45. Powering UP
1.1k 24 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have made my way across the jungle quite easily.

Presence control is so broken… well not that it would have mattered on this floor.

Most of this floor are my followers anyways… I have serious doubts they would attack me. I wanted to check out the smarter monsters too… maybe it would be worth the shot to go to them. I just don’t know how they would react to me.

That’s mostly also why I wanted to meet with them… hm… I should probably focus on getting stronger faster. I really need to spend those skill points.

I am certain that if I can nearly kill myself with my own attacks being reflected… I am in trouble going into future.

There is very high chance some monsters can do that too… I don’t even want to think about the premise of high hp monster having that shit.

I think that maybe magic damage can pass through it without being bounced but honestly the possibility of reflecting magic damage is also there. For example dragons could probably do it… of course that’s only a guess, they don’t even have to be immune to magic in this world. It is only Earth lore that depicts them like that.

I would normally spend my skill points on this floor but honestly with the teleportation circle I would rather not do that.

I was finally closing in on the entrance to the floor six. Clearly visible to me as well. Of course the senses are again blocked. I mean it is only matter of few moments until I pass the invisible boundary but it is getting on my nerves already.

Why is that… just why?

This time I didn’t really see anything that would made my guess a bit better. The tunnel seems really barebones. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was only a cave like place again.

Oh well we will see.

I have made my way through the boundary and immediately knew what is up. Sure… makes sense I guess. This floor will have a cold environment.

I could also scout ahead already. I can clearly feel an elemental close by. There is also huge amount of them around. Some of them probably fused already.

Well that’s alright with me… the floor so far looks like cave systems but with a lot of ice around as well. I wonder what the expanse looks like.

I can also tell by now that floors that are not underwater are not so generous on leaking mana into surroundings. A bit of a shame for me.

I think the insane amount of elementals is probably because of that though. It was shitting out the elementals even on floor three.

Those were nearly always killed very shortly by the expanse monsters. But these seems content to just roam around blindly.

I also don’t see other monsters being spawned at all. It seems only elementals spawn on this floor and from my senses I can feel only one non elemental monster. I think it is a dragon as well. Clearly chilling somewhere where I would assume the expanse is. I am sure that monster is strong but it also seems like it doesn’t really have that much mana and it also seems it doesn’t even have a core... I mean that’s perfect I think. When I really think about it… only Candace and the Kraken monster had cores… well and of course the shadow wolf…

I will try talking with the dragon after I get new skills.

I also think elementals are not the most dangerous creature I would bet. So it should be relatively safe to make a room in walls and hide there to sleep.

Lets hope my erase presence work even while sleeping… I will find out now… should’ve asked Candace when I had the chance damn.

It was only matter of few minutes to find a decent spot a bit away from the spawn points. Also the elementals looks so cool. The fire elementals were also cool looking but more when they were fused. These look nice even in the normal state. I think that might have to do something with more mana being used to make them but who knows. Anyways there is just something so nice about walking mana ice.

It feels more refined and smooth. They are also clearly made by more mana. It almost feel like they are fused already. Maybe the higher floors will have regular elementals as strong as the fused ones? That’s kinda scary premise too.

Well all that is nice and interesting but my primary goal on this floor is to sleep and get my new skills. Also not to die while sleeping and finding out if my presence can be erased even while asleep. I am pretty sure that I will lure those elementals to me like crazy if it isn’t the case. So I should be safely confirming if it works that way. Lets hope.

I have collapsed the entrance to that room just to make sure though. I have no doubts it will just slow them down if it comes to it. But it might be enough noise to wake me up or something.

So there goes nothing… I am trying to fall asleep. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. And I can already see my skill screen.

I don’t think many things changed at all. Probably nothing.

So I tried to search for the primordial skills. I could get other skills and out of sheer curiosity I have looked if I can get reflect skill and there was that too but I think getting all the primordial skills is probably the best thing I can do.

Holy shit… I can understand the names of the skills now. I expected that full well but… just… I… no way. No way. There are nine skills that are primordial left.

And the peeping skill as I labeled it before is already at it again... I can read it now… it is called your best friend. I have my serious doubts that is actually the real name of it. And most of the skills are named somewhat like that.

There is… your best friend, pick me, I am you but better, you don’t want me, you want me, you are the best, don’t pick me, you can pick me, I can wait for you.

Fuck this. This is nuts. At this point I am almost surely going to pick other skills.

Now… I can also feel the things as I felt before and I can tell that mostly the names are somewhat similar to the feelings. I mean even the peeping skill is probably correctly named. It was getting on my nerves but isn’t that exactly what friends are for? Yeah… haha.

Maybe… just maybe… if I look past the stupid names. I will still pick those? Now the question is… should I get all of them? There is literally skill named you don’t want me… I cannot even start guessing how fucked up some of these skills can be.

Honestly… I am very tempted to not get any of these. Except the you want me. I must admit I really want that skill… especially now. I really hope that it tells me the truth and isn’t super fake. Even the feelings are pulling me in. I know I can easily look past that but still.

Whatever this means… I still think that I should assemble all of them. It might be super important for me.

Fucking insane skills though, really insane.

Alright fuck it. I will pick four of these.

I am maybe crazy for getting these skills but I am certain that all of these skills will be super strong. I also don’t think that those skills have their own personality or something despite being named like this. I think maybe I named them myself somehow unconsciously. I don’t know… who does though?

Anyways I have decided on the skills I will get. I have thought about it and logically speaking five of these are quite nicely named.

Your best friend, pick me, you want me, you are the best and you can pick me… they all feel pretty nice overall.

So I had to decide out of these what not to get. I think the skill you are the best is the one I don’t want to prioritize… purely from the name I would be tempted but the feeling of it is quite complicated. I think I like the others first a bit more. Honestly that one is very shortly going to follow anyways. It will require some huge balls to pick the other skills than these anyways.

Okay so that marks the end of my skill screen. I haven’t been forcefully waken up to this point and I am sure I am taking my sweet time so it should be safe to assume I am indeed hidden. My skills are picked and I am slowly fading to sleep for real. I really hope I will wake up stronger and not somewhat broken internally.

I opened my eyes still in the room. I can already tell I feel extremely different. Well I will figure out everything real fast… I will just look at my status immediately. I am not taking chances being surprised later. Better take all the fuckery out of the way as soon as possible. God please be good.

I have opened my status screen.

Status

Name: Felix

Race: Ascended Rat

Level: 634

Fame: 10000

Aspect: Primordial

Class: None

FP: 100

CP: …!(-.-)12354(-.-)!...

HP: 1000000

MP: 1000000+(.$@&*.)

SP: 33

Skills: Mana Genius, Omnilingualism, Perfect Bite, Bullet Jump, Status, Avoidance mastery, Endless, Presence Control, Eternal, Absolute, Duality, Limitless, Pure, Divine, .$@&*. .

Evolution: Primordial

Followers: 350

Hm… yeah.

The names changed again. What did I expected… of course I will have no idea what anything out of this means. URGH.

I hate you system.

At least I have gotten insane health boost.

Cannot really complain about that.

I really think the system tries to make me forget about class at this point already. Even trying to make it less visible… haha. Not going to happen… I will get a class eventually.

The only clue about my changes are my feelings. I feel like something is missing… I also somehow at the same time feel super good. Like I mean super fucking good.

Probably my hp increase but still… cannot shake the feeling of such superior feeling. So freaking insanely good. It feels too good to be true. I don’t know which of these new addition is the culprit but I can tell that it is clearly because of them.

Even at the floor forty where I literally thought I am in heaven… I cannot really put my finger on it completely but it almost feels like I am the heaven itself… like just really good.

Well maybe I will get my answers eventually… surprisingly nothing else much changed.

Well I guess it is about damn time I have a chat with the dragon.

Here I go. Lets hope it is a bit more pleasant than chatting with humans or even with mermaids honestly…

It better be or I will get really pissed.

Closing in on the dragon and going through the expanse. The expanse itself is interesting. It is basically a mountain in middle and around it is a frozen forest full with elementals and few frozen lakes. Being closer to the lakes I can actually feel something hidden there too. It is vastly inferior to the thing hiding on floor three but I still cannot really tell what it is.

And on top of that mountain, the dragon lies.

Damn I really hope we can talk friendly. I could really use a friend about now.

I miss Jimmy so damn much. Seriously. I even miss my damn stupid family.

I always hated my sister but right now I would hug her so damn much…

I hope they are doing just fine after my stupid death. Really, I hope that they can just move on.

Well… maybe, just maybe I can make a new family in this world…

I don’t even know how that would look like.

Scary thoughts.

28