48. Dragon Lady
700 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well…

Immediately after I started doing the so called ritual…

She just stopped attacking. It was weird but I could clearly see her landing calmly and just watching me.

Usually I was closer to the monsters when I was doing this mana sucking tether… but I am pretty sure it doesn’t matter. In fact I believe that distance doesn’t matter at all. As long as I can initiate the process, it will happen. But this time I also understood that I cannot really force this on others.

I can just tell. So that has to mean she wanted it. I just don’t understand shit.

Considering how it went before I was fully expecting her to just drop after I finished the ritual. Which to my surprise was relatively quickly done, considering her mana. I was expecting it to be the longest one but I guess it picks up speed after some moments…

However not even that happened. I was sure the ritual ended, she became my follower and I felt great. The usual level ups as well, but even still somehow she didn’t have to sleep at all.

Despite having zero mana she was seemingly unaffected by this.

Now this is awkward. Both of us standing there across each other… not saying anything… yeah… very awkward. Probably about five minutes at least passed before one of us had the courage to speak.

¨I understand now¨

Wait that’s it? Don’t tell me that’s all you wanted to say.

Fortunately no. That wasn’t all.

¨Felix¨ I guess dramatic pause was necessity… she seemed very distressed how to speak with me now. I could’ve sworn she is also extremely disappointed AGAIN. I could tell from the looks. Pretty much the same as before.

¨I apologize for hurting you and I am sorry for not understanding before¨

That’s really good. I think I like this a lot. Finally we can talk without some misunderstanding.

Just as I was about so speak she continued. All this time still with the disappointed look. I was thinking she might be disappointed about the situation but she was about to prove me wrong.

¨You are the worst divine being I could’ve ever chose to follow¨

WHAT? I mean I get it. Sure I am not the strongest shit yet but common don’t be so harsh on me. Why is she so mean to me all this time. I can take it. It just feels cheap to pick on at most two month old rat being godly tier dragon and thinking that I should be at the top already. Easy to say for a freaking dragon…. Jeez.

Anyways… what to say back to her? She is clearly thinking about something. She even ease up on the disappointed look, so I am fairly certain that she wanted to still continue talking about something. Good… because I don’t think I could’ve reacted in a nice way towards her after what she said to me. I will wait a bit.

¨Alright Felix, Let us be friends. I apologize once again. It is really hard for me, but I think I really understand now. We need to discuss it regardless¨

Hm… I really wonder what is this about? It feels more akin to the look of Candace when she was lecturing me about not underestimating dungeon.

¨So Felix? Why is it that I don’t feel any stronger?¨

WHAT? Urgh… what the actual? So if I understand it correctly… she should be stronger? I never noticed any difference in anyone who became my follower… so I think she just misunderstood? I mean it would make sense that followers increase my strength not the other way around? Surely another one of her misunderstandings.

¨Why should you be any stronger? In fact you should be weaker considering I basically stole all of your current mana¨

I guess my genius at work… smooth answer. Im such a lady killer. Haha.

¨I see. So now I am really sure. You don’t even know who you are. There is no way a divine being wouldn’t know what I am talking about and I also very doubt you are that selfish or stupid. This is very puzzling… I think you are completely void of any monster instincts. You are like a baby human¨

Okay? Is it that bad? In fact I already were a baby human. Not that I would remember shit but considering the current state of my mind and stuff I am fairly certain that babies cannot hold a candle compared to me.

Although I think that I start seeing where the problem is. She expects me to know everything a monster would know. I am not sure but I guess monsters just know what they are capable off. The fact that I don’t is what is causing this retarded situation where I was literally being attacked from her because she thought I am picky af.

But still… even then? Am I supposed to somehow make my followers stronger? I am just hoping she will tell me what she means by all of this. Also maybe just maybe I could tell her what happened to me? Nah probably very bad idea.

¨Well Aelin… I am very young. At most two months. I don’t understand anything you are even remotely suggesting. And besides human babies are not as knowledgeable as me¨ Aelin didn’t seem amused by my answer.

¨Well you are right. They are more knowledgeable than you. Not that I know about them much but I bet they can crawl and stuff like that without anyone needing to tell them to do it¨

Ouch that hurt. I guess. I had to learn how to move and all that all over again. But nobody told me how to do it as well… hm. Anyways it is about time where she would tell me why was she so disappointed.

¨Alright alright. I am like a baby in this world. Sure. I am sooo sorrryyyyy. But please, could you finally stop being so disappointed and tell me what is wrong? If you tell me I can maybe do something about it¨

I am not sure If I deserved being treated like this but from the looks of it she would be about to explain. Oh god finally. Thank you.

¨I don’t even know where to start. I already told you I don’t know much about divine beings. However it seems that I know more than you do. That in itself is the cause of my disappointment. Felix you might be weak compared to me for a while but you are not weak overall. I am not disappointed that I follow a being that is weaker than me. I am disappointed that I follow a useless god. At this point I am sure that you are the worst god that ever existed¨

If I weren’t overly calm about this I could’ve been hurt by her words.

But after hearing them. I just understood something. I don’t feel like a GOD….. I AM ONE. HOLY SHIT! DIVINE BEING IS BASICALY A GOD??? HOW DID I MISS THIS DETAIL!

In fact I am sure I knew. From the very first moment I have woke up after evolution with the aura… I just did… but I denied it so much that I just forgot and despite all that I have still decided to pick up more of the skills to really become one. I don’t want this. But it is just too damn late. I have become something beyond my wildest imagination.

But is it that bad? I feel great. I am not powerless. I also know for a fact that I can do anything I want. Why am I so scared of this? Even my ego is still intact. Perhaps weirdly I am myself even more than before. I should just embrace who I am fully.

I am no longer a human.

I am no longer even a regular monster.

I am a divine being a GOD.

I might have a long way before me but giving up doesn’t suit me. Despite all that happened. Despite what I did to survive and some regrettable choices. I should not regret it because it led me to this very moment. To the moment I have realized I just have to let go. Let go of my past. My family. My friends. My humanity. Well maybe just tiny bit of humanity is fine but I have to fully realize I am no longer a human.

And I believe what better moment than after befriending a dragon. She might be rude and overly prideful.

However she is right.

Still… I don’t think I can do anything about the wild instincts of monsters. I just don’t have any. Or at least not those that would make me just know about what my skills do etc.
I was barely aware of some dangerous situations and maybe even humans could feel them. So I will have to learn. So what. I will just do it. First I have to do something about the follower thing. If there is anything I can do. ANYTHING. I WILL FUCKING DO IT. I have focused so damn hard.

My entire brain was going into overdrive. I have no idea I just have to learn. I started feeling out mana and shit and surely enough after some time I realized that I am in fact connected to all my followers. I even know a lot of them died but are somewhat still connected to me. It feels very similar to the feeling with Candace. I just know I can help them somehow but don’t know how.

Although that is weirdly calming to know I can help my death followers I am still trying to find out what the actual fuck was Aelin talking about. I am sure only few seconds have passed but that should be enough for Aelin to understand what I am doing. I could also see and feel the slow shift of her from the disappointed look into one of curiosity. That’s all nice and dandy but I still don’t know shit. I continue.

I was doing the weird brain overdrive for about a minute. I think I could continue forever and not get any info. In fact I cannot really get much but I was basically just brainstorming. I could tell where my followers are from our link. I could also feel them somehow if I wanted. I could’ve sworn that somehow if I wanted I could even come to them. I don’t know how but I just knew. Might be a good idea to learn eventually. However the most important thing I wanted to know… how to help them. How to make my followers stronger.

Then it hit me. I just know.

Status

Name: Felix

Race: Ascended Rat

Level: 700

Fame: 10000

Aspect: Primordial

Class: None

FP: 222

CP: …!(-.-)15354(-.-)!...

HP: 1300000

MP: 1300000+(.$@&*.)

SP: 99

Skills: Mana Genius, Omnilingualism, Perfect Bite, Bullet Jump, Status, Avoidance mastery, Endless, Presence Control, Eternal, Absolute, Duality, Limitless, Pure, Divine, .$@&*. .

Evolution: Primordial

Followers: 351/687

I have sort of confirmed it now. Especially with what the followers count showed me and the FP is surely faith power or points. Probably points.

And what do we do with points? WE SPEND THEM!

Couldn’t be bothered with going sleep. I knew I am not normal and now I am certain that I can affect the status myself. I just have to try hard enough. My goal is simple.

SPEND FAITH POINTS.

Announcement
Alright guys. I am sorry for the insane wait. I will most likely release few more chapters a bit faster and then at least 1 chapter per week. Hope you like the chapter and welcome back :)
25