43. Faith
972 22 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So my status increase is insane again…

At least it feels that way to me. This time I doubt I am overstating this. I genuinely think it is insane. I can also not understand the mana part and whatever skill with the same name. I mean I can understand the symbols but I don’t know what it means. I have a feeling I can even understand the primordial skills if I initiated the skill picking screen… so that’s odd.

I also noticed the system hinting my cp is somewhat… well I don’t know what it means, heck I don’t even know what it is!!! But I guess it is either too little or too high. Not sure what would make system freak out more.

The system or whoever is in the charge of my status also seems to not really care about the class anymore that much. I think that getting a class might just break it. Otherwise why would it stop making more fun of me that I suck and don’t have it already.

Now… I also got a new thing. I pretty much confirmed I wouldn’t get any more biomass sadly… instead I got fp just now? Wonder what that is… maybe has something to do with the followers since it got added at the same time? So maybe it is followers points or so? Maybe followers power?

Wait... I am ascended rat? Maybe it has something to do with faith?

Damn I am smart… it was kinda obvious this time though. So either faith points or faith power?

Hm… maybe the cp means combat power and then it would be very likely fp is faith power?

If that’s true I wonder how that is calculated and overall what it means.

I can maybe test out both… however on this floor… well I don’t think it’s a good idea to test my powers on my followers. The faith part should be relatively easy to figure out naturally if I ever get more followers. Same goes with the combat power. As soon as I am in combat I can somewhat figure out what that means.

I do feel way better than before. Well as I said I will figure it out naturally no reason to stress about it so much.

Now I got other things to worry about…

Just what am I supposed to do right now? I get it… I am their something? But do I really need to care? Like what am I supposed to do right now with this?

I kinda do want to protect them until they wake up… but that’s it? Like I don’t really feel the need to go out of my way and camp this floor just because I got followers?

I also don’t think most of these would want to really descend? Seriously I have no idea how to feel about this… if I am becoming some sort of deity… that’s also a thing to worry about. I am scared. I didn’t realize I am like this. I thought this is some way of system rare class classification or something... I don’t want this.

Not to mention what if there already is some sort of deity or even multiple? How kindly will they take someone else butting in?

Well it should be okay… nothing happened so far so maybe I am fine…

URGH!!! I slapped myself with my tail across the face. It was a slap so big I could actually feel my hp going down…

STOP THINKING ABOUT USELESS SHIT! JUST DON’T CARE. I WILL DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT.

Fucking great. Why do I have to even give a shit about this? I will protect these while they are asleep and that’s it. For fuck sake I have never asked for this. Nope… not my problem. I will live out my life the way I want. No matter what I become or how I will be labeled. So what If I am becoming something else. I have already done that. I even died already… for fuck sake I am a rat now. Just who cares….

I have decided to put all this new shit behind me. It might be important. But I really don’t want to deal with this. Just no.

With that said… I want to use my new found skill points for upgrades. That can wait for a little but very soon I will do it.

Right now I am currently chilling in middle of three hundred eighty seven monsters… with my aura leaking.

I don’t think anyone will dare to approach on this floor. I can also feel that the few monsters left in my radius of my senses are just chilling about and waiting it out. I think they realize I will leave eventually… that’s some smart monsters if you ask me… It might be worth to meet with them. From the way their mana circulates in their bodies I can somewhat tell what most of them are. Only three out of the ten monsters I can currently feel not included in my followers are something I cannot really classify.

Aaaaand I should’ve kept my damn stupid opinion in the void or something. OF COURSE I JINXED MYSELF!!! OF COURSE THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD DARE TO APROACH!!!

I am royally fucked… I can feel the damn teleportation circle activating… of fucking course.

Well was nice meeting you my followers… I am sorry but no way I am going to die to forty man party… sorry.

It was about the time the teleportation circle opened. I was a bit slow and I didn’t even manage to erase my presence in time before a party of five passed through and the portal closed behind them. I am sure they are aware of me already. I can even see the people quite shaken.

I mean five of them? I might be able to stand my ground against five…

What to do? Do I really want to kill humans at all? However if they even touch anyone from these sleeping guys I will murder them. Or at least make them pay heavily.

I decided to just let them act on their own. I am watching them though.

Currently they are far away so talking to them would feel weird.

I can pinpoint their faces with great accuracy. Watching their facial expressions and struggle of what currently befallen them. I am surprised they can even move. Rose was absolutely stoned by my presence. Maybe the distance affect it as well?

I am sure they are talking about if they should go back and report. In fact I am absolutely sure because I am listening to their conversation.

¨What is that thing?¨

¨It doesn’t matter… we should kill it and then the monsters, it is literally free experience¨

¨I don’t know it feels like it is protecting them. Why would it be peacefully inside of all of them and not eat them otherwise?¨

¨I don’t like this… we should go back¨

¨No John is right… we should kill the rat. It is just rat. Then we get so much experience for free handed to us. WHOA there is even a rainbow butterfly!! We are rich¨

Okay… I think that unless I butt in… they are just going to start the fight…

I decided to give them a chance to negotiate first. Not that I would assume it would help at all. Still it is only fair to try to reason with them first.

I have deactivated my aura and made my way closer to them in a peaceful manner. I think they realized both because of my slow movement towards them and because I deactivated my aura that was currently quite mentally taxing on them… it would only get worse if I got closer I think as well.

When I was relatively close I know they got ready for a fight. They didn’t really talk or anything but I can tell they are used to teamwork and cooperate without speaking regularly. They felt really professional about it and without the aura making them hesitate I am fairly certain they would attack me any second.

Two mages… three fighters? Nice party. So I guess a support or healer? A tank and two melee classes? Nice party composition I guess. One seems used to protecting the two female casters and the two seem totally ready to jump me together.

I would assume the guy in the back with the mages is a rogue or something. The two fighters I cannot really tell.

Hm… should I just fight them? NO! Talk to them first Felix. Don’t be that jackass.

¨Please stop. I am trying to be on friendly terms with humanoid races. Do not attack me and let us talk first¨

I can tell they are quite freaked out. But not for long. The leader or what I would assume is leader talked back relatively quickly. I could also see the other guy is circling me a bit. The rogue got his hands full of throwing knives as well.

¨Why should we listen to you? You beast… you are a monster, we kill those!!!¨

He even spit after uttering those words.

¨Man… John?… I get that! I totally get that. I am soooo sorry for being born a monster. I didn’t ask for this? But if your friend takes one step closer to me on the side… you will be catching his head… I will give you one chance to stop all that you are doing right now and speak to me first… including activating that magic little redhead… you are cool knife guy, just don’t be stupid and throw that thing¨

I don’t think they will stop but it was worth the shot. The redhead stopped though to my surprise. The guy on the side not so much. I was just about to behead him with my tail. I guess John thought so…

¨Wait!!! Frank stop… come back to me. Lets talk first with this rat¨

Did this bastard felt that I was able to really do it? I was totally trying to aim the angle to get this Frank person head flying towards John… well I promised him after all... I will protect myself. They were about to kill me first and I wouldn’t be running all the time. I also feel the need to protect those stupid followers I just got. I just cannot run and leave them to die. But that’s it. This is one time thing only slackers. I will go away from this floor and you will never see me again!!! Darn.

¨No! I WILL SLAY THIS BEAST!¨ After he said that he appeared to be blurry a bit to me for a sec, jumping on me with such speed before I focused a bit more only to see him about to behead me with his axe. I have never reacted so fast to something. I have used my tail to smash him across the chest and aimed it so that he would fly towards the humans.

Shit I have used too much force… when I hit him I could clearly feel his guts being crushed, his lungs pierced by his own ribs and his organs being squished to a mush or so even before I finished landing my hit... I have even held back quite a bit otherwise I think I would just slash him in two… He still grazed me to my face but it was nowhere near noticeable damage. He is dead already even before he landed. Ooops… well he started it.

There goes my chance to peacefully talk with them… damn.

28