46. Dragon
912 10 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well I was already very close to the dragon. It was really only a matter of time until I climb the mountain. There was even a path…

When I was about hundred meters from the dragon… I don’t know why but he got up and was scanning the surroundings.

I mean I obviously realized it is definitely because of me… I just don’t understand how can he know I am there but not where. Probably a skill of some sort anyways. Doesn’t really matter as I am about to reveal myself anyways.

It did have the dragon a bit on edge though… I think he was getting ready to start randomly attacking the surroundings.

I revealed myself.

There is only one thing I am a bit afraid off and that’s so far others had to start the conversation for me to be able to use their language… well I will try to force it this time. Maybe it will work.

¨Hello there big mighty dragon, I was wondering if we could have a bit of a chat?¨

I hope he doesn’t get scared or anything like that… would sucks.

I don’t want to always hide my aura, it feels wrong. So lets hope for the best.

¨Oho? That is interesting… besides that you speak with me in dragonic. You are a divine being… how old are you little rat?¨

He or she was looking at me quite intently and these eyes look so impressive. I wonder how my eyes look like.

The dragon seemed similar to the one in the floor forty… except quite smaller and obviously not an underwater specie. I have no doubts he could survive there anyways but the dragon from there was quite adapted to the environment. Still it didn’t make this one less menacing. His speech as well felt quite fierce and confident. I have no doubt he is extremely proud to be a dragon. It even feels that he is showing off his body to me quite subtly but still so. I must admit that I thought dragons will look all similar and it seems like it for now. Besides color and few modifications and well the size… they are about the same looking. This one is white though. The one before was green.

His question kinda got me. I realized I didn’t really care about time that much and pretty much don’t really know.

I really don’t know how long I have been around but it cannot be that long right? Despite all that I have already experienced… I have not slept that much.

I did feel at some point that I slept longer but still even if I am extremely going to overshoot it I am at most two months old? Possibly maybe month even.

I am also a bit surprised why that would be that much important but there is literally zero reason to not answer.

¨I am glad that you would speak to me… my age is at most two months. Why would you be interested in my age? I am curious¨ I think he or she got quite disappointed by my answer…

He sort of lied down as he was before and continued talking.

¨That is very unfortunate little rat. But you have some potential… maybe you can actually survive¨

Wait, wait, wait… wait? What? What do you mean? You cannot just bomb me like this and not explain. What the fuck does he know? Oh man. I am extremely interested in this dragon right now…

¨Wait? What do you mean by that? Please tell me¨

I think he started to ignore me… it legit looks like he is taking a nap… that’s incredibly rude, you fat lizard.

¨HEY MAN! That’s incredibly rude to start sleeping when someone is talking to you?¨

He just opened one of his eyes…

¨I never said I am a man? There is also no reason to continue our conversation. I can clearly see that you are a rat and you don’t really have that long to live anyways¨

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THERE IS A REASON TO CONTINUE OUR CONVERSTION JESUS! TELL ME WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT!!! I will try to remain calm but god this does not put a smile on my face.

¨I am sorry dragon lady… please I am a youngling and I don’t know how this world works. Could you perhaps be so kind to enlighten me so that I would have some idea what you are talking about?¨

She did move her head towards me and look at me with both of her eyes… I think she might actually talk to me anyways. Well… probably. Damn her head is already my entire body size… pretty badass.

¨Very well little rat. You seem nice so I will help you. I don’t really have any deep information about your kind but I do know few bits. There are divine beings that usually try to descend as deep as possible in the dungeon. Not always but I know that those who don’t, never end up living for long. I know for a fact that the base specie they are from is a huge indicator of their overall strength. For example the same level rat will very likely be weaker than same level bear. That’s very logical anyways. I also know there are aspects which is basically a tier of such being. The higher the being tier is the more likely he is to perish right at the beginning. Because they require enormous amounts of mana supplemented for them otherwise they would perish, not being able to properly adapt to the new body¨ She seems intently scanning me with her eyes.

¨I would assume that you are relatively high tier aspect creature. I cannot really tell in detail but purely judging from your mana, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the best tier. You got lucky¨

She seems a bit sad about something.

¨However with great power… usually comes great enemies. Especially if anyone knows about you... As I would assume they do, since you can easily hide permanently but chose to socialize anyways. You are likely very well known as well. You will be hunted and if anyone knows about your true power… well they wouldn’t exactly want to leave you alone¨

She put her head comfy on the ground again and closed her eyes…

¨I told you what I know… now that you know my reason… please leave me be. Thank you¨

That’s basically telling me nothing… but also a lot. So I expected some enemies purely because of this and I was right. But it is somewhat sad that I would get to talk to this dragon only like this?

She seems quite intent on ignoring me? Maybe she really believes that I am as good as death? Eh? I don’t like this at all…

¨Is there anything that will change your mind? Maybe we can become friends even?¨

She again opened one of her eyes.

¨Yes there is. However it is far too early for you… If you can survive for at least a year or reach floor forty. You know where to find me then¨

HAHA THAT’S IT ???

Well she will be surprised I guess…

Alright It is quite weird to be so intent on these odd requirements but I guess someone old doesn’t want to bother with youngsters that are about to die soon anyways.

¨I already did¨

26