42. Aura
1.1k 26 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alright so that went relatively well.

I have lurked around just long enough to see them all pass through the portal.

I am quite disappointed that I didn’t really had enough time to talk with her some more. I wanted to know why they are hunting me after all… lets just assume that Aqua was right and they hunt me just because I saved Rose.

I mean that’s extremely unfair treatment but sure. To be fair I don’t know if they want to kill me but I should assume that.

If Aqua did so just because she heard I saved a human girl there has to be a reason for her thinking. Despite being part of a race that lost war to humans she isn’t that bad sore loser right? Surely not? She probably wasn’t even alive back then.

Man I also have to reconsider how I view mermaids at all. To my eyes they all seemed ridiculously weak especially compared to Rose right now…. However she wasn’t even able to speak to me properly while I didn’t suppress my aura.

I don’t think it is just matter of being strong or weak.

Comparing behavior from monsters, mermaids and right now a human… human girl got insanely affected. Despite clearly being the strongest creature affected by my aura.

Monsters were like half respect and then half hunt at all costs.

Then the mermaids… I think they were affected but I am pretty sure they had mixed reception of it. For example Aqua surely was scared at first but got used to it insanely fast…. Then the group of mermaids seemed not affected that much. Maybe Lilia was… would explain her overly aggressive behavior but that can just be her being overly cautious. I am a monster after all.

So monsters that are probably weaker than me are likely to avoid or suck up to me… then about same or stronger are hunt at all costs? Mermaids seemed unaffected that much… humans, well that was something.

I am fairly certain that except Candace and the hedgehog fish and dragon…. Rose is definitely the strongest creature I have met. Well maybe even that weird jellyfish was possibly stronger but I don’t know about that. Yet she was affected the most.

I think I get it now… I am a monster. She is a human. Mermaids might be half that and half humanoids? Yeah that’s should be it.

My aura probably gets perceived differently by humanoids races and monsters.

Damn if I didn’t interrupt my aura when I reached the floor twenty I might have gotten more feedback on that matter. Oh well. Not that it is needed that much.

I think that it is quite obvious right now. The only problem I have with it… Why do I have such aura… I am fairly certain that I don’t have anything beneficial from it. Maybe it affects others more than I thought?

So to properly understand this shit… I need a test subject…

My god. This can wait. I have so much shit to do. I don’t even know where to start. I don’t think rushing to fuse insane amounts of elementals is safe at all.

I should still descend. There might be a very smart spider waiting me on floor fifteen and I really think that should be my priority number one.

If I feel the humans I will just chill and hide. They weren’t able to notice me and I doubt that will change any time soon.

Still… might not hurt to try some tests on this floor. Especially my strength without using mana much. I need to know that too. What if there are runes that block usage of mana or something silly like that? I don’t want to get used to be nearly immortal with enough mana and then die to something stupid without it. Would be lame.

I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I will stop erasing my presence and release my aura. Maybe try fighting off whatever comes. Obviously if I was about to die, I would start using mana but I will fight without it.

So I did. Man I can already feel the storm coming. I am fairly certain that the life in the jungle stopped for a second. It took them a bit before they all felt my aura and those that felt it sooner are already on the way.

Just how big of a range does this shit have? Checking with my senses I don’t even think there is a place on this floor that my aura didn’t affect. That is insanely big. I cannot tell for sure but we are talking about very spacious floor.

Maybe few million square kilometers? I doubt that’s even half of the place but that’s what my senses tracking the aura are telling me.

I am fairly certain that it reaches even further, most likely the entire floor. That would explain why the Cthulhu was already getting ready for the fight from such distance.

Man I am glad that I usually travel with my presence completely erased. I can feel hundreds of monsters swarming towards my position.

I guess the call to make bubble around us when I was talking with Rose was smart. I am fairly certain if I didn’t do that we would’ve been swarmed.

I didn’t even thought about this… I made it because if the humans had a faster way of traveling back to give me enough time to run from there unnoticed… man I am quite lucky.

Well I can already see them going towards me. Many different animals united. Nobody is attacking each other. They all come towards me.

Even the weird fast moving animal was there sort of roaming around my head. It took me a while to realize… it is a butterfly. So small…

Fortunately or not… they were in that similar trance that happened on floor one.

What the actual fuck? Why? Floor four monsters were so eager to eat me and you guys are just passive af? I don’t understand shit about this.

I will try doing the same thing that I did on floor one. Maybe I will understand something about it then.

I have started absorbing the mana of every single monster that was present.

All of them seemed to be so damn proud. I could swear I have seen laughter at those who fell of first but even they seemed extremely proud of what they did. I really have no clue what the fluff is happening but I am feeling continuously more and more better. I think my levels are getting higher. I am certain about that. Quite a lot actually and fast. Feels very similar to the elemental experience before.

Funny enough the small butterfly lasted the longest. It is still hyper going around me. It is certainly slowing down but I think it will take a bit of time before it falls. Every single one of these animals are sleeping soundly. I wanted to even stop but the butterfly seemed extremely agitated that I was about to not finish the process so I did. It also fell on the ground.

Well I have caught it… put it on the ground… made sure it didn’t die landing. Probably wouldn’t have happened but who knows.

Alright time to fucking investigate. I am fairly sure not EVERY monster rushed my position. In fact I think the stronger creatures actually made sure to go further away from me.

I will investigate that too but now I want to know what the fuck actually happened. I think it is time to check the status again. Maybe that will give me some clue as well.

I almost thought I didn’t even had to think about bringing the status. How easy it was to bring it up.

Status

Name: Felix

Race: Ascended Rat

Level: 634

Fame: 1000

Aspect: Primordial

Class: None?...

FP: 10

CP: …!(-.-)12354(-.-)!...

HP: 111111

MP: 1000000+(.$@&*.)

SP: 433

Skills: Mana Genius, Omnilingualism, Perfect Bite, Bullet Jump, Status, Avoidance mastery, Endless, Presence Control, Eternal, Absolute, .$@&*. .

Evolution: Primordial

Followers: 387

Great…

For a while… I thought I would not be surprised by my status anymore. I thought I would be prepared for anything it could throw at me at any time.

I was wrong.

30