49. Power of Faith
584 13 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a bit awkward.

I was completely sure a screen similar to status one will appear. That didn’t really happen at all.

Instead I was hammered by extreme amounts of information that I didn’t really know what meant. Mostly weird feelings, at least I somehow managed to understand that I can indeed spend the faith points but the problem is I can only somewhat understand the prices not really what I get for it.

Fortunately… I think I can bypass this completely, or at least I think.

I will test it right now but maybe I should just go sleep.

I am nearly certain that it is infinitely easier while sleeping.

Anyways… there might be a time where I will need to spend those in real time, so I don’t think it would be wise to not test if I can indeed bypass the weird encryption.

I spend one faith point. God knows for what…

Can clearly tell that I indeed lost one point.

With that in mind…

¨Alright, Aelin… help out this useless god and tell me if you noticed any change about you or any skills that you have¨

She was amused by my question and seemed to enjoy this situation. It didn’t really take her long to answer.

¨Yes Felix I can tell you that you indeed made me stronger. I really hope that isn’t the full extent of what you can offer but I can tell you that I got a little bit healthier. I am nearly sure that it is one point of health but it could be two, no more than that¨

Oof… I got nearly heart attack after hearing that, well not really. I highly doubt I can even get one anymore but… what the actual fuck.

Alright… that’s insanely broken. Considering time and amount of followers… if all I did was increase the hp for them all the time… wouldn’t they eventually become literally immortal?

One point is two or even if one hp… I still got over two hundred points left.

Despite it isn’t really that much… give me a year or so and exponentially more followers should equal more point generation…

I bet I could give them about fifty or even hundred thousand life in under a year or even sooner.

It also has this weird synergy of well… if they don’t die I will get naturally more points yet again.

MUHAHHAHAHAHAHA that’s insane.

I wasn’t really aware of that but Aelin was a bit worried by my sudden weird behavior… well I was kinda brainstorming for far too long so that wouldn’t really surprise me if it looked weird.

¨Felix are you okay? You seem in pain…?¨

Hahaha. That’s pretty cute coming from her. Even the tone of her voice was a bit nicer than usual. I mean thank you but I am fine. Still was a nice change.

¨Don’t worry I am currently in middle of trying to figure out how to properly take care of my followers. I think I need only a little bit more of time and I will be done. If you want you can sleep or at least relax. I will talk to you soon again¨

¨Okay Felix, I shall do just that¨

She was clearly satisfied with my answer and did something unbelievable.

For the first time of my life in this body I felt like this. I have not expected this. Really.

She literally laid down around me and curled so that I was in middle of her. Completely guarding me from all sides and watching me with her eyes.

If someone asked me, I don’t think I could honestly answer right away but that was the happiest thing that happened to me as a rat so far.

She even did that somewhat naturally as if it was only a given.

Did I actually fell in love right now? No way… regardless I am really happy by this gesture.

I think I miss physical relationship a bit too much but right now I need to focus on the important stuff.

I cannot get carried away by the first thing I found out. The only reason I did that was to decrypt the system and that’s what I will do right now.

As much as the prospect of making my followers immortal might seem good I would rather make sure that’s actually the best approach.

All I needed was confirming the exact effect of purchase.

From that I started decrypting everything. First I casually confirmed that it was actually two points of hp increase and then I started to decipher everything else.

It was really hard to keep track of time as well.

So I just didn’t.

It was endless… so many things were possible and that was also only with the current amount of points. That was really easy to understand because the prices were somewhat categorized by points and currently highest amount of points I could spend on single thing was two hundred.

From that I was sure there would be even better things for more and more points. Despite not really knowing everything yet I was soon about to comfortably decipher everything.

The point efficiency would go up with buying things with more points. It was really easy to tell.

So I ended up with the process.

Boy… what should I even pick? Clearly I will always try to buy the most expensive thing.

However… that didn’t really made it that much easier for me to decide.

There were literally hundred thousands of possible purchases for two hundred points right now.

If I didn’t spend all at once it would become even more ridiculous.

I am a bit scared to even know how much time has just passed… I was insanely engrossed in the entire thing and I am sure it took really long.

In short… I had two options.

Either pick something right now or wait for better options.

Although It would be more efficient to wait… I don’t think I should.

I should get something that would be good for them already and then save up for the better stuff.

It would be only disappointing to get greedy and let them all die before I save up enough. Yeah… no, I will pick something.

I also already knew what to get. When I saw the extreme amount of choices and some of them even so insanely specific I was so damn sure I wanted to keep it as simple and efficient as possible.

I also wanted something that would be iconic and there was only one thing in my mind right now that made sense.

Mana. It had to do something with that.

Sure enough there were many options that had something to do with mana as well. That wasn’t that much of a problem because I already decided simple and efficient.

In the end I chose to gift all my followers permanently increased amount of mana and passive mana regeneration. Five hundred should be enough and having small increased mana regeneration cannot hurt, I only wish it were more specific with numbers.

There were even some ridiculous short time buffs but obviously I don’t want to waste my points.

I am happy with my choice and I bet two hundred points will be back in a flash.

All these options disappeared insanely fast if my mind even so relaxed after I chose my purchase.

I don’t think I will ever be able to spend points in battle but who cares for now.

Aelin was currently sleeping so I would assume really long time passed.

I really am happy seeing that she is literally guarding me with her entire body. I need to protect her. I don’t want another important person for me to die ever again. I wouldn’t allow it.

¨Aelin. ¨ She opened her eyes and intently watched me. I am sure she knows what changed but I will tell her anyways.

¨I shared my power with everyone and I hope that in future I can help even more. Thanks for guarding me. It means a lot for me, really. ¨ I could’ve sworn I see a nice smile

¨Anyways I decided to offer my followers mana and mana regeneration. I hope it doesn’t disappoint you¨ I really hope I can get some praise or even just a nod of some sort. It would probably mean a lot to me coming from her right now.

She was definitely smiling. I am sure by now. Just before she started to speak she stood up and faced me with her head down on my level and intently watching me.

¨That doesn’t disappoint me at all. In fact it suits you perfectly. Pure and infinite potential¨ I could’ve sworn I was getting goosebumps…

¨I am not sure what just happened but you spend an entire month choosing what you would do for your followers…¨ I swear to god I am getting goosebumps

¨Felix. Let me rephrase what I told you a month ago. I am proud that I follow a god like you and I am sure that you will become a great being in due time¨ She was again doing this flex thing where she showed me her body but only this time it was clearly a purpose. Her wings were fully spread, her head held high and all her mighty pose before me. Yeap… goosebumps.

¨I am Aelin a DRAGON and I hereby promise myself and you Felix that I will follow you until the day I die¨ She did an insane roar. Probably a declaration of some sorts. I could’ve sworn that entire dungeon must have heard that. It pierced the air as nothing and it sounded insanely loud and clear.

¨And even after¨

Alright. I think I am in love.

All that happened right now was really moving for me and I really wanted to answer to her properly.

¨I am really glad that we met¨ Eh… I need to add something a bit more well… epic?

¨I am also really glad you feel that way… however no dying on my watch¨

Well that was as lame as I could muster I guess… I think I really fell in love with her and am somewhat unable to speak comfortably with her right now. Shit… she will be disappointed again…

¨Hahhahahaaahahaha, so that is your answer. ¨ She was happy. I think that’s the first time I saw her like that. I mean I think at least. Obviously I don’t really know her for that long but I think that’s it.

¨Alright Felix. No dying. I promise¨ She put her head down towards me to see me eye to an eye. I could’ve sworn she knows… busted this soon?

¨But then you promise me something as well¨ She paused only for a little bit…

¨Never sacrifice for me. Never belittle me no matter what… and be honest with me¨ She was looking at me really fierce… pretty sure she is dead serious.

Then she put her head back up and continued somewhat casually and I almost didn’t hear it.

¨Also don’t take too long to tell me… oh well that can wait¨

Did I just miss something important? Nah surely not. I wanted to answer her as fast as possible so I did.

¨I promise¨

19