even grasp the full extent of what that means. It feels like empathy forced on me. I know they are genuinely trying to befriend me.

Talk about change of heart. It feels to good to be true.

¨I don’t know what made you change your heart so easily but I like it¨

After all it does feel good to have some friendly interactions with the mermaids. I also need to get as much info from them as I can. I don’t think I can find about classes on my own. It feels that there is something important that I need to know about. In general I know too little.

The queen and king just said to me.

¨You did, we can trust you. It feels unreal to trust a monster but we can trust you¨

It felt funny because they spoke almost in unison. Sure both of them put their own personal spin on it but the message was pretty much the same. They probably can feel emotions. Something about mine made them sure of it.

Aqua was absolutely not having this.

¨No mother and father. It is too risky. They have ways of knowing. They will find him and if they know we are helping him….. they will completely annihilate us¨

King was really sad about this…

¨They already did my child. You know that too well. Who knows how long until we find better solution than Felix. There might not be that many chances for us, we are running out of time¨

Queen also somewhat sad…

¨Besides it was you who led him there. You were never wrong and acted on your hunches and got us so far. Trust your instincts my child¨

I wonder about all this that is happening right now. I knew they need me but for what exactly? Well I have no doubts they will tell me eventually.

¨Felix go with Lilia. She will answer all of your questions and handle your visit to us for now. Please be patient with her she can be somewhat stubborn sometimes¨ Queen talking to me feels really nice… she is also really pretty when I finally paid attention to that.

I decided to listen to her obviously. I had a feeling that Aqua wouldn’t be the best companion right now. I wasn’t even listening to what she and her parents were talking about and went to Lilia.

Lilia was standing very close to the entrance to the arena. Lets hope we can be a bit more friendly now.

¨Hey Lilia. Sorry for tossing you into a wall back there….¨

¨Its fine. Lets go¨

Well I am following her. It is quite awkward. We are not really talking…

A bit of time passed and we reached one of the starfish like buildings.

¨This is your new cage… I mean room¨

Very funny Lilia. Haha….

¨Nice joke. You are going with me. Don’t just point me in, I need to talk to you anyways¨

She wanted to just show me my room or so and go away… nononono… I need information. I need tons of that.

¨Okay… as you wish¨

We went inside. It was quite spacious. There was something similar to pet bed on the ground. Not much furniture except one big table and few chairs.

They probably made this fast for me. Interesting.

¨So Lilia. We need to talk¨

29